Movies AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (Full Trailer, post #131; New Amber Heard Drama Details, post #145)

Predict how much AQUAMAN 3 will make at the global box office.

• $800 million to $899 million (profitable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $900 million to $999 million (profitable)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: February 28, 2019

The Others Reportedly to Appear in AQUAMAN 2

IZeWxRdXTpCEG21luJjD_Sleep%20Larry%20David%20Yawn.gif

I haven't even seen the first one and not sure I will.
It's a decent movie because of the visuals. It's not funny though and momoa and amber has zero chemistry. Some fight scenes were good but it was just meh. The visuals were crazy and I think it swayed a lot of people's opinions. Story wise it was just fine. It's overrated like Black Panther.

It's a decent movie because of the visuals. It's not funny though and momoa and amber has zero chemistry. Some fight scenes were good but it was just meh. The visuals were crazy and I think it swayed a lot of people's opinions. Story wise it was just fine. It's overrated like Black Panther.

I'll be downloading it I'm sure just a question if I ever get around to watching it. Haven't been watching movies at home as much as I used to do. Although my wife I'm sure wants to see this so now that I think about it I most likely will end up watching it once she see's I got it.

Why though?

I mean, I've heard the first one was "good" but it's Aquaman. All memes aside, as a comic fan, the character just isn't interesting.

Aquaman received a HUGE power upgrade. He's been a fantastic character in the animated films.

Cinematically, the power to control all marine life is awesome. My favorite moment of the film by FAR was the tank in the aquarium starting with the shark.

Update: April 15, 2021

Game of Thrones Actor Pilou Asbaek in Talks to Join Jason Momoa in AQUAMAN Sequel

u2tVPnF.jpg

With production gearing up, Warner Bros., DC Entertainment and James Wan have found Jason Momoa his first new co-star for highly-anticipated sequel to the global hit Aquaman. Sources tell Deadline Pilou Asbaek, best known for his role as the villainous Euron Greyjoy in Game of Thrones, is in talks to join Aquaman 2 opposite Momoa who is set to return in the title role.

Wan is returning to direct and produce alongside Peter Safran. David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick is penning the script. Plot is unknown at this time and it is unknown who Asbaek would be playing in the film.

The original was a massive hit for the studio, grossing more than $1.14 billion at the worldwide box office and the sequel has been a high priority for the studio. The film is set to bow on Dec. 16, 2022.

Asbaek’s star has been on the rise after his scene-stealing performance as Greyjoy from the moment he appeared in the sixth season of the hit show. On the film side Asbaek has been busy, with credits that include Overlord, Run Sweetheart Run and most recently the Netflix pic Over the Wire. He can be seen next opposite Sylvester Stallone in MGM’s Samaritan.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/aquaman-2-game-of-thrones-pilou-asabek-jason-momoa-1234735236/

I didn't like the first one.

Too much...well everything. My senses were overloaded.

Plus, I really didn't care about the characters or anyone's motivations.

Update: April 15, 2021

Game of Thrones Actor Pilou Asbaek in Talks to Join Jason Momoa in AQUAMAN Sequel

u2tVPnF.jpg

With production gearing up, Warner Bros., DC Entertainment and James Wan have found Jason Momoa his first new co-star for highly-anticipated sequel to the global hit Aquaman. Sources tell Deadline Pilou Asbaek, best known for his role as the villainous Euron Greyjoy in Game of Thrones, is in talks to join Aquaman 2 opposite Momoa who is set to return in the title role.

Wan is returning to direct and produce alongside Peter Safran. David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick is penning the script. Plot is unknown at this time and it is unknown who Asbaek would be playing in the film.

The original was a massive hit for the studio, grossing more than $1.14 billion at the worldwide box office and the sequel has been a high priority for the studio. The film is set to bow on Dec. 16, 2022.

Asbaek’s star has been on the rise after his scene-stealing performance as Greyjoy from the moment he appeared in the sixth season of the hit show. On the film side Asbaek has been busy, with credits that include Overlord, Run Sweetheart Run and most recently the Netflix pic Over the Wire. He can be seen next opposite Sylvester Stallone in MGM’s Samaritan.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/aquaman-2-game-of-thrones-pilou-asabek-jason-momoa-1234735236/

Wait, did people like this guy’s performance in GoT?

He was awful in GoT and I was never sure if it was how he was written or the actor. After watching him in Borgen, it was definitely how he was written. He’s a fantastic actor

Update: June 10, 2021

Director James Wan Reveals AQUAMAN Sequel Official Title Will Be AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM

I really with they'd given Momoa a better character, I couldn't care less about Aquaman.

Normally I couldn't either. But Mamoa's Aquaman is much cooler than any dc incarnation of Aquaman.

Just imagine he had been given a good character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the first one via HBO(?) while on a job and was surprised that it was rather decent, despite the terrible soundtrack.

Won’t watch a movie Amber Heard is in though, so if she’s back I’ll avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back