Movies AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (Full Trailer, post #131; New Amber Heard Drama Details, post #145)

Predict how much AQUAMAN 3 will make at the global box office.

• $800 million to $899 million (profitable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $900 million to $999 million (profitable)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
AQUAMAN 2 Officially in the Works with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick Penning the Script

MkA43Pr.jpg

Almost two months after opening its billion dollar hit Aquaman,Warner Bros. is starting to put the pieces together for a sequel. The studio has tapped David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, who co-wrote the first movie, to begin penning a new installment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

James Wan, who helmed the first movie and worked with Johnson-McGoldrick on The Conjuring 2, is making a deal to return as producer, as is Peter Safran. It is unclear at this stage whether Wan would return as director.

Aquaman opened in December to $67.8 million and has gone on to earn $1.12 billion globally. It is Warner Bros.' first DC movie to pass the $1 billion mark since 2012's The Dark Knight Rises.

The hiring of Johnson-McGoldrick finally gets a sequel into development, with a wait this long after a successful release a rarity in modern Hollywood. In some cases, studios begin to develop follow-ups even before a franchise picture rolls out. In many cases, it could be the Monday after a massive opening or that first week that studios and filmmakers come together to talk sequel.

But in Aquaman’s case, Wan was in no rush to jump back in (and still remains noncommittal to directing at this stage), and the studio did not want to pressure him or his collaborators.

Ironically, the studio had an easier time (just a bit) putting into development an Aquaman spinoff and hiring a writing duo to develop a horror-tinged project titled The Trench, which THR revealed last week.

Johnson-McGoldrick co-wrote the Aquaman script with Will Beall (Gangster Squad), with Geoff Johns receiving a story by credit along with Beall and Wan. He is repped by Paradigm.

'Aquaman' Sequel (Finally) in the Works with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to Pen the Script

Funny that The Trench is being developed first before Aquaman 2.

The Trench vs. Birds of Prey: Dawn of Slipknot

I really enjoyed the first movie. Surprisingly fun movie, I thought a majority of the dialogue was dumb and they could really improve the 1 liners etc, but the visuals were spectacular.

A little less of "we dont need a king, we need a hero" bullshit and more of the first fight scene with the chick.

Funny that The Trench is being developed first than Aquaman 2.

I think they need a brake a few years before they should do it.

It's not the best movie (good popcorn but not that rewatchable), it's more about the spectacle can't have it so close.

AQUAMAN 2 Officially in the Works with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick Penning the Script

MkA43Pr.jpg

Almost two months after opening its billion dollar hit Aquaman,Warner Bros. is starting to put the pieces together for a sequel. The studio has tapped David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, who co-wrote the first movie, to begin penning a new installment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

James Wan, who helmed the first movie and worked with Johnson-McGoldrick on The Conjuring 2, is making a deal to return as producer, as is Peter Safran. It is unclear at this stage whether Wan would return as director.

Aquaman opened in December to $67.8 million and has gone on to earn $1.12 billion globally. It is Warner Bros.' first DC movie to pass the $1 billion mark since 2012's The Dark Knight Rises.

The hiring of Johnson-McGoldrick finally gets a sequel into development, with a wait this long after a successful release a rarity in modern Hollywood. In some cases, studios begin to develop follow-ups even before a franchise picture rolls out. In many cases, it could be the Monday after a massive opening or that first week that studios and filmmakers come together to talk sequel.

But in Aquaman’s case, Wan was in no rush to jump back in (and still remains noncommittal to directing at this stage), and the studio did not want to pressure him or his collaborators.

Ironically, the studio had an easier time (just a bit) putting into development an Aquaman spinoff and hiring a writing duo to develop a horror-tinged project titled The Trench, which THR revealed last week.

Johnson-McGoldrick co-wrote the Aquaman script with Will Beall (Gangster Squad), with Geoff Johns receiving a story by credit along with Beall and Wan. He is repped by Paradigm.

'Aquaman' Sequel (Finally) in the Works with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to Pen the Script

Next spin off is going to be about the lighthouse

Who would have thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman would be the DC flag bearers while Superman and Batman flounder.

Anyway that is good news for DC because if they can get Superman and Batman right again, they will have a solid core for their universe.

@Dragonlordxxxxx, have we heard anything about a Flash movie? I thought his character worked fine in Justice League and I think a solo movie for him could be a real success too.

Aquaman/WW: World’s Finest?????

Who would have thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman would be the DC flag bearers while Superman and Batman flounder.
Mind blown. Both now and if someone said that to me 10 years ago.

Could be due to high expectations. No one expected anything from those two and when it was not complete crap (like suicide squad) people watched. IMO, aquaman is miles worse than Justice league, but gets good marks due to CGI.

MkA43Pr.jpg

Let me start by saying I am a dceu fan and want DC to succeed. I think they are on the right path since they dropped Zack Snyder. But honestly i think the only reason Aquaman did so good is there was absolutely no competition. None in the movie market for it's run

Sad but true. Let's hope the trend continues though.

First movie was dreadful but Jason Momoa is the right fit.

No more shitty sibling bad guys and fetch quests please.

Loved when all the warships got washed up though

The vision is there just need a good script

Also the movie was wildly popular here in China

Why though?

I mean, I've heard the first one was "good" but it's Aquaman. All memes aside, as a comic fan, the character just isn't interesting.

@Dragonlordxxxxx, have we heard anything about a Flash movie? I thought his character worked fine in Justice League and I think a solo movie for him could be a real success too.
[Oct. 16, 2018] Flash Standalone Movie Pushes Start Date, Eyes 2021 Release

I think a Flash movie would work once. Don't have confidence in the sequels, his power-set is too powerful and writers will have to come up with some lame excuse why he couldn't end the threat in the first few minutes. Basically what's happening right now with the Flash TV series.

Theatres will be flooded with lady juice if the Rock is the villian.

I think a Flash movie would work once. Don't have confidence in the sequels, his power-set is too powerful and writers will have to come up with some lame excuse why he couldn't end the threat in the first few minutes. Basically what's happening right now with the Flash TV series.
ya, see that is why I am glad, despite many complaints on this forum about powers being nerfed, that each MCU character was not merely a continuation of the CBU at their peek power set.

Things get way to boring, way to fast when every here is at near god tier and every villain is a universe level threat.

I grew up reading comics when Flash was formidable but not god tier and they were far more enjoyable. I think in a Flash movie they should scale back his powers considerably and they have already kind of done that as Superman was giving him a real challenge there whereas I think god tier Flash would have evaded those blows easily (and i know some writers put god tier superman at Flash speed levels as well, sigh).

Give Flash a 4 or so movie arc before getting him to that top tier (as we've seen with Thor) and it can be a fun arc to follow.

Thx for the timeline update. I'll keep an eye out for your updates now.

Flash movie could work, but I don't want to watch Ezra Miller's portrayal of the character for two hours. And the press circuit as he promotes it would be unbearable.

HE TALKS TO THE VAGINA FLUID, THE VAGINA FLUID TALKS TO THE FISH.

I haven't even seen the first one and not sure I will.

Who will be the bad guy? All AQM ever had was Orm, and Black Manta. Orm one of the better supervillians in comic movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back