Aoki: One FC is the best place to compete

FR

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Obviously it's not surprising he'd be saying this about his current employers, but he also goes on to say it's unlikely we'll ever see him fight in America again.

Interesting thoughts as he prepares for his FW debut in a matter of hours.

Aoki nuthugs One FC too the supreme level...makes sense I guess.

He would get knocked out if he goes to the UFC anyway, no need for rule that favors
wrestlers like he said.

Don't expect he will fight for UFC.
Kawajiri has more possibility cause rumor says he finally left DREAM.

Don't expect he will fight for UFC.
Kawajiri has more possibility cause rumor says he finally left DREAM.

Dream still exists? lol. Kawajiri is too much of a mercenary, dude will fight only if he thinks the money is good enough.

Aoki nuthugs One FC too the supreme level...makes sense I guess.

He would get knocked out if he goes to the UFC anyway, no need for rule that favors
wrestlers like he said.

lol he would get knocked out because Eddie beat him?

and he is right actually maybe not on everything but OneFc have best rules right now and it's not even debatable

but korean fighters also have to deal with that jet lag and still do very well in the ufc if they doesn't get robbed by said judges.

but korean fighters also have to deal with that jet lag and still do very well in the ufc if they doesn't get robbed by said judges.

To be fair every Korean fighter has talked about how bad the jetlag is and how much that factors into cardio. DHK is known as a cardio machine but outside of fighting in Asia he has a tendency to fade in the later rounds.

Aoki's loses in the US had nothing to do with judges favoring wrestlers. It had to do with his opponents nulifying his submission game. I'd like to see him against 145 opponents however.

For jet lag, you almost have to move your camp early to the location you'll be fighting at. Not all fighters can do that so easily but I think it would benefit Aoki. Also, I think the UFC would love putting on a Japan event again with him in it.

Guy above me is exactly right. How did judges favoring wrestlers effect the outcome in the Alvarez fight, Shinya?

Of course he likes One FC better. He can be champion just by fighting cans and nobodies.

Best place to fight to make easy money, thats about it.

A lot of the Japanese fighters in the UFC get to fight in the pacific and don't have to fight guys like Cody Stevens and Arnaud Lepont to do it. 4 our of the last 5 Mizugaki fights will have been in the Pacific region. Gomi's last 3 all have been.

The odd thing is, if he ever wanted to fight on big shows in Japan ever again he would have to do it in the UFC most likely. He has come up with a bunch of different reasons why he won't fight here that make no sense to me. "It's not in Japan" neither is he. "He needs to be close to his family" he relocated to Singapore while his family lives in Japan so he can make money as an instructor. "He doesn't want to fight in the US" he has three times. I guess they have the best fans in a sense that they will accept a supposed top ten fighter fighting guys not even in the top 100.

It is what it is. He has a nice gig as an instructor at Evolve and his MMA career takes a huge backseat to that.

Guess you cant blame him, fights in Asia, fights much easier competition, gets paid well to do it and add wins to his record.

A lot of the Japanese fighters in the UFC get to fight in the pacific and don't have to fight guys like Cody Stevens and Arnaud Lepont to do it. 4 our of the last 5 Mizugaki fights will have been in the Pacific region. Gomi's last 3 all have been.

The odd thing is, if he ever wanted to fight on big shows in Japan ever again he would have to do it in the UFC most likely. He has come up with a bunch of different reasons why he won't fight here that make no sense to me. "It's not in Japan" neither is he. "He needs to be close to his family" he relocated to Singapore while his family lives in Japan so he can make money as an instructor. "He doesn't want to fight in the US" he has three times. I guess they have the best fans in a sense that they will accept a supposed top ten fighter fighting guys not even in the top 100.

It is what it is. He has a nice gig as an instructor at Evolve and his MMA career takes a huge backseat to that.

Pretty sure his immediate family moved to Singapore with him

And this is why. Imagine Aldo, Edgar, Mendes, Cub, Lamas, Curran, Pitbull in that cage with him right now? LOL, he gets destroyed by the top FW.

Back