Apple about to become the first trillion dollar company.

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
Apple Inc. is inching ever closer to a $1 trillion market capitalization after its latest earnings beat.

Perhaps the most important data point from Apple’s release was the average selling price of an iPhone, which amounted to $724 in the latest quarter. Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi commented that the 20% boost to ASP relative to a year earlier “appear to have surprised even Apple executives,” and he mused about what this performance could mean for the coming iPhone cycle.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...-consumers-flock-to-pricey-iphones-2018-08-01

Go on and hate

steve_jobs_apple.jpg

54d109229439b_-_the-woz-1214-de.jpg

24402-050-2C2345B1.jpeg

They've sure tricked a lot of people into buying their overpriced, underperforming crap, I'll give them credit for that.

They've sure tricked a lot of people into buying their overpriced, underperforming crap, I'll give them credit for that.

People buying iPhones should have been buying Apple stock. I love Apple the company and still avoid their products. lol. They got nice profit margins.

Well I, for one, welcome our new Mega-Corp overlords.

Warren Buffett likely just made more than $2.6 billion, thanks to soaring Apple shares

Count Warren Buffett as one of the Apple Inc. investors cheering Wednesday as the tech giant’s shares jumped almost 6% a day after posting a positive earnings report and outlook.

That’s because the billionaire chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. BRK.B, -0.25% likely made more than $2.6 billion in a single day as Apple shares spiked.

As of the end of March, Berkshire Hathaway held 239.6 million Apple sharesAAPL, +2.39% , according to FactSet data. Assuming it hasn’t sold any — Berkshire has been loading up on Apple, buying 75 million shares in the first quarter alone — that’s a profit of about $8 billion in four months, and a $48 billion overall stake in Apple.

In May, Buffett — who’s worth about $84 billion himself — told CNBC that he’s a big fan of the Cupertino, Calif., tech giant.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/w...day-thanks-to-soaring-apple-shares-2018-08-01

Now would be a good time to short the stock. Apple's going down over the next 5 years.

Innovation is dead since jobs is gone.

Think about it. Every few years they were releasing something new and different... iPod, Itouch, ipnone, iPad, Apple's music store...

Since jobs left all they've done is release slightly updated versions of the iPhone, which doesn't even dominate the market like they used to. They keep losing share to Samsung and now Google's pixel phones.

The only thing they lead the market in is price increases.

My wife worked there for seven years and her stock is about to get us an extremely sweet house. Yeah girl.

Go, AAPL, go! I love it. You broke mothafuckas need to step up with your investments. Your money isn't making money, and that's why you stay poor.

Go, AAPL, go! I love it. You broke mothafuckas need to step up with your investments. Your money isn't making money, and that's why you stay poor.

Exactly! Financial illiteracy is a disease.

Exactly! Financial illiteracy is a disease.

People talk all day about income inequality, policy, and all this stuff, but how many people do you know that talk about teaching young people how to save their money and invest? How many people know about developing a skillset where they can have a side hustle as an independent contractor (higher billing rate and no need to worry about benefits)? American companies don't need to outsource to Pakistan, they can outsource to you! The added benefit is that it makes you more well-rounded in the job market to apply for other positions, or you can diversify your knowledge so that you can be equipped to run your own company! How many people know about setting investment goals for themselves instead of "I'll just spend whatever I spend from my check, and whatever's left in my savings account is my savings?" People just don't understand the game, and that's what predetermines whether or not you'll be poor or rich. I'm not letting myself die broke.

Omg it just happened!!!

And life goes on, zero fucks given...

Their balance of high revenues (unit sales) and while maintaining that incredibly large profit margin is sexy, from an investors perspective. Still I don't buy their products, they're overpriced, the competition is just as good and way cheaper.

People talk all day about income inequality, policy, and all this stuff, but how many people do you know that talk about teaching young people how to save their money and invest? How many people know about developing a skillset where they can have a side hustle as an independent contractor (higher billing rate and no need to worry about benefits)? American companies don't need to outsource to Pakistan, they can outsource to you! The added benefit is that it makes you more well-rounded in the job market to apply for other positions, or you can diversify your knowledge so that you can be equipped to run your own company! How many people know about setting investment goals for themselves instead of "I'll just spend whatever I spend from my check, and whatever's left in my savings account is my savings?" People just don't understand the game, and that's what predetermines whether or not you'll be poor or rich. I'm not letting myself die broke.

Your assumption is that everyone wants to be rich. I have no desire to make a lot of money, there is nothing in this world that I need. Once you evolve from the materialistic mindset you begin to realize that you don't actually need much money at all to be happy. When you die you won't give a crap about how much money you had, you will think about all the time you wasted getting rich rather than being with family or helping people other than yourself.

Apple Inc. is inching ever closer to a $1 trillion market capitalization after its latest earnings beat.

Perhaps the most important data point from Apple’s release was the average selling price of an iPhone, which amounted to $724 in the latest quarter. Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi commented that the 20% boost to ASP relative to a year earlier “appear to have surprised even Apple executives,” and he mused about what this performance could mean for the coming iPhone cycle.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...-consumers-flock-to-pricey-iphones-2018-08-01

Go on and hate

steve_jobs_apple.jpg

54d109229439b_-_the-woz-1214-de.jpg

24402-050-2C2345B1.jpeg

China must be proud of one of its most successful companies.

And they turned it into a cult. People will laugh and mock or even judge you for being poor if you don’t own an iPhone.

I hate this cringe society.

And they turned it into a cult. People will laugh and mock or even judge you for being poor if you don’t own an iPhone.

Who is they?

i'm not poor, just a luddite <mma3>

Your assumption is that everyone wants to be rich. I have no desire to make a lot of money, there is nothing in this world that I need. Once you evolve from the materialistic mindset you begin to realize that you don't actually need much money at all to be happy. When you die you won't give a crap about how much money you had, you will think about all the time you wasted getting rich rather than being with family or helping people other than yourself.
If you don't want to make lots of money, then fine. You don't need to. Money is not just for buying clothes and cars though. It's the mechanism to get whatever you actually want. Better education, better medicine, travel to see the world, access to do things that expand your viewpoint as a person, and everything else costs money. Those are things that I want to do for my family because I'm not entranced with thinking completely in the present like an animal: I can think and plan ahead into the future. I want to ensure that my family is well-taken care of after I'm gone, and I would like to leave them an inheritance valued at several million dollars. And why the binary thinking? Why is it that I can either make money OR spend time with my family and help others? Why do you think that I can not accomplish both?

Let me ask you a question: Since you don't have much money, how much time do you spend helping other people? And don't bullshit me, be honest. How many hours per week do you spend helping other people in a meaningful way, and what are you doing that qualifies as such?

Back