Apparently Mirko thinks Stipe is abnormally strong

That just shows how strong Ngnanou is. Stipe couldn't get him down in 5th and was almost as gassed as Francis was. Ngannou even effortlessly out-clinched Reem.

And cro cop has felt everybody’s strength

I’ve been saying this a long time

I noticed in an overeem interview once where he said ‘stipe is so strong’, emphasizing the ‘so’ and reiterating how strong he was seconds later. Overeem doesn’t give out compliments like that easily

There’s more happening in the cage than the casual fan realizes when stipe fights
Stipe straight up muscling out of that guillotine was an oh shit moment. I knew right there the Reem is done.

In a recent podcast a fighter that visited Mirko briefly mentioned that Mirko had praised Stipe for being incredibly and deceivingly strong. Thats high praise coming from a legend that has seen everything combat sports has to offer.

True HW GOAT.

He's surprisingly strong.

TS - "true HW GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

not surprising, Stipe is deceptively big, like you know he's a big guy but his body is pretty proportionate like Arlovski so when you see them on camera they look almost "normal size" until you see them stand next to an actual normal sized person

I think that is part of it for sure. He doesn't look jacked or anything. He looks like a large man in really good shape. Some people are blessed with functional strength that is hard to obtain in a gym.

If Crocop and Overeem have have both mentioned Stipe's strength, there is something to it. A lot of fighters have said that Mirko was freakishly strong and Overeem, well yeah...horse meat and all that.

I remember almost 2 years ago. Everyone on sherdog was saying francis is going to man handle stipe abd dismissed stipes credentials... Now everyone bandwagons on miocic

Stipe straight up muscling out of that guillotine was an oh shit moment. I knew right there the Reem is done.
It was proper technique too. You don’t often see 240 pound men explode and throw their legs out of guard like that to avoid a guillotine. The power and technique is hard to beat.

It was proper technique too. You don’t often see 240 pound men explode and throw their legs out of guard like that to avoid a guillotine. The power and technique is hard to beat.
Stipe is like a WW in a HW body.

It is really good to see Stipe getting his due on Sherdog. This place has been far to hard on him and unfair.

Stipe has a good camp for his style. He doesn't wrestle a ton in his fights coming off more as a boxer. They really made his style work for him. Great at making gameplans for the big guy.

I think Stipe could be the world's strongest man if he deadlifted instead of sparring all the time

He definitely is really strong. He was tossing N'gannou to the ground constantly in their contest, and n'gannou is massive. And even when met with a strong and skilled wrestler in Cormier, even Cormier was having trouble landing after the first td in the second fight. People act like he only ever tried 1 td that fight but Stipe started blocking them so DC changed it up to go for the stand up approach. To which of course stipe adjusted to that by eventually going to the body to punish him for staying upright. Takes being a strong dude to be able to shrug any of DC's grappling advances off combined with skill.
In round 1 of his second fight vs Cormier when he was on bottom, I remember seeing Stipe grab both of dc's wrists and DC literally had to fight with all his strength to get his hands free from Stipe's grip.

People don't realize how insane that is, Stipe's grip strength is probably other-worldly.
That as well. I really don't buy into this DC ignored the td shit. Between the fighting out of wrist control in rd 1, and starting to get denied on td attempts he had to know how much energy it was going to burn.

I can believe it. Tall guy with a big frame, and pretty lean so he's carrying a lot of muscle even though he doesn't look shredded. He also has serious KO power, plus its rare to see anyone muscle Ngannou and DC around like he did.

That just shows how strong Ngnanou is. Stipe couldn't get him down in 5th and was almost as gassed as Francis was. Ngannou even effortlessly out-clinched Reem.
He didn't had any problems taking Francis down from the 2nd to the end of the 4th round

In a recent podcast a fighter that visited Mirko briefly mentioned that Mirko had praised Stipe for being incredibly and deceivingly strong. Thats high praise coming from a legend that has seen everything combat sports has to offer.

True HW GOAT.

Source in Croatian ;

cro cop has always been touted as the strongest HW

DC is the goat

source.gif

7fRv.gif

ImpeccablePepperyCygnet-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

lol at Stipe just holding on thinking 'Why the fuck am I still up here!?'
fuck i didnt know he picked jonse all the way up? i got trauma as a dc fan from those fights lol

Back