Apologies for Jones?

Once someone accuses you of rape your life can be over.

Before a trial or anything happens under the judicial system, you will probably be fired from work, have your friends not speak to you anymore, and so on.

And the women can write a book, go on the news, start a blog, blah blah blah.

Even if you are cleared people will still always doubt you.

It's far more likely people are going to accuse the girl of lying and stand by the guy whether he's guilty or not. Happens all the time. Women are assaulted and then shamed/coerced into not saying anything.

While Me Too gets plenty of press, probably because of all the celebrities involved, in our society it's still more common to protect a man from repurcussions of his bad/illegal behavior than it is for an innocent man to have his life ruined.

Wonder if those videos will be released to the public?

If we just go by innocent until proven guilty then we wouldn’t have all this drama in the first place.

Even in your scenario of a girl cheating you can't easily prove she lied. Scenario: girl is cheating on her bf with another guy, girl changes her mind, and guy continues despite her withdrawing consent. Just the fact she was cheating at the time of the incident doesn't prove the above scenario isn't what happened.

As for fair how is it fair a dude convicted of rape gets community service? How is it fair a woman who's raped is treated as though she deserves it if she dressed too slutty or wasn't considered chaste enough? How is it

Men rarely lose everything just by being accused. That's just propaganda BS. As for your SCOTUS example he was still confirmed to the court despite openly saying he'd be biased in his rulings.

What you are missing or ignoring is how the media uses these bullshit accusations to destroy the lives of celebrities. That’s just the start of it. The agenda will go farther than that if this bullshit is allowed to continue. All it takes is one accusation in the media for a celebrity and what happens? If you are a TV or film star that’s it. No more roles because nobody will touch you. Kevin Spacey in his recent accusation against a man oddly, got the charges completely dropped. And in the media all I read was that he will never recover his career. Nobody believes him. So the man is not even going to face a trial and he can’t get a job in Hollywood anymore? Fucking bullshit. Everyone is afraid of this movement and to stand up to false or potentially false accusations. It’s clear to me this whole thing started to get revenge on men that legitimately committed crimes against women. But it’s spawned into something completely different. False accusations just because women feel like it.

Even in your scenario of a girl cheating you can't easily prove she lied. Scenario: girl is cheating on her bf with another guy, girl changes her mind, and guy continues despite her withdrawing consent. Just the fact she was cheating at the time of the incident doesn't prove the above scenario isn't what happened.

As for fair how is it fair a dude convicted of rape gets community service? How is it fair a woman who's raped is treated as though she deserves it if she dressed too slutty or wasn't considered chaste enough? How is it
We aren't talking about that though. What about ism isn't going to work in this case. Not that you aren't right but we simply aren't talking about that. Im not on a genders side in this. Im on what I perceive to be morally correct. If we are going to talk about what you mean then thats a different convo all together.

We aren't talking about that though. What about ism isn't going to work in this case. Not that you aren't right but we simply aren't talking about that. Im not on a genders side in this. Im on what I perceive to be morally correct. If we are going to talk about what you mean then thats a different convo all together.

We are talking about it though because we're talking about punishing accusers which would discourage good faith reporting as well as bad faith. Punishing people for false accusations sounds good in theory but in reality it has strong potential to discourage good faith reports as well. Therefore if we're going to add yet another thing that would discourage someone from making a good faith report then we need to consider it within the full picture of everything that discourages reporting sexual assault and not just look at it in a vacuum.

I realize what you're probably envisioning is charging someone who clearly made a false claim. Theoretically I don't disagree because it's morally wrong and undermines legitimate accusations. However we already have laws against making a false police report that would charge someone for making a clear false accusation. Therefore any expansion of the current law or a new law will most likely either cause no change in people being charged so a waste of time or will cause people to be charged when it's not cut and dry that they did make a false report.

What you are missing or ignoring is how the media uses these bullshit accusations to destroy the lives of celebrities. That’s just the start of it. The agenda will go farther than that if this bullshit is allowed to continue. All it takes is one accusation in the media for a celebrity and what happens? If you are a TV or film star that’s it. No more roles because nobody will touch you. Kevin Spacey in his recent accusation against a man oddly, got the charges completely dropped. And in the media all I read was that he will never recover his career. Nobody believes him. So the man is not even going to face a trial and he can’t get a job in Hollywood anymore? Fucking bullshit. Everyone is afraid of this movement and to stand up to false or potentially false accusations. It’s clear to me this whole thing started to get revenge on men that legitimately committed crimes against women. But it’s spawned into something completely different. False accusations just because women feel like it.

Women are not boogey men who are going around just falsely accusing men for the hell of it. Are there women who've lied about someone assaulting them? Yes but for every crime in existence there's been people who've falsely claimed to be a victim. However sexual assault, specifically when women are the alleged victim, is the only crime I can think of where people, particularly men, act like someone being falsely accused is just as plausible as a crime having actually took place.

As for celebrities being falsely accused, the charges against Kevin Spacey were dropped a couple weeks ago so we have no idea what the fallout will wind up being. More to the point they're celebrities so everything is going to be portrayed in the public and public image is going to matter a lot more so others in the industry will distance themselves until everything comes to an end one way or another. That doesn't reflect the reality of the average guy.

Back