Anything more obnoxious than listening to someone brag about wealth?

trblesome1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have noticed more and more Conor's mind has shifted to nothing but money. He isn't bragging about being a better fighter than guys he is bragging about making a bunch more money than they do. Floyd has always been similar in this way and I can't stand it

It is the reason i mainly stopped listening to most hip hop as well, I don't need to buy a cd to hear a guy brag for 16 songs about how much richer he is than me.

Hope Conor doesn't become completely blinded by it because I can't be the only person this type of bragging turns off

All I heard here was

images

Sounds like bitterness.

Do you think a rich guy would find it obnoxious? He probably wouldn't care.

Jealous bums can't stand it though.

Conor is in this game to get rich and get the fuck out. Always been this way. Isnt that what this whole game is about? Its prize fighting...

Why wouldn't he brag about accomplishing exactly what he set out to do?

There are countless more obnoxious things. Not even in my top 10.

200_s.gif

Yes, not having money is more obnoxious.

People talking about money is one thing. Not having it is much more annoying.

Source: I want more money than I have.

it'd be obnoxious if conor inherited the money, like that retard dan bilzarian. conor actually earned all that money only due to himself. i'd be yelling that from the street tops as well

I have noticed more and more Conor's mind has shifted to nothing but money. He isn't bragging about being a better fighter than guys he is bragging about making a bunch more money than they do. Floyd has always been similar in this way and I can't stand it

It is the reason i mainly stopped listening to most hip hop as well, I don't need to buy a cd to hear a guy brag for 16 songs about how much richer he is than me.

Hope Conor doesn't become completely blinded by it because I can't be the only person this type of bragging turns off
he was a pluber and got rich. those aren't daddy money and i respect him

meh. this is the personna he created for the UFC, and it made him that rich. If he'd be a humble guy, he would still be poor, and probably would not have gotten a title shot yet...

So blame this on Zuffa. If they would promote based on skills rather than being obnoxious, he would probably not behave or talk like this.

Actually, blame on the culture that allowed that to happened.

Sounds like bitterness.

Do you think a rich guy would find it obnoxious? He probably wouldn't care.

Jealous bums can't stand it though.

Conor is in this game to get rich and get the fuck out. Always been this way. Isnt that what this whole game is about? Its prize fighting...

Why wouldn't he brag about accomplishing exactly what he set out to do?

For him it's about money and yes he should be proud if he can make his money and get out quickly.

For many guys (especially older generation) it wasn't about "prize fighting" and money only. They didn't make much money. It was about either showing their martial art was better than others. It was about proving to themselves that they could handle the pressure. It was about honor and respect.

But it is annoying when rich people brag. Actually what's most annoying is when rich people bitch about how much taxes they pay or they complain about stupid shit like the color of the new Jaguar they wanted wouldn't be ready for 2 months.

Yes, it is annoying. And you don't have to be poor to think so. I admire fighters for their fighting skill. If I cared about their bank accounts, I'd be following the forbes wealthiest list, not mma.

Money doesnt matter,only the lack of it.

Well with hip hop, its just part of the culture. I laugh knowing the majority of them will go broke in a few years.

I agree that with Conor it is annoying when he goes overboard with the "numbers" shenanigans. There's nothing wrong with showing off on your Instagram and Facebook about what you bought or can afford. But do we really need to hear you brag about it at press conferences and interviews? Fans care about your fights not your fancy Louis Vuitton manbag. He didnt need to go the "numbers" route to gain popularity. He was doing just fine before that.

Hearing people complain about how poor they are is much worse obviously...

Read the title and 1st thought was rap music.

Nie ma litoooości dla biedaków...

It's pretty common for poor people who suddenly get some money. But don't compare Conor to PBF.

Conor is a wannabe, he is trying to copy this "look at my cars, success, etc." marketing strategy from Floyd. The only difference is that one of them owns it for real, the other one (i'm 99% sure of this) rents all his cars to create rich boy image.

personally I find people who constantly belittle and look down on others because they deem them less intelligent way more obnoxious

Back