Apparently Cain Velasquez is an absolute flop in Rasslin'

MMArks can mods just wasteland these heavies threads and not expose us to the dumb fuckery of that section?

Cain better be agile, entertaining, be charismatic and be great with a microphone cause he doesn't have that impressive physique pro-rasslin' fans like. He doesn't look like a WWE wrestler at all.

PS: The only WWE stuff worth watching are some old matches from 80-90s, for nostalgia. I used to love that shit when I was 12-13yo back in the days. It was way more entertaining than today.

Because we were kids and were amazed with all the goofy gimmicks and characters. I stopped watching in 2002, surprised how dull it's become now

I'm a grown man so I don't watch pro wrestling, but don't you need a bit of personality to do that thing? When we were (mildly) into that stuff we had people like Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior - characters that you actually remembered and perhaps even care aboud, because they had some personality and charisma and color. Cain never really had much of any of that, did he?

The days of charismatic AND great in ring performers like Flair, Hart, Austin , Rock, macho man etc are long gone I'm afraid

Because we were kids and were amazed with all the goofy gimmicks and characters. I stopped watching in 2002, surprised how dull it's become now

Yeah I know but still, the gimmicks and characters were more fun back in the days. For what it was, at leat you had the evil clown, the Undertaker, the thief (Repo man), that voodoo guy who would set the other guy on fire, the Sumo, Goldust, Paul Bearer, Mankind, ...

I don't know, they all dress like thugs of bikers these days, they all look the same

What's weird is the WWE has multiple farm leagues; you think they'd put him on the Ohio Valley Circuit. This is really bad.

He's 37 years old and extremely injury prone, I think they're just trying to get whatever mileage they can out of him while he still has name value before another knee or back injury does him in.

Yeah I know but still, the gimmicks and characters were more fun back in the days. For what it was, at leat you had the evil clown, the Undertaker, the thief (Repo man), that voodoo guy who would set the other guy on fire, the Sumo, Goldust, Paul Bearer, Mankind, ...

I don't know, they all dress like thugs of bikers these days, they all look the same

Hell yeah. Even as an adult I'd watch wresling again if they had fun gimmicks like that again. I mean we all know its fake anyways have fun with it

It's interesting how difficult it is to throw a good looking worked punch even for world champion Boxers/MMA fighters like Fury and Cain, probably because their not used to using their muscle to decelerate their punch at the last second without leaving any daylight.

In fairness though a lot of the WWE wrestlers are quite bad at it too.

I remember the good ol days when wrestlers mostly threw forearm smashes instead of punches. There was a reason for it: way easier and looked good.

That is probably the worst thing I have ever seen in pro wrestling

I have to imagine when Vince saw that gnp he was either facepalming hard or yelling at the top of his lungs

He's 37 years old and extremely injury prone, I think they're just trying to get whatever mileage they can out of him while he still has name value before another knee or back injury does him in.

Even more reason to train him. In the words of Stone Cold "It's a work, you're not suppose to get hurt."

With the charisma of a potato, I hope he makes money off his name alone. Because he has absolute zero personality...
BeneficialPointedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
Lol he couldn’t even do a thumbs up properly

The crowd didn't react much to him beating up Brock's college wrestling buddy, but I don't think the crowd reacts much to anything in WWE nowadays. I hope he's making a lot of money for this stint because it might be shortlived.

In b4 Cain's ACL got injured.

@NorrisB

LMAO. Hopefully aew catches them in the ratings.

I think the WWE overestimated his crossover appeal, that's for sure.

That is probably the worst thing I have ever seen in pro wrestling

I have to imagine when Vince saw that gnp he was either facepalming hard or yelling at the top of his lungs

It's not really just the GnP that looked bad. Nobody watches pro-wrestling for amateur mat wrestling skills, which is all Cain was doing with those slams. Teach the guy a clothesline, or something. He does have some ability, as evidenced by his AAA matches, but to have him come down, and just awkwardly wrestle fuck Benjamin was dumb.

It reminds me of when TNA tried to bring in the MMA guys, and they got boo'd out of the building half the time because they had no actual pro-wrestling ability. These guys are legit bad asses, but if you take away the legitimacy of their skills, it just looks like they're play wrestling with their little brother. It's awful. There's more to pro-wrestling than just faking wrestling.

Last edited:
Such cringe. No personality at all and he doesn't have the look to gain any interest from casuals. Let Cain make upwards of a million bucks then send him off.

I saw an interview that Triple H did where he was talking about Tyson Fury and how it was great to have him in WWE because he was a natural born entertainer, physically imposing, and the current best in his field.

Great for Tyson, but I'm thinking... Cain is none of those. Cain has ZERO charisma and has always been a boring interview. He's got a skinny fat body and is only 6'0" or 6'1" (to be fair, Tyson isn't exactly Mr Olympia either, but at least he's legit 6'9" or so). And Cain is over 4 years removed from being UFC HW champ. Obviously people will be intrigued by the Brock match because they have history, but what do they do with him after? Can't talk, doesn't have a WWE look, green as grass...

And those fake punches from Cain are so cringe. Even fast cuts and camera angles can't hide how shit that looks.

The crowd didn't react much to him beating up Brock's college wrestling buddy, but I don't think the crowd reacts much to anything in WWE nowadays. I hope he's making a lot of money for this stint because it might be shortlived.

In b4 Cain's ACL got injured.

Sucks that they buried just about their best wrestler--Shelton Benjamin--for the sake of putting over Cain versus Brock. Was not aware of that till I clicked on this thread.

Back