AQUAMAN v.2 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AQUAMAN, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Literally everything.

Yeah to me Aquaman was a quite good comic book movie. A step in the right direction for DCEU. A great showing for Momoa who has always struck me as an awesome, down-to-earth dude. I'm glad to see it's made so much money. With the astronomical budget, that could have been a disaster. Instead, it's going to pass a billion worldwide, easy.

That said, I thought Infinity War was a phenomenal comic book movie. Easily the best superhero type film of the year for me.

So far the domestic has had really good retention. So far it is at -23.2% and -41.1% for weekend 2 and 3, respectively. The median is -49.4% and -49.7%. The weekday totals are also excellent for the first two weeks, making up nearly half of the weekly totals (it's usually more like 25%). Even a median run from here on out will crack $350mil domestic which is damn good. So it looks like WW will still win on domestic (I doubt Aquaman will be able to match WW's legs, which got the whole "culturally significant" boost), but Aquaman is crushing it in foreign markets.

do you think it will get 1 billion box office worldwide though, i think it definitely can reach that level.

do you think it will get 1 billion box office worldwide though, i think it definitely can reach that level.

Yes, it is guaranteed. Also it would be amazing if this passes Civil War. The meltdowns would be glorious. But it only does that in a best case scenario. If it breaks out in Japan it has a shot. It has been killing in most Asian countries so it's possible. We'll see.

It's funny how so many people thought Aquaman would be a non-factor that they predicted AM would come in 3rd in the December battle royal. Paramount even put Bumblee on the same date as AM after AM had already staked out that spot. The absolute disrespect. Seeing the box office rankings now is almost as satisfying as when Ronda got KO'd after being so arrogant in the build up to that fight.

Back