Apple to fight absurd order to allow a backdoor for the flawless Feds

Bravo Four

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Article sampled from source:
https://jonathanturley.org/2016/02/...o-help-fbi-hack-its-own-phones-apple-refuses/

Apple has decided to fight an unprecedented and highly controversial order by U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym that the company has to assist the government in breaking into one of its encrypted phones. Apple says that it does not have the technology and does not want to be part of such an effort to create a privacy stripping tool for the FBI. Pym seems to believe that she can order companies to become unwilling participants in surveillance research and development. I fail to see her legal basis for such an extraordinary order against a private company.

CEO Tim Cook said the order by U.S. Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym “has implications far beyond the legal case at hand”. He said that the company cooperated with the FBI “But now the U.S. government has asked us for something we simply do not have, and something we consider too dangerous to create. They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone.”

Pym has gone far beyond what I consider the scope of her authority. Indeed, her actions appear almost legislative in nature. Congress has not ordered such back door access to be supplied by companies and such a move would raise difficult privacy questions. It would also conflict with some other countries that have balked at the effort of the Obama Administration to strip phones of privacy encryption protections. The phone in question is tied to Syed Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, killed 14 people in a Dec. 2 shooting at a holiday luncheon for Farook’s co-workers.

Adding to Pym’s controversial decision was the fact that Apple was not even allowed to participate in the proceeding on Tuesday. Pym simply ordered the company to give her an estimate of the cost of its involuntary work for the FBI. That misses the point. Pym cannot order companies to become effective partners with the FBI in developing new technology.

Pam’s order raises chilling constitutional questions that should be fully reviewed by a federal district court judge and an appellate court. The implications of this order could be breathtaking for private businesses and citizens in my view. It is worth a public debate over privacy protections and the right of the government to force companies to develop new technology or systems against their will.

Click on source for full article
-------

First off, even my cobweb covered ass who hasn't posted in at least a couple years couldn't match the dust this vile dyke this half-tw@t /half dick-reaper is huffing thinking such a tarnished entity asking for such disgusting free reign looks a lot more disturbing than a pedophile tasked with guarding orphanages without supervision is an alternative where the only people getting fucked can populate an orphanage, whereas the Fedophile being able to tickle the nuts of any phone they want whether you believe it or not, they can be trusted only if you hold a noose around its neck and a pistol to the head of those who reside in positions with recurring fuck-uppery warrant such babysitting.

Edward Snowden told shocking things that should have resulted in the proletariat seizing the NSA and publicly executing it's dangerous leadership for betraying the real owners of this country.

People like Timothy McVeigh occur because they mirror the polar antithesis of government corruption. His vile incident is simply condensed 5 years of federal corruption being balanced out. A terrible thing that corruption breeds when piety escapes top leadership and selfishness isn't strangled on sight and reported transparently to trustworthy entities. Corruption breeds and is responsible for its very being, he didn't get stale bread and throw a shit fit, that's all the Feds responsibility for incubating.

Or if you disagree, what's the big deal. This country is hungry for a doomed ending, why fight the current on a doomed vessel.

I just think a statement from the Wire says it best: some things should just play out hard.

Don't like encryption? Tough shit. Fuck off. I don't care what terrorism awaits the even more unpredictable next dung laced Vietnam boobietrap anything with a federal seal breeds out like a Thai-Lady boy giving birth to last nights Beijing beef bento.

If you are for the Feds, I'm sorry.

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong. /Ten years active duty OIF1 sniper/airborne. Power to all men and with protection for anyone good.

Last edited:
All of this was inevitable when the iPhone came out and everyone decided that everything they ever do belongs on that phone. The public is entirely complicit in robbing itself of its own freedoms and privacy, just for the sake of a little extra convenience.

Nice move from Cook, I almost lost my faith on Apple

LOL.

@Bravo Four hasn't been around in ages. Shows up pissed as hell at law enforcement. Some things never change. :)

Despite initial impressions, I'm heavily invested in the IT field and it may sound foolish, but I'm pragmatic enough to honestly say that Google and especially Apple are a lot more people/privacy centered than you might believe. For rich corporations, they are cleaned than most.

Yes, corporations are all evil but if you deduce the fundamentals, any building structure housing more than 20 people is increasingly infected by corrupt selfish humans that need exterminated with ruthless efficiency for all the right reasons. As long as people exist, they need studied for morality and ethics and liquidated when caught abusing any power that takes so much as a Bic pen from another guys desk and is content fucking his fellow man over to convenience his day. He's no different to me than a true mass murder of innocents: they are just two of the same waiting for burial in an open grave in front of crowds to remind people the truth will spare you pain if you can just be good to others

Marketing-wise, this situation is pure win-win for Apple.

First off, even my cobweb covered ass who hasn't posted in at least a couple years couldn't match the dust this vile dyke this half-tw@t /half dick-reaper is huffing thinking such a tarnished entity asking for such disgusting free reign looks a lot more disturbing than a pedophile tasked with guarding orphanages without supervision is an alternative where the only people getting fucked can populate an orphanage, whereas the Fedophile being able to tickle the nuts of any phone they want whether you believe it or not, they can be trusted only if you hold a noose around its neck and a pistol to the head of those who reside in positions with recurring fuck-uppery warrant such babysitting.

I have no idea what this means but it's amazing.

So terrorists kill a bunch of people, and Apple is unwilling to help the police see potential evidence and possibly other terrorists. This is bull.

There's a difference between protecting the average user, and assisting the goverment in taking down proven murderers (friends).

So in other words the fbi is too lazy to learn how to hack/crack into an apple phone?
They are the feds DUH!
They already have all the programs to do this. They've been doing this shit for decades.

That's exactly it. It's like the car recall statement Edward Norton makes in fight club about sometimes it's better to just do cash payouts than bother with a recall if an agreement is made on a palatable death count.

It's actually helping the Feds to make them do their jobs that is -not Apple's job to do- Apple can't even help them if they wanted to, they cut their own hands off its flawless conception in a preconceived gamble that this would happen and they can say oops sorry and the people still win. Getting back to the fight club mention, terrorists are essential.

Without terrorists than the Feds have lost their scare tool. I was told by an SF operator who gave me no doubt that he's taking the time to let me know Bin Laden was alive for as long as he was, because he knew the real truth as I learned without any skepticism what essential friends our enemies are.

We depend on an a symbol of instigation to fuel the fat Mad Max recliner racers in America, gorging down a TV dinner buffet with one eye on the tv as they grunt and emit such repugnant stench I bet you could stack them like blocks, throw in Micheal Moore and you have one unhealthy fucked up ensemble shitstack resembling a diabetic Voltron. "Muurrrca"

that is one thing that Apple does that I applaud.

So terrorists kill a bunch of people, and Apple is unwilling to help the police see potential evidence and possibly other terrorists. This is bull.

There's a difference between protecting the average user, and assisting the goverment in taking down proven murderers (friends).

You honestly believe after Apple is forced to create this back door on their own product and hand the Feds the key the Feds are going to pinky promise they will only use it in these situations and this won't lead to even more clandestine spying on citizen's without the publics knowledge or a warrant?

You think hackers will never figure out how to get in this new back door that only exists as security weak point, obtain info that could ruin innocent people financially and personally, or obtain info that could help them plan more attacks?

Until the next major terrorist attack where intel and feds claim Apple not turning over the backdoor allowed the attack to go uncovered. Hundreds/thousands of dead Americans will be terrible marketing for Apple. Hell, even just having ISIS and AQ all being caught/found with only IPhones because of their encryption will be bad publicity.

This is of course if you really believe Cook, and this isn't grandstanding after already cutting a secret deal with the Gov.

I see it as a loss. Governments and businesses want to be able to recover the data on phones they provide to employees. The phone in this case is a government owned phone that the owners want Apple to retrieve data from and Apple is refusing to do so. They don't say they can't do it so I have to assume that they could, so the so called back door is already there.

Governments and businesses inform those that they provide phones to that they are subject to search. Most will provide their password to the employer upon request but a dead person can't.

Apple stands to lose a huge amount of sales to governments and businesses.

To me they look unwilling to help us investigate a terror attack.
If I was ever dumb enough to pay for their products I certainly wouldn't now.

Snowden already pretty much proved to you that its not terrorists they want to spy on, its every living man woman and child in the country. Its every phone call, every text, every internet search, its your gdamned underwear size man. Are you still actually living in the time when you though the government only wanted to look for a few hundred or a few thousand terrorists? We went so far past that its not even in the same reality anymore.

Meh, I'd rather see Apple help the feds have access.

Back