Aoki vs Kawajiri Last Night (Spoiler)

TalkShowOnMute

dancingonthecorpsesashes
@Black
Reaction score
I'm suprised no one mentioned....

Did you see that freaking ankle lock last night. Holy hell!

He grabbed that thing and never let go...

It was really really deep....like this...
a2iz6.png

Notice the angle of Kawajiri's body and then how his foot and toe orientation are under Aoki's armpit. The top of Kawa's foot is facing the sky and his body is facing away from us...ouch...But Kawa still did not tap.. Touch bastard hung on with his foot basically detached from the shin for a minute or two more...

wrhshy.png

Then Aoki arched back for a final squeeze and you could see the foot was not connected to the shin, and bones were jutting out...

Wicked straight ankle lock.

It was pretty sick. Any word on what injuries Kawajiri suffered if any?

It was pretty sick. Any word on what injuries Kawajiri suffered if any?

I've been scouring the net, the Japanese sites are more likely to have conclusive results. Most say unknown, a source on the UG said broken ankle and possibly torn tendons.

All I have found was this quote:

"Kawajiri

I guess you never know if something is really seriously damaged or not in these types of cases. I mean everyone was certain Tomasz Drwal's leg was done for them Toquinho got ahold of it. Yet, it turned out he had no serious injuries to the leg. Hopefully Kawa does not have severely torn tendons and such...

However, it looks pretty bad here, I mean...where is his foot even...

op4apv.png

Liver shots and ankle subs are the 2 most painful things probably. He should have tapped way earlier, he got rapped

tnx for the vids guys

and holy raptor jesus that ankle lock looked like it hurt like a sumbich, good night Irene indeed (whatever the hell that means)

Kawajiri is gangsta for not tapping earlier! Holy fucking hell I was cringing during the entire match, could barely watch.

i made the mistake of reading the results before watching the fights
:|

i loved kawa throwing the heals to aokis face, like man this guys gonna rip off my foot, have to do something

dont think there was a punch landed during that fight.

it looked brutal everytime they showed a close angle of the submission

also,GREAT thread in the contenders regarding the sbu

Kawajiri is gangsta for not tapping earlier! Holy fucking hell I was cringing during the entire match, could barely watch.

I actually find it bad that your message is making not tapping seem like a cool thing, no wonder kids watch fights and then try jiujitsu and don't tap.

Liver shots and ankle subs are the 2 most painful things probably. He should have tapped way earlier, he got rapped

I disagree, ankle locks really don't hurt that badly while they're being applied, especially if you're full of adrenaline. They hurt like shit the next day though.

I actually find it bad that your message is making not tapping seem like a cool thing, no wonder kids watch fights and then try jiujitsu and don't tap.

dont think he meant to imply that tho

I disagree, ankle locks really don't hurt that badly while they're being applied, especially if you're full of adrenaline. They hurt like shit the next day though.

I'm not trying to brag, but I'm certainly not a little bitch, and I've been in achilles locks where it feels like my foot is about to get crunched off my leg, and it hurts...just a lil bit.

from what i read they say kawajiri's ankle was broke. i cannot say this is 100% truth but he looked to be in agony after the tap.

I really wanted to see kawajiri win that fight because he was making sound like he was gonna fight in the US if he won.

I guess we can finally say for a fact the best LWs are american.

Back