Apparently UFC wants Conor-Aldo with Rousey co-main in Dec

Wake me when Aldo and his completely healed "broken rib" step foot inside the cage with the GOAT.

Can't diagree there. But Ronda is UFC's big lie to the masses. They hype her as this world beater and everyone eats it up. Of course they're gonna keep pushing her for all she's worth.

Can't disagree with you either. Rousey brings in the most mainstream attention out of anyone else in the UFC right now.

It is what it is and my opinion doesn't mean diddly shit in the grand scheme of it all.

Fedor VS TBA

672192091372120359.gif

Aldo vs Mcgregor
Ronda vs Miesha
Lawler vs Condit

3 Title fights. Go big UFC!

I like that, though I've always finds it strange how people go out of their way to call the male fighters by their last names, and the female fighters by the first names, all in the same conversation.

Imagine the reverse:

Jose vs. Conor
Rousey vs. Tate
Robbie vs. Carlos.

Last edited:
Can't disagree with you either. Rousey brings in the most mainstream attention out of anyone else in the UFC right now.

It is what it is and my opinion doesn't mean diddly shit in the grand scheme of it all.

yeah, because more money in the sport is just awful for the fighters.

Putting Ronda and Conor on the same card is a bit silly. There will be a buyrate ceiling for any UFC event and I think Ronda and Conor could both hit that ceiling on their own. Putting them together is likely to actually be worse than keeping them separated due to taking star power off other cards.

They'd be better off taking the four spoken of fights and splitting them across the Melbourne and Dallas cards, both stadium shows and then you'll get over a million for both events whereas if you put Conor and Ronda on the same you might get 1.5 but the other one gets under 500k for sure.

Rousey vs. Tait - UFC Melbourne
Condit vs. Lawler - UFC Melbourne
Aldo vs. McGregor - UFC Dallas
Weidman vs. Rockhold - UFC Dallas

Putting Ronda and Conor on the same card is a bit silly. There will be a buyrate ceiling for any UFC event and I think Ronda and Conor could both hit that ceiling on their own. Putting them together is likely to actually be worse than keeping them separated due to taking star power off other cards.

They'd be better off taking the four spoken of fights and splitting them across the Melbourne and Dallas cards, both stadium shows and then you'll get over a million for both events whereas if you put Conor and Ronda on the same you might get 1.5 but the other one gets under 500k for sure.

Rousey vs. Tait - UFC Melbourne
Condit vs. Lawler - UFC Melbourne
Aldo vs. McGregor - UFC Dallas
Weidman vs. Rockhold - UFC Dallas

1.5m >>> 1m

2 out of those 4 fights should definitely be in Dallas and the 2 should be in Melbourne. And attach former big names like Rampage, heavyweights like Hunt and up come and comers like Ferguson to each card.

UFC 200 can have Jones and Dilly.

1.5m >>> 1m

2 out of those 4 fights should definitely be in Dallas and the 2 should be in Melbourne. And attach former big names like Rampage, heavyweights like Hunt and up come and comers like Ferguson to each card.

UFC 200 can have Jones and Dilly.

Yeah but 2 x 1 mill is better than 1.5 + 300k. Maths.

Which of those fights do you think does 300K?

I'm saying if they put Conor and Rousey on Dallas and just leave the Melbourne card with Lawler and Condit or even Lawler vs. Condit with Weidman and Rockhold then the Melbourne card will do 300k, maybe as high as 400k if lucky. People aren't buying because of quality of fight they're buying because Rousey and Conor are transcendant.

Melbourne needs the star power for PPV buys especially in the odd time slot.

Makes sense to go all out for a Stadium show. Hardcore MMA fans want McGregor/Aldo. Casual followers who care about Rousey will want to be there to see her against the only woman who lasted more than a round with her. Throw in another title fight because of the occasion (I'd like Weidman/Rockhold personally), put something like Rampage/Shogun on for old fans who are getting interested again and it will be your biggest event ever.

I'm saying if they put Conor and Rousey on Dallas and just leave the Melbourne card with Lawler and Condit or even Lawler vs. Condit with Weidman and Rockhold then the Melbourne card will do 300k, maybe as high as 400k if lucky. People aren't buying because of quality of fight they're buying because Rousey and Conor are transcendant.

They've got to put butts in the seats in the stadium. But I doubt UFC can go wrong here.

Makes sense to go all out for a Stadium show. Hardcore MMA fans want McGregor/Aldo. Casual followers who care about Rousey will want to be there to see her against the only woman who lasted more than a round with her. Throw in another title fight because of the occasion (I'd like Weidman/Rockhold personally), put something like Rampage/Shogun on for old fans who are getting interested again and it will be your biggest event ever.

I don't know about framing Conor-Aldo as some hardcore affair. 189 just did a million buys. The masses care.

The masses care about Ronda as well. Putting them together might be the biggest UFC event ever.

They've got to put butts in the seats in the stadium. But I doubt UFC can go wrong here.

The Melbourne show is a stadium show as well potentially.

I just think they stand to make more money running two stadium shows and separating the two big stars. But maybe I'm wrong and I just want to see a blockbuster in person in Melbourne haha.

I didn't buy 189 or 190 but I'll gladly buy a card that has 2 out of the following Werdum, Jones, Weidman, Dillashaw. I still don't understand the popularity of either McGreggor or Rousey. It seems so manufactured, unnatural, and inorganic. Having Rogan trying to shove it down people's throats even further doesn't help.

It was never like this with Chuck Liddell, GSP, Lesnar, Silva etc.

I didn't buy 189 or 190 but I'll gladly buy a card that has 2 out of the following Werdum, Jones, Weidman, Dillashaw. I still don't understand the popularity of either McGreggor or Rousey. It seems so manufactured, unnatural, and inorganic. Having Rogan trying to shove it down people's throats even further doesn't help.

It was never like this with Chuck Liddell, GSP, Lesnar, Silva etc.

Well, based on business, Conor and Ronda are as big or bigger than the guys mentioned.

I don't think anything could be more natural TBH. Conor and Ronda have natural charisma and attract the masses.

Back