Tuesday, June 24th
Squat 3x5 @260, Bench 3x5 @165, DL 1x5 @300

Thursday, June 26th
Squat 3x5 @265 (woohoo!) OHP 3x5 at 95 :/ , Chin Ups, 6, 6, 6

Sunday, June 29th

3x5 Squat at 265, 3x5 Bench at 170, 3x5 deadlift at 305

Tuesday, July 1st
3x5 Squat at 265, 3x5 OHP at 100, 3x6 pullups at BW

BW is somewhere around 163. i think a decent amount of that is water because i've been living off of ramen noodles and nyc street halal.

Thursday, July 3rd

Finished my exams and headed to the gym for what turned out to be an epic session

Squats
2x5 at 45lbs
1x5 at 115lbs
1x3 at 165lbs
1x2 at 225lbs (belt went on here)
3x5 at 270lbs (belted)

Felt really good! Moved very quickly and I've stopped having the problem of my knees coming in.

Bench
2x5 at 45lbs
1x5 at 95lbs
1x3 at 135lbs
3x5 at 175lbs

Moved quickly, felt good.

Deadlifts
1x5 at 310 (Belted)

Moved quickly, felt good.

EDIT: Also, for the record, and for my own tracking purposes, BW is hovering around 160.

Last edited:
Saturday, July 6th

Squats
3x5x270

OHP
3x5x85

Pullups
7, 7, 6

Tuesday July 8th

Squats
5, 1
FAIL
Stopped session

:(

Update:
I thought my failure on my last lifting session was just an off day, but it turns out I was on the brink of a severe bout of the flu. So I'm sitting at home today working on some programming and am almost certainly going to have to skip today's lifting session. I was also supposed to go to jiujitsu yesterday but that didn't happen.
Not a happy camper at the moment :(

Jiujitsu last night at a new academy that went really well.

Lifting today:
Squat 3x5 at 270
Bench 1x5 at 175, 2x5 at 165
DL 1x5 at 300 cause that's all the weights my friend had in his garage.

Tired.

So I stopped lifting due to lack of gym access and a desire to focus on jiujitsu.

I've been training jiujitsu 5x/week at Yamasaki academy in Rockville, MD.
It's awesome. The guys there are tough as hell and super technical and I am learning a mentality that I think will be very useful in competition.

Last night I rolled with a brown belt, a purple belt, a black belt, and finally (praise jeebus) a blue belt. (10 min rounds).

I can barely move today, but it's awesome.

Been a while but I'm updating this log. I've been training somewhat inconsistently but I'm back on the horse and hoping to make steady gainz.

October 27, 2014

Squats 3x5 @235 belted

Bench 3x5 @170

DL 1x5 @265

BW ~165lbs

I wish I could do 5 days a week at a legit bjj school. Im focused on strinking (MT and boxng) now because the mma school that teaches bjj here is just bush league. There are just 2 teachers nw so 2 classes of bjj a week. One teacher is a brown belt (im blue) who just fucks people up, injures them and thinks its funny. The other teacher is cool and is a bb but he just teaches 1 day a week. I dont see much point in traning bjj 1 time a week so Im focusing on striking. Oh well.

Eventually, ill move back to the usa and ill focus on bjj then.

I wish I could do 5 days a week at a legit bjj school. Im focused on strinking (MT and boxng) now because the mma school that teaches bjj here is just bush league. There are just 2 teachers nw so 2 classes of bjj a week. One teacher is a brown belt (im blue) who just fucks people up, injures them and thinks its funny. The other teacher is cool and is a bb but he just teaches 1 day a week. I dont see much point in traning bjj 1 time a week so Im focusing on striking. Oh well.

Eventually, ill move back to the usa and ill focus on bjj then.

That's a bummer, ironwolf. Definitely sounds like a good idea to make the most of it and focus on striking. Maybe you could check out DVDs and try to get people to drill stuff with you after class?
I was in India for a month last winter and the only school was run by a blue belt (he was good, enthusiastic, and a good teacher, but still a blue belt) but I made the most of it by bringing Ryan Hall dvds and improving my game that way. That was only a month though- I can see how it would be frustrating to be stuck with subpar training for a longer period of time.

October 30, 2014

Squats 3x5 at 240lbs

OHP 3x5 at 110lbs

DL 1x5 at 265lbs

Last edited:
Saturday, Nov 1

Squats 3x5 at 245lbs

Bench 3x5 at 175lbs

Jiu jitsu

Hey, just checking in. Haven't been following for a while. How are things going?

Nov 4th, 2014

Squats 3x5 at 250

OHP 3x5 at 115

Pullups 5, 5, 5

Hey, just checking in. Haven't been following for a while. How are things going?

Hi JauntyAngle! Things are good- finally getting back into the swing of lifting again after a while of half-assing it.

How have you been? I've been checking your log occasionally and it sounds like (apart from the constant pursuit of swoleness) your job is sending you on some pretty intrepid adventures- stay safe!

Thursday November 6 2014

Squats 3x5 at 255

Bench 3x5 at 180

DL 1x5 at 275

Went to Renzo's for John Danaher's morning class.

Technique was an over-under pass into figure four knee lock. Notes: heavy head pressure, apply pressure with the hip pocket, use your knee to block their knee from turning outward.

Then the same technique, but applied sideways when they turn their knee outward.

Then a guard pass when they turn their knee in.

Then a figure four knee lock from deep half guard.

Then a bunch of rounds. Had much more success this time than I have had in the past here. Good training.

Will try to go back this evening for a gi class.

I'm planning on competing in a NAGA next saturday, hence the additional training.

Sunday, Nov 9th 2014
Hit the gym super early this morning and things went quite well.

Squats 3x5 at 260

OHP 95x5, 115x5, 95x5 (shoulder feeling unstable from jiujitsu yesterday)

Pullups 6, 6, 3 (taking it easy on the shoulder)

was very happy with the squats though.

I think I'm going to taper off the weights this week in prep for the tournament on saturday.

I feel strong and explosive and I think I have the potential to do well even though I'm competing in a higher weight class.

Tuesday, Nov 11th

Squats 2x5 at 205

Bench 2x5 at 135

DL 1x5 at 225

I used a kind of bastardized version of the Texas Method light day today. I'm trying to taper down the weight lifting so I'm not exhausted on Saturday when I compete.

Also, I popped my elbow in an armbar at practice last night so I'm really trying to ease up and recover properly.

I'm aiming to compete at welterweight (160-170lbs) at NAGA in the gi on Saturday.
My current weight (with creatine bloat) is around 168lbs. Ideally I will not have to cut any weight for this.

Back