Apartments in san diego?

Lol what? That is not true at all. Only SF is more expensive.

You can find a two bedroom for 1400 though. Look in the North Park area. If you want to rent an actual house it's going to be more expensive and prolly require a longer lease.

The issue is for 2 months. I doubt you find anything in North Park for that, not too mention he wants the beach area which beyond some hipster artwork, NP doesn't provide.

This. Many people are looking for someone like you to sublet their place while they vacation in the summer. If you give yourself enough time you can find a good arrangement.

Have you ever seen a sublet for 4 people? During summer? In San Diego?

I haven't. This is a situation for vacation pricing at 1400/week not 2 months.

$700/month, 4 foreigners. Sounds like mission impossible. TS needs some luck. 6/12 contract is typically how San Diego works (Maybe 3 or 9 in some places).

My suggestion is ditch your friends and every man for themselves. It would be much more likely for all 4 of you to find your own spots in the same area than one.

Have you ever seen a sublet for 4 people? During summer? In San Diego?

I haven't. This is a situation for vacation pricing at 1400/week not 2 months.

$700/month, 4 foreigners. Sounds like mission impossible. TS needs some luck.

My suggestion is ditch your friends and every man for themselves. It would be much more likely for all 4 of you to find your own spots in the same area than one.

Yes. Yes. No.

Never tried to rent in SD but it would make sense that it would be different from other areas.

Budget for $30 a head per night absolute minimum.

And even that will only get you situated in a seedy flea pit motel, alongside the local hookers & meth heads.

Budget for $30 a head per night absolute minimum.

And even that will only get you situated in a seedy flea pit motel, alongside the local hookers & meth heads.

It might be possible in Oceanside and Imperial Beach (Still doubt it) but than you have to take account things like transportation then. Coaster from Oside to Old Town or Downtown isn't too bad (Around $10 round trip however shitty hours) but you have to taxi it to get to beaches which is $25+ each time. Buses are a joke.

Ideally, Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach sound like the area TS wants but I don't think it's possible. Not at that price and not this late. It's about to be June. People are already flooded in.

Orange County can't be done.

Maybe something like Long Beach with some hope.

Are you on Facebook? There's a UCSD housing group on Facebook where you can ask about summer housing. A lot of students are in year long leases or go home during summer and start their lease early summer. They rent it out to people usually up front or so.

I've seen two bedroom Costa Verde apartments close to UCSD go for around $1500. And that's a VERY good neighborhood. Mira Mesa is cheaper but it's also a LITTLE sketchy. Not in ways like, armed robbery or drug dealings. More like, people will vandalize your car or something. You'll see like, late teen "Asian Gangsters".

Don't do vacation housing. The prices are gouged. And don't go through an international renting service. At the end of the day, even a cheap hotel on Hotel Circle will be a 10 minute drive from the beach and those places are like $40 a day. So set the bar around that (even in summer).

Being close to the beach? You could get something in Pacific Beach. You'll be about a 10 minute walk from the beach and about a 7 minute drive (massive amounts of traffic lights). Forget about getting single rooms for each of you. Not gonna happen.

San Diego is the city of two bedroom apartments. That's literally like 90% of the rentals here. Also you won't find a house/condo for rent anywhere inside the major city areas. Unless it's expensive.

But if you don't mind it being an apartment with WiFi, probably A/C and maybe a washer/dryer in the unit? You can have it for $1400 in Mira Mesa, Pacific Beach, some parts of La Jolla, La Mesa (Not close to the beach). If you guys want college tail, go to La Mesa because SDSU girls are easy UCSD girls are NOT easy. They want boyfriends, not one night stands and they know international blokes aren't good for that. Beware though. They call it STDSU for a reason.

Rent a van and live in it.
Good idea.

And create some beer money by selling battered fish, diaper & chips on the beachfront

MV5BMTczOTAzNzg0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAwNzAwMQ@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Oh wait, 1400 for BOTH months? What the fuck? Maybe in El Cajon. Or very bad parts of National City. Better make a decision: Latin Kings or Crips.

Good idea.

And create some beer money by selling battered fish, diaper & chips on the beachfront

MV5BMTczOTAzNzg0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAwNzAwMQ@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

This isn't some weird part of britain. They should be selling bottles of water.

Oh wait, 1400 for BOTH months? What the fuck? Maybe in El Cajon. Or very bad parts of National City. Better make a decision: Latin Kings or Crips.

Yeah, I thought it was 1400 per month too... 700/month is insane

My first post I said the same it being doable.

Than I realized it was for both months and laughed. Maybe it's per month and TS just missed that detail.

vrbo.com If youre lucky you can rent from another person in your country who has rentals. I rented a 7 bedroom house with a pool for a week in florida, it was from an Irish lady-In Ireland.

Back