Apart from JJ's cocaine news lets see the entire UFC 182 salaries

straight6

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The entire disclosed pay for UFC 182 (one of the biggest event in recent history with huge title fight) for all the fighters is only USD 1.3 mil. Boxing stars (and all pro sport stars) he/she can blow through 1.3 mil in one holiday.

All these numbers are "gross", so pre training camp cost, mgmt. fees, taxes, etc.

UFC 182 Fighter Salaries

Jon Jones: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Daniel Cormier: $90,000

Donald Cerrone: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus)
def. Myles Jury: $16,000

Brad Tavares: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Nate Marquardt: $49,000

Kyoji Horiguchi: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Louis Gaudinot: $10,000

Hector Lombard: $106,000 (includes $53,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Burkman: $45,000

Paul Felder: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Danny Castillo: $36,000

Cody Garbrandt: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Marcus Brimage: $12,000

Shawn Jordan: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)
def. Jared Cannonier: $8,000

Evan Dunham: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
def. Rodrigo Damm: $12,000

Omari Akhmedov: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Mats Nilsson: $8,000

Marion Reneau: $17,600 (includes $8,000 win bonus)*
def. Alexis Dufresne: $6,400

*Dufresne missed weight and forfeited 20 percent of “show” money to Reneau.

UFC 182 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $1,304,000
h
ttp://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-182-fighter-salaries-jon-jones-dwarfs-1-192450790--mma.html

Just 1.3 mil of guaranteed pay for the entire main card seemed really low for such a huge event (gates, ppv sales, sponsors, merchandise, televised rights in other countries, advertisements etc.)

Just 1.3 mil of guaranteed pay for the entire main card seemed really low for such a huge event (gates, ppv sales, sponsors, merchandise, televised rights in other countries, advertisements etc.)

Normally I would say they probably gave out locker bonuses for good performances but there were not too many of those on Saturday. It would be unlikely they have the money from foreign TV deals just yet and sponsors and advertisements are effectively the same thing.

Normally I would say they probably gave out locker bonuses for good performances but there were not too many of those on Saturday. It would be unlikely they have the money from foreign TV deals just yet and sponsors and advertisements are effectively the same thing.

In terms of foreign TV deals, those televised rights are definitely not free from UFC. It has been a good expansion for them recently. Cant underestimate global televised deals. Sponsors and ad revenue are not exactly the same but I understand where u come from.

$90k for Cormier is a joke. He should have get at least half of Jones salary. I mean, he was one of the main reasons for 182 success. UFC is joke. Fighters are not treated good there. Such a shame about it. Hope scott cocke will help the MMA in the world.

Cormier would've, had he won... As well as have a few more fights prior in the UFC

Burkman is a contender, from one of the 3 top promotions.

BS, the guy just had his 11th(!) fight in the UFC and he was on TUF2, is anything he should be paid more.

BS. He got cut a long time ago. He shouldn't start so far up the pay ladder for his first fight back.

u didn't count FOTN and POTN bonuses.
btw yeah I think they're low but Cerrone in a year banked a lot

Why should anyone, other than the fighters themselves, care about how much they made?

Why should anyone, other than the fighters themselves, care about how much they made?

Because its America. All of our pro athletes pay and sports star salaries are disclosed and public. Players new multi yr contracts, signing bonuses, boxing fight purses, salary caps, U.S open prize money, etc. not only are they talked about among everyday people but is widely discussed on the media publicly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burkman got that decent salary because he agreed to fight Lombard, who no one else wanted to fight. I'm assuming they signed both the contract and the fight agreement at the same time.

I hope Cormier got ppv points. I heard someone say he did, but I don't know if that's standard or what.

Because its America. All of our pro athletes pay and sports star salaries are disclosed and public. Players new multi yr contracts, signing bonuses, boxing fight purses, salary caps, U.S open prize money, etc. not only are they talked about among everyday people but is widely discussed on the media publicly.

Plus it can affect the fighter's motivation, their training situation, their willingness to take risks and go for POTN bonuses etc.

With the NFL or the NBA, people are always looking for the guys on "contract years" to have the best season of their careers. c.r.e.a.m.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burkman got that decent salary because he agreed to fight Lombard, who no one else wanted to fight. I'm assuming they signed both the contract and the fight agreement at the same time.

I hope Cormier got ppv points. I heard someone say he did, but I don't know if that's standard or what.

I hope he does too. HOWEVER, unless he has that ppv share clause under contract previously, he wont be getting any of the PPV cuts. Very selective fighters do get PPV share (I.e current champions and few other big name fighters). But hopefully he gets some "backroom" bonus lol.

Are these "locker room" bonuses real? If they are real are they legal and since they are such common knowledge why wouldn't the IRS get involved?

Are these "locker room" bonuses real? If they are real are they legal and since they are such common knowledge why wouldn't the IRS get involved?

The are "real" for the yes man and ass kissers. Who ever stroke their ego will be on zuffa's good side. Its totally discretionary and not for everyone. That has always been one huge tool ufc uses against the fighters to keep them bowing down.

Back