Anything other than Rory/Lawler and Lombard/Hendricks...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
...at WW next is completely stupid. These are the only two matchups that make sense at this moment.

Hendricks/Lawler for the third time in about a year does not interest me whatsoever.

Contenders like Rory and Lombard knocking each other off is stupid.

Lombard being a 37 year old contender and nearing the end of his prime, fighting Josh Burkman is beyond stupid.

But whatever, it's on now and we'll have to sit through it like we did with Cormier/Cummins and Jones/Sonnen.

But when Lombard wins, as he most likely will, he should get Hendricks. The loser falls out of contention and the winner gets the next shot.

In the meantime have Rory/Lawler... you wanna give rematches for razor close fights, well it doesn't get much closer than their first fight, and at least it's been a while since then so it's more interesting.

Oh, and let's not forget the meaningless little fact that Rory is actually the most deserving contender at the moment, dominating 8 of his last 9 opponents, with the only loss being a split decision to the champ.

Come on, I honestly dont get UFC's logic here.

agreed! anything really just not hendricks vs lawler 3

Really has me scratchin my head. Sometimes their matchmaking seems atrocious. I don't fancy myself a marketing genius but I think they have a real issue establishing new "stars". That is why tournaments are good, and that is why having new people in the spotlight fighting in main events at the top level is good.

There is no reason they should have the same fight 3 times in a row. New challenges are more exciting for everyone, especially the fans who Dana claims to listen to. Rematches happen too often in the UFC and it's not for lack of competition anymore. Just stupid.

Have they actually announced Lawler Hendricks III or did they just announce that Rory isn't getting the shot he was promised by Dana?

Fuck man. No one wants to see Hendricks Lawler III not even the fighters, not even Rory, Dana and Joe wtf are you thinking. This is going to be a terrible setup for WW.

...at ww next is completely stupid. These are the only two matchups that make sense at this moment.

Hendricks/lawler for the third time in about a year does not interest me whatsoever.

Contenders like rory and lombard knocking each other off is stupid.

Lombard being a 37 year old contender and nearing the end of his prime, fighting josh burkman is beyond stupid.

But whatever, it's on now and we'll have to sit through it like we did with cormier/cummins and jones/sonnen.

But when lombard wins, as he most likely will, he should get hendricks. The loser falls out of contention and the winner gets the next shot.

In the meantime have rory/lawler... You wanna give rematches for razor close fights, well it doesn't get much closer than their first fight, and at least it's been a while since then so it's more interesting.

Oh, and let's not forget the meaningless little fact that rory is actually the most deserving contender at the moment, dominating 8 of his last 9 opponents, with the only loss being a split decision to the champ.

Come on, i honestly dont get ufc's logic here.

yeah!

Yup, UFC will say lets do Robbie vs Johnny 3 times, let the only 2 contenders knock each other off, and then have Robbie vs Johnny 2 or 3 more times before letting the Lombard/Mcdonald winner take 3 cracks at the title.

Rory or Lombard for the title shot makes the most sense, seeing as virtually nobody wants a 3rd Lawler-Hendricks fight.

Woodley seems to be the forgotten man here.

...at WW next is completely stupid. These are the only two matchups that make sense at this moment.

Hendricks/Lawler for the third time in about a year does not interest me whatsoever.

Contenders like Rory and Lombard knocking each other off is stupid.

Lombard being a 37 year old contender and nearing the end of his prime, fighting Josh Burkman is beyond stupid.

But whatever, it's on now and we'll have to sit through it like we did with Cormier/Cummins and Jones/Sonnen.

But when Lombard wins, as he most likely will, he should get Hendricks. The loser falls out of contention and the winner gets the next shot.

In the meantime have Rory/Lawler... you wanna give rematches for razor close fights, well it doesn't get much closer than their first fight, and at least it's been a while since then so it's more interesting.

Oh, and let's not forget the meaningless little fact that Rory is actually the most deserving contender at the moment, dominating 8 of his last 9 opponents, with the only loss being a split decision to the champ.

Come on, I honestly dont get UFC's logic here.

I agree its to the point the UFC is cutting the nose off their own face to be stupid....did they not think this out at all? Are they that obsessed by these "rematches".....every mma forum is saying the same thing......between 80-90% of fans don't want this fight!

Lawler vs Hendricks III will be another close match. So expect another rematch straight after.

Lawler vs Hendricks IV. Coming soon.

Rory or Lombard for the title shot makes the most sense, seeing as virtually nobody wants a 3rd Lawler-Hendricks fight.

He's too busy ducking Lombard to complain about title shots.

Well, now that Saffidene (sp?) is hurt, if Hector can make it through Burkman without any injuries, they could possibly set him up against Matt Brown at whatever event he was supposed to scrap with Tarec. That would be a high profile main event that wouldn't risk knocking off Rory as a contender.

The way the UFC wastes Lombard is just mind boggling to me. He's no spring chicken. He needs to get the limelight NOW before it's too late.

Losing to Rory and ducking Lombard will do that to a man.

Back