Apparently Mirko thinks Stipe is abnormally strong

That's not surprising if you watch his two fights against cormier. He's one of if not the only fighter who can hold cormier against the cage.
I remember in those first couple clinch exchange in that first fight DC honestly looked shocked, I really don't think he expected Stipe to be that strong.

Stipe's clinch against Francis made me realize this. Reem looked so helpless in the clinch against Ngannou but you could see a fresh Ngannou couldn't overpower Stipe.

DC is the goat

source.gif

7fRv.gif

ImpeccablePepperyCygnet-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

lol at Stipe just holding on thinking 'Why the fuck am I still up here!?'

He's the GOAT at being 2nd best

not surprising, Stipe is deceptively big, like you know he's a big guy but his body is pretty proportionate like Arlovski so when you see them on camera they look almost "normal size" until you see them stand next to an actual normal sized person

I’ve said this for a long time. There’s a huge difference between a real athlete who weighs 230 in their best condition and a fat wrestler who was 185 in college, like most heavyweights. Or even the bloated strikers like Overeem and JDS.

Stipe is a fuckin huge dude. And he can go 25. People don’t get excited about Stipe’s simple style and personality, so he’ll never get his due. And DC won’t get the credit he deserves for beating him the first time.
DC is an amazing athlete but the eye pokes had a direct effect on the outcome of the first fight

That's high praise coming from a guy most people said was one of the strongest people they ever fought.

That firefighter background would certainly have helped in this area I'm sure.

And cro cop has felt everybody’s strength

I’ve been saying this a long time

I noticed in an overeem interview once where he said ‘stipe is so strong’, emphasizing the ‘so’ and reiterating how strong he was seconds later. Overeem doesn’t give out compliments like that easily

There’s more happening in the cage than the casual fan realizes when stipe fights

and a lot of people (ufc hw's) have commented in the past about how fucking strong Mirko is himself, so Mirko saying this definitely means something

That's probably why he has as many wins as he does. I always thought something was wrong with how he would easily beat top tier fighters even when his skills looked meh. Strength is just hard to notice, unlike speed, cardio, skill, etc.

Yeah he's just a naturally big 240 pound guy, big frame and no beach muscles. And him not being a stranger to physical work would give him that farm boy strength

not surprising, Stipe is deceptively big, like you know he's a big guy but his body is pretty proportionate like Arlovski so when you see them on camera they look almost "normal size" until you see them stand next to an actual normal sized person
Yes, Madhouse, exactly! and its my feeling that this means a person is more suited to HW than someone muscled up, echoing what a previous poster said. When it comes to fighting, gym strength can't hang with natural big man power. Natural big man size means bigger thicker bones, thicker connective tissue, and multi-planar strength in all limbs and angles.

Many fighters have said the same about Cro Cop. Oddly, enough Rogan and Schaub talked about this in depth.

I know ben rothwell, Fabrício Verdum, And Pat Barry have said the same.

War Cro Cop FOREVER!!!!!

That's probably why he has as many wins as he does. I always thought something was wrong with how he would easily beat top tier fighters even when his skills looked meh. Strength is just hard to notice, unlike speed, cardio, skill, etc.
People like to sh*t on the recent heavyweight division, but Stipe's skills are actually very well refined.
Very crisp boxing, good footwork, good headmovement, good takedown defense, very good cardio and as mentioned on here: quite a bit of physical strength.
He just never does flashy stuff and keeps it extremely basic - that's the reason it's sometimes hard to see how good he actually is.

Last edited:
Imagine that, not everything is in English. Welcome to the world.

considering this is an english speaking forum and you posted a video which most people here can't understand welcome to my world. Are you starting to understand why you're stupid ?

considering this is an english speaking forum and you posted a video which most people here can't understand welcome to my world. Are you starting to understand why you're stupid ?

So I should leave the source out because the language isnt understood by everyone? Your education must be off the charts.

Also, welcome to the real world.

Fireman strength + amateur wrestler, not surprised.

Back