Apparently everyone gets a chance to play John Connor

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We've had 5 terminator movies, a TV show, and 6 different actors play the role.

Terminator: not in the movie, but I guess you can count Sarah's baby bump
Terminator 2: Young John Connor (Edward Furlong) and adult John Connor from the future (Michael Edwards)
Terminator 3: Present day John Connor (Nick Stahl)
Terminator 4: Future John Connor (Christian Bale)
Terminator 5: From the trailer, I can see there's at least one actor playing John Connor. (Jason Clarke)

TV Show (Thomas Dekker)

So since everyone is taking turns to play this role, I'm going to send a list on Hollywood for people to consider for the role. Please sign up below if you are interested and how you want to be portrayed. All ideas are welcome!!

1) mixmastermo: In this alternate reality, John Connor is played by a mixed European/West Indian actor who uses his cunning wit to develop anti-Terminators.

Remember folks: there's no need to think within the confines of a well-established canon, so let your imagination run wild!!

This news is astonishing. What's next? A thread about the number of actors to play Batman?

This news is astonishing. What's next? A thread about the number of actors to play Batman?

That's different. With batman there were different universes. In the nolanverse there was only one actor.

With the terminator franchise, they really want us to believe there is one continuity. That is why Arnold is in every movie...

Which reminds me, there are a few restrictions in your version of terminator.
-Arnold must be in there as the T 800, as these guys literally come off an assembly line
- The lines "i'll be back" and "come with me if you want to live" have to be in the movie

I'm writing a script for Terminator: Intervention Day starring Edward Furlong returning as John Connor. The plot is basically that he can't properly lead the resistance because he's a dope fiend. Furlong has been studying for this role for a very long time, and will be a great return to the franchise for him.

I'm writing a script for Terminator: Intervention Day starring Edward Furlong returning as John Connor. The plot is basically that he can't properly lead the resistance because he's a dope fiend. Furlong has been studying for this role for a very long time, and will be a great return to the franchise for him.

It will start off with Connor (Furlong) lending his ps3 to a lifelong friend and also giving her $140 to buy him a "point of H". He won't get any of it back, but her dad will get up in his grill and mean mug him...

It will start off with Connor (Furlong) lending his ps3 to a lifelong friend and also giving her $140 to buy him a "point of H". He won't get any of it back, but her dad will get up in his grill and mean mug him...

I'm also writing "The Brian Peppers Story" and hopefully I can get Furlong for the role.

220px-Edward_Furlong_image_2.JPG

I would like to see Daniel Day Lewis play John Conner. Mainly because I would like to hear stories about how his method acting would go!

I would like to see Daniel Day Lewis play John Conner. Mainly because I would like to hear stories about how his method acting would go!

BZww5UP.gif

I think if they took about 5 years off from beating this once great story into the ground they could reboot the entire thing. This time they could spend a significant portion of the first movie in the future.

All of them. Like in that Jet Li movie The One. But with John Connors.

Christian Bale was Batman. Bale was also future John Connor. Logical conclusion: Bruce Wayne defeats Skynet!

But seriously though, how many times are they going to recycle the "we will stop judgment day" story?

Salvation was a shitty movie but at least it tried to move forward.

Nicolas Cage would take over Arnie's as the T-800 101, so I am at a bit of a loss. How about Dana Carvey?

Perfect.

Good call with Cage, but just having one of him would be a wasted oppertunity. Why not a whole army of Nicolas Cage terminators? Each one with a different haircut.

If we're setting it in the future, Connor has to be played by Stephen Seagal. He'd bring gravitas back to the role.

Like Mixmastermo said, they don't want to recycle the "stop judgement day" plot, they should go back to the themes set in the first film. The first film was about a retroactive abortion. The clue is in the title. "The Terminator" just sounds cooler than "The time travelling abortion clinic employee".

The perfect terminator sequel should be set in the future, after the machines have been destroyed.

As the most fertile man in the world, John Connor (Seagal) is in the process of repopulating the earth one woman at a time, when a secret army of Nicolas Cage terminators appear from the dark side of the moon, with the sole objective of shooting him in the penis.

Back