Social AP: Officials approved thousands of requests to bring child brides into US

Despite every state having an age of consent from 16-18.

Age of consent is not a blanket law that covers marriage age, bud. You'd know that if you even just read the information in the OP, nevertheless did your own research.

Age of consent is not a blanket law that covers marriage age, bud. You'd know that if you even just read the information in the OP, nevertheless did your own research.

"Despite".

It's obviously not a blanket law, 'loopholes' need to be closed.

Wow. This is why I find it hard to believe in politicians. Argue about money for a wall or DACA or universal health care or whatever, but kids getting married to grown adults? No need to ever discuss.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ates-still-let-12-year-old-girls-get-married/

While most states set 18 as the minimum marriage age, exceptions in every state allow children younger than 18 to marry, typically with parental consent or judicial approval. How much younger? Laws in 27 states do not specify an age below which a child cannot marry.

Unchained At Last, a nonprofit I founded to help women resist or escape forced marriage in the United States, spent the past year collecting marriage license data from 2000 to 2010, the most recent year for which most states were able to provide information. We learned that in 38 states, more than 167,000 children — almost all of them girls, some as young as 12 — were married during that period, mostly to men 18 or older.

Twelve states and the District of Columbia were unable to provide information on how many children had married there in that decade. Based on the correlation we identified between state population and child marriage, we estimated that the total number of children wed in America between 2000 and 2010 was nearly 248,000.

What's crazy is that those brides have a much higher chance of being happy and content individuals as they go through life than your average western, liberated woman.

It specifically said that "in weighing petitions for spouses or fiancees, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services goes by whether the marriage is legal in the home country and then whether the marriage would be legal in the state where the petitioner lives."

The issue here would seem to be with arranged marriage, not "child brides."

What's crazy is that those brides have a much higher chance of being happy and content individuals as they go through life than your average western, liberated woman.

Tragically, a lot of 'liberated' women end up lonely and depressed in their 30's because they are overworked in an empty career, struggling with a substance abuse problem, looking weird because of plastic surgery and sterile due to years of birth-control and abortions. They bought into the false promise pushed by the degenerate society that promiscuity and corporate success would bring them happiness. When they finally realize that marriage and raising a family is what would have made them happy it is too late. All that is left for them is bitterness, weight-gain and wearing pussy hats at meaningless women's rights marches.

I think our country was set up fine. Our problems right now are that we've had 8 years of social justice and a president convincing us that Islamic immigration was a good thing. When in fact it was a terrible idea that America will pay for, for years to come.

I think the State Department doing this is the dem's fault.

The article states that for these visas to be approved, two things must be true:

1. The marriage must be legal in their home country.
2. The marriage must be legal in the state they reside in the US.

This sounds like New York, Virginia, and Maryland have to change their laws to get with the rest of the US.

Here is a list of "age of marriage" in each state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

The article states that for these visas to be approved, two things must be true:

1. The marriage must be legal in their home country.
2. The marriage must be legal in the state they reside in the US.

This sounds like New York, Virginia, and Maryland have to change their laws to get with the rest of the US.

Here is a list of "age of marriage" in each state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

Thomas Jefferson sees those ages and is like "Virginia, niiice"
YMJmX8I.gif

Tragically, a lot of 'liberated' women end up lonely and depressed in their 30's because they are overworked in an empty career, struggling with a substance abuse problem, looking weird because of plastic surgery and sterile due to years of birth-control and abortions. They bought into the false promise pushed by the degenerate society that promiscuity and corporate success would bring them happiness. When they finally realize that marriage and raising a family is what would have made them happy it is too late. All that is left for them is bitterness, weight-gain and wearing pussy hats at meaningless women's rights marches.

To put your repressive theocracy dreams on hold for a second, is this really that closely related to the subject(s) of arranged marriages and child brides?

Well given the fact that child marriage is legal in most states and we've had over 200,000 child marriages between the years 2000 and 2015 perhaps their culture is not so different after all.

It's a disgrace and makes it look like it's actually some mainstream accepted thing when there are laws on the books in every state with a 'general' minimum age of 16-18 for both marriage and sexual consent, yet with so many contradictory "loopholes" and exemptions to be exploited?

If only they would have been attracted to real men like you and TCK you all could have been happy and not wasted your lives.

To put your repressive theocracy dreams on hold for a second, is this really that closely related to the subject(s) of arranged marriages and child brides?

My theocratic dreams have no relevance in this thread. :oops:

When I think about how many American men's lives are completely trashed for having sex with a 15 year old when they are 20.. You can't have a sex offender registry for American guys, and an incentive program from scumbags from Pakistan.. Who are also committing incest. Enough pretending their incest shit is ok. I had hot cousins I wouldn't have touched. It's gross.

If only they would have been attracted to real men like you and TCK you all could have been happy and not wasted your lives.

Most women would not be happy being with me. I would hope the lost women we are talking about could find a man much better than I am. To be honest, if I could do it all again, I would not have gotten married. I would have just joined a monastery, studied theology and philosophy and taken a vow of celibacy.

10-lo-studio-in-cella.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a disgrace and makes it look like it's actually some mainstream accepted thing when there are laws on the books in every state with a 'general' minimum age of 16-18 for both marriage and sexual consent, yet with so many contradictory "loopholes" and exemptions to be exploited?
Tbh if you actually look at the stats on those marriages they're really not that bad. 67% of the minors were 17 with another 29% being 16 and of the adults they married 60% were 18-20 with another 25% being 21-23. So most of those "child marriages" are teenagers getting married with other teenagers with some young adults thrown in the mix, probably not that bad compared to a country like Pakistan or, even worse, Bangladesh.

Back