Aqua Bag, questions?

rmphilmacrac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just got mine, 35lb 12in aqua bag. I already have a format for reviewing it but i want to know what you guys want to hear so please feel free to ask any questions. Ill answer some here and then ill further address them after i put this thing through tests and write up a full review.

Also what pictures do you want to see? Cant really do many different ones, its a pretty simple tool but thats what makes it so cool. Took it outside filled it up with the nozzle provided and then hung it up. Took like 3 minutes i think, fast. Definitely less of a hassle than lugging my heavy bags around

Nothing really as I have one as well......lol.

Just review how you feel man. What color did you go with?? I have bad boy blue in my 12". One of the most fun bags to work IMO.

Not everyone does you know? Just trying to see if someone can think of something i havent thought of already but i got the fireball orange i think ita called?

Its definitely sick though haha this things fun as hell.

I just ordered the Purple Crush 15" late last nite. Cant wait for it to get here.

I did a short review on the 12", I'd be more interested in someone starting an "Aqua Bag Thread" where everyone can post pics of the different sizes, colors and chime in on their experiences. Otherwise were going to wind up with a thread for 9", 12", 15", 18", 21" with each separate thread containing comparisons to the other models...

I did a short review on the 12", I'd be more interested in someone starting an "Aqua Bag Thread" where everyone can post pics of the different sizes, colors and chime in on their experiences. Otherwise were going to wind up with a thread for 9", 12", 15", 18", 21" with each separate thread containing comparisons to the other models...

Excellent idea!!!! One thread for everything Aqua bag. Ill get Usomepics of my 12 and then when the 15 comes Ill get some pics of that and put them in there.

Good idea man. Im still gonna be writing up a review though, got this thing for review. Im not about to just have one quick post and a picture hahaha thats a complete waste.

Good idea man. Im still gonna be writing up a review though, got this thing for review. Im not about to just have one quick post and a picture hahaha thats a complete waste.

Yeah but that's what the thread is for. Put up your pics and full review.

Hey guys can anyone tell me if they are noisy,I have seen a couple of vídeos and its hard to tell,with boxing gloves sometimes it looks like it is and sometimes it doesnt look like.
here with smaller gloves it doesnt sound that noisy

what about bareknuckle?

I live in an appartment just ordered a double end bag and some little ball that works like a double end,I already had given up on heavy bags,saw the aqua bag and was wondering if is a good idea,

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys can anyone tell me if they are noisy,I have seen a couple of vídeos and its hard to tell,with boxing gloves sometimes it looks like it is and sometimes it doesnt look like.
here with smaller gloves it doesnt sound that noisy

what about bareknuckle?

I live in an appartment just ordered a double end bag and some little ball that works like a double end,I already had given up on heavy bags,saw the aqua bag and was wondering if is a good idea,

Thanks.

Its not noisey in the slightest. I cant imagine punching anything to even be any bit quieter. It actually absorbs sound and feels weird to the ears because you expect some auditory feedback but it's basically like you accidentally hit the mute button on your remote-- you're not going to hit anything quieter than this (I'm speaking for the larger one 15" I think, the 9" is probably a little louder I imagine but I may be wrong)

If you hang it with straps, cord, or rope instead of chains it will make less noise than a hushed conversation. I would recommend doing exactly that because I don't like chains (and it costs a lot less).

Don't forget to wear handwraps, because even though it has "give" it still gives a lot of weighty resistance to your hands.

Last edited:
Ok so after finally getting my account unlocked I can post.

After much deliberation, and the fact both bags where heavily reduced here in the UK when I got them, I brought both an 18inch and 9inch aqua bag in Red/White/Blue. Personally I think the 18inch is an ideal size it doesn't move around much at all and you can still throw hooks and uppercuts on it I really wasn't sure on whether or not to get the 12/15/18 and I had nearly decided on the 15 but I now I have the 18 I think I made the right choice. I have it hung on a heavy duty bracket using a climbing rope and it is very quite. I much prefer it to the heavy(ish) angle back I used to use

The 9inch bag I have hung from a long rope at head height and I have it swing around and hit it simple. Its a bit of fun but personally I am not sure if it was worth the money and I think I floor to ceiling bag may have been better.

Any questions just ask.

Does anyone know if the Polyform A brand would be practical to use as a cheap Aqua Type bag?

I know the Taylor Made brand do the bags for Aqua, but I heard a rumour that the Polyform buoy was basically the Ringside version of the Aqua bag. I can't get the Taylor Made brand in the UK without paying import and high postage fees from the states, but I can get the Polyform for about £60.

Any feedback?

71c9dLYVy0L._SL1500_.jpg

Does anyone know if the Polyform A brand would be practical to use as a cheap Aqua Type bag?

I know the Taylor Made brand do the bags for Aqua, but I heard a rumour that the Polyform buoy was basically the Ringside version of the Aqua bag. I can't get the Taylor Made brand in the UK without paying import and high postage fees from the states, but I can get the Polyform for about £60.

Any feedback?

71c9dLYVy0L._SL1500_.jpg

Any buoy should be good as long as you can open er up fil it with water. i love using mine for elbows

Any feedback?

71c9dLYVy0L._SL1500_.jpg

I think they are the same. Look at my post above I have 18 and 9 inch and I have been thinking of getting a 21inch but the bouy you talk about above. I got my aqua bags pretty much half price but if I got another I would just buy the bouy and other questions please ask

I think they are the same. Look at my post above I have 18 and 9 inch and I have been thinking of getting a 21inch but the bouy you talk about above. I got my aqua bags pretty much half price but if I got another I would just buy the bouy and other questions please ask
The Aquabag brand uses Taylormade Buoys.

But as @Silver tongue samurai says, any buoy should work as long as you can easily fill it with water.

Any feedback?

71c9dLYVy0L._SL1500_.jpg
I have this exact polyform in the a3 (18 inch) version the only problem is that the nozzle where you fill up with water is very
small as its meant for air

I have this exact polyform in the a3 (18 inch) version the only problem is that the nozzle where you fill up with water is very
small as its meant for air

So how DO you fill it? I am considering buying a Polyform A2, it is half the price of the ringside bag, but am concerned on how to fill it.

Ringside sells (or has sold in the past) the Polyform bouy, which comes with a nozzle to attach to a hose for filling. The hold may be small, but a quick poke with a screwdriver quickly opens up the filling hole for inflation/deflation.

So how DO you fill it? I am considering buying a Polyform A2, it is half the price of the ringside bag, but am concerned on how to fill it.

They come deflated (obviously) but its rolled up like a burrito. Its a very thick, hard plastic, so you kinda need to inflate the thing by blowing into it so it can take form.

I just used the "JET" setting on my water hose attachment and used it about 1/3 power and it filled up fast as hell. I would recommend hanging it first, and then filling it after.

Back