Social AOC says she feared GOP lawmakers would lead capital mob to her.

As more comes out about this, the worse it looks. What I wonder is if a republican lawmaker would have tried to open a door how far would the capital police have gone to stop them. I don’t think it could have happened. Those officers assigned to the congress and senators are pretty elite. I worked with about eight of them while on a protection duty for John Boehner in 2012

It seems overly generous to completely discount the possibility of the existence of a Trump supporting rogue cop, especially in the current political environment we're living in. Of all the things that happened in 2020, a Trump sympathizing cop letting his politics effect his judgement would be the thing that was unbelievable?
The people that were involved with this riot and believe in this movement are not all uneducated yokels or anarchists. There are people with money and means enough to fly across the country to participate in this.
So, if you have a cop that truly believes that the election was fraudulent, like these rioters did, they don't see themselves in the wrong. They're the patriots.

It's one thing for you, a cop (former?), to have this feeling based off of your own experience, but to expect a civilian that constantly gets threats of rape and murder to have that same faith that you have, and for her to just completely trust that nothing bad will happen, WHILE the building, a building that should be the safest place on the planet, is being overrun by rioters that you know want to do harm to you?
That the rioters made it into the building at all should be enough to make anybody with an ounce of street smarts to have their guard up and wonder WTF is going on.

Considerating the amounts of death threats she regularly gets from people on the right, she had reason to be concerned when a rightist mob stormed the building she was trapped in.

It seems overly generous to completely discount the possibility of the existence of a Trump supporting rogue cop, especially in the current political environment we're living in. Of all the things that happened in 2020, a Trump sympathizing cop letting his politics effect his judgement would be the thing that was unbelievable?
The people that were involved with this riot and believe in this movement are not all uneducated yokels or anarchists. There are people with money and means enough to fly across the country to participate in this.
So, if you have a cop that truly believes that the election was fraudulent, like these rioters did, they don't see themselves in the wrong. They're the patriots.

It's one thing for you, a cop (former?), to have this feeling based off of your own experience, but to expect a civilian that constantly gets threats of rape and murder to have that same faith that you have, and for her to just completely trust that nothing bad will happen, WHILE the building, a building that should be the safest place on the planet, is being overrun by rioters that you know want to do harm to you?
That the rioters made it into the building at all should be enough to make anybody with an ounce of street smarts to have their guard up and wonder WTF is going on.

True, the threat was real. I don’t think the chance of an officer assigned to protect the individual politicians would be a risk to turn on the people they protect day and night. I just don’t. We absolutely can disagree on that, but I am not changing my opinion on that. I granted that there were members of congress that are absolutely batshit crazy that might have wanted bad things to happen to her-but they are not getting through the cops to open that door imo.

True, the threat was real. I don’t think the chance of an officer assigned to protect the individual politicians would be a risk to turn on the people they protect day and night. I just don’t. We absolutely can disagree on that, but I am not changing my opinion on that. I granted that there were members of congress that are absolutely batshit crazy that might have wanted bad things to happen to her-but they are not getting through the cops to open that door imo.
Did you see the full video of that Qanon psychos getting shot? In your professional opinion why did the cops in front of the door leave? I've been confused by that.

She's a 31 year old bartender who didn't understand what a) Amazon is and b) how tax breaks work.

Just feel sorry for her and move on.
She has a college education, which is more than you can say for 99% of Vanilla ISIS members

doubt you'll see people be discrete anymore.
now you have to screech murder as loud as you can all over social media.
this is the future - endless screaming.
There is no screeching on social media. Just typing.

Did you see the full video of that Qanon psychos getting shot? In your professional opinion why did the cops in front of the door leave? I've been confused by that.

Didn’t see that video. Saw the videos of the officers being attacked. Maybe after they shot her they were afraid things would get really bad

Didn’t see that video. Saw the videos of the officers being attacked and a few other snipets. I don’t know why the police did what they did. Maybe after they shot that woman they were afraid things would go real bad and they would have to shoot more people

it's been considerably more hysterical these past months.
It's weird, ain't it? I'm starting to think the Mayan calendar thing (12/21/2012) was the the starting point for this apparant downward spiral into depravity, hatred, and insanity. Hope you're staying safe out there, bruv.

It's weird, ain't it? I'm starting to think the Mayan calendar thing (12/21/2012) was the the starting point for this apparant downward spiral into depravity, hatred, and insanity. Hope you're staying safe out there, bruv.
well i am far away in europe, and we are all watching in terror at what is going on in america. doesn't look good. last time i was in america in june 2019 and manhattan was the usual self. if and when i go back, i even wonder how it will all look like. judging by the posting in here, america is dead split in half.

well i am far away in europe, and we are all watching in terror at what is going on in america. doesn't look good. last time i was in america in june 2019 and manhattan was the usual self. if and when i go back, i even wonder how it will all look like. judging by the posting in here, america is dead split in half.
Best way to put it. Professional fence sitters, like me, can't have an opinion on an issue now without getting thrown into one category or another. Rational thought has left the country, it's either one way or the other when it comes to anything. No longer is there a gray area to subjects, a middle ground, or the ability to look at something from a different perspective. It's fucked up.

Best way to put it. Professional fence sitters, like me, can't have an opinion on an issue now without getting thrown into one category or another. Rational thought has left the country, it's either one way or the other when it comes to anything. No longer is there a gray area to subjects, a middle ground, or the ability to look at something from a different perspective. It's fucked up.
what it does is completely silence the center. if no matter what i say, if i am not extreme in my view i am automatically a racist white supremacist or a snowflake transsexual, well, fuck that talk, i'd rather just not participate, just wait for the screaming to die down.

what it does is completely silence the center. if no matter what i say, if i am not extreme in my view i am automatically a racist white supremacist or a snowflake transsexual, well, fuck that talk, i'd rather just not participate, just wait for the screaming to die down.
That's me. I'ma sit around and watch all these morons throw their temper tantrums and rub salt in the wounds, after all the damage is done. Lol.

<Grimes01>

Back