Appparently women are better doctors...sherdog rustled

I didn't look at the study, but I assume it's flawed, like the studies showing nurse practitioners have better outcomes than doctors. Female doctors are probably seeing fewer, and potentially healthier, patients than male doctors each year. Could also be
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpson's_paradox

Didn't read what you posted, but the very last sentence in the article posted by OP says that female doctors only saw about 1/3 as many patients as male doctors. So yeah... no shit they're going to have better overall results. It would be nice if they accounted for this difference in the study by normalizing this, rather than just ignoring it to make a point.

"The study did not delve into the reasons"

Then i have no reason to believe it.

Female doctors are more likely to be primary care doctors as opposed to cardiologists or surgeons who have a higher mortality rate due to the severity of illness.

I'm not saying women aren't just as capable of becoming as good of Doctors, but that article isn't very honest. It's basically Yahoo pushing their agenda.

Serious question. Does a female doc pass on a operation cause its that time of the month ?
can you imagine going in for a vasectomy and the female doctor has real bad pms? you'd come out with no wang.

I don't know, I'm watching NASCAR and drinking a case of beer right now so its difficult for me to understand your vernacular. If you are saying I want a male doctor then yes, I agree.

It's not even Nascar season you liar!

Mods, please ban.

Make doctors probably smoke and drink way too much, I believe it.

Too much whiskey. They don't take their own goddamn advice lol.

I just had kidney stones removed by a male doctor. He entered my bladder.

"Elderly people who were treated by female doctors in the hospital had significantly better survival rates and fewer readmissions than those treated by male doctors, said a US study Monday."

Way to misinform. Of course women are better at caring for the elderly. Next TS will say women are better pediatrician.

Tell me who the top doctors are in each field. Usually it's a guy. A male neural surgeon, a male scientist who discovered something, a male doctor invented a cure for something. The top real doctors are males. Care giving doctors can goto females. Female doctors are usually more caring.

These old geezer's heart are probably pounding after just looking at their female doctors. It's no surprise really.

Male or female. I want the best.

Just so happens that when I search for what I need, they have happened to be male doctors.

Damn right they're better doctors

edee41d2258d2b6db2425a1777d56259.jpg

1406134625_3.jpg

This is gonna sound funny, but one of the reasons my family doctor is female, was because my dad didn't like the idea of a male doctor touching my special place when that part of the checkup occurs.

Dudes may be more logical, but women tend to be more empathetic. When my mom had cancer, the dude was all like, "game over man! you should have come earlier." The female doctor was all like, "don't worry, we'll take care of you."

Back