Anyone with a brain cell had it 3-1 Reyes going into the 5th, making a Jones decision impossible

Honestly, how many times have you seen challengers lose title fights by giving away the 5th round? I thought Reyes most likely had the first 3 in the bag, and I realise that he was understandably tired, but he blew it.

There's no way to justify Jones winning any of the first 3 rounds. Reyes landed harder, & more. No takedowns in those rounds either. It was A VERY easy fight to score, each round. Yet not 1 judge got it right. Sick.

Screenshot_20200209-052507.png

Nah, you have to take the belt from the champ. It really could’ve gone either way, TS is just emotional.

Reyes looked great round one. Two and three were closer rounds than most are remembering. Four and five leaned Jones. It was a close fight and the champion is going to get the nod in a close fight. The world isn’t fair.

There's no way to justify Jones winning any of the first 3 rounds. Reyes landed harder, & more. No takedowns in those rounds either. It was A VERY easy fight to score, each round. Yet not 1 judge got it right. Sick.

View attachment 725103
I gave it to Reyes 3-2 but if like the judges you gave Reyes the 2nd there's at least some argument to be made with the short lived takedowns but in what world was that judge who gave Jones the 3rd living in? Guy's jizzing about octagon control and flat out ignoring everything else. Considering how shit he was the rest of the card I'm going to assume he's just incompetent not corrupt.

Scroll up a bit and read my last reply, although given what appears to be your current level of reading comprehension, I'm not sure if that will help.
Except that the striking wasn't equal numbnuts. Your current level of looking comprehension is subpar bro.

Dom should have exerted less in the earlier rounds leaving himself more in the champ rounds. But had he done that he would not have clearly dominated the early rounds..

Jones’ 2-3 takedowns had a major impact on the judges. After all, it’s M.M.A., not a striking competition.

That, and the fact that Jones presses the action rounds 2-5, left no choice for the judges, but to leave The King on his throne.

I think it's just hard for judges to award a challenger for edging out an undefeated champion. It's not fair, but when Jones got his title he beat Shogun and left no doubters. Reyes could work on more cardio and being more efficient.

Watching it live, I scored 2 for Jones. While Reyes did land more, I thought Jones won more consistent minutes of that round while the majority of Reyes' strikes happened in quick blitzes.

That being said, I completely understand why people had the first 3 for Reyes. He definitely fought his ass off and I was a bit worried for Jones that he'd lose the decision. I'll probably rewatch later and change my mind tbh.
This. The round up for debate is #2 in my opinion. When watching it live I had a slight advantage to Reyes but my immediate thought was that the judges probably saw that closer and will give to Jones. 1, 3, 4 and 5 are all clear as day, even after rewatching today.

I personally had it 48-47 Reyes but knew it could go either way. 49-46 Jones is verging into retarded territory though. It was a 48-47 fight no matter how you slice it.

All of you who had it otherwise, stop commenting, stop talking, stop posting.

You aren't bad people, you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Valid statement. You argue like my family. "Only dumb people will argue with..."

Then if someone argues with you, you already put it in other peoples minds that only dumb ppl do.

So well played and i salute!

Except that the striking wasn't equal numbnuts. Your current level of looking comprehension is subpar bro.
HOLY FUCK, I SAID THE STRIKING DIDN'T APPEAR EQUAL YOU STUPID FUCK, I WAS EVEN AWARE OF METRIC STATS THAT SUGGEST THAT. You actually can't fucking read, jesus that is sad. Either English is your second language or you are actually a dumb fuck.

edit: That's honestly the one thing I hate about this site, there are too many stupid fucking people on here. But if you go to reddit you have to deal with a shit layout and a format that isn't suitable for proper discussion and you have people pandering for upvotes. But at least the average ability to reason and read is a lot higher, geez.

HOLY FUCK, I SAID THE STRIKING DIDN'T APPEAR EQUAL YOU STUPID FUCK, I WAS EVEN AWARE OF METRIC STATS THAT SUGGEST THAT. You actually can't fucking read, jesus that is sad. Either English is your second language or you are actually a dumb fuck.

edit: That's honestly the one thing I hate about this site, there are too many stupid fucking people on here. But if you go to reddit you have to deal with a shit layout and a format that isn't suitable for proper discussion and you have people pandering for upvotes. But at least the average ability to reason and read is a lot higher, geez.
Argue all you want but the striking wasn't equal. Reyes won the striking in the first 3 rounds. Forward pressure don't mean shit when you getting pieced up.

You should be a judge for Texas Athletic Commission. You’re obviously over qualified.

Argue all you want but the striking wasn't equal. Reyes won the striking in the first 3 rounds. Forward pressure don't mean shit when you getting pieced up.
lol So you aren't going to admit to being wrong because you misread my comment? That is more pathetic than how dumb I thought you were. In the case that you really are just dumb I will try to put it as simple as possible. I am not saying the striking was equal, you can't even quote me saying that once, I said IF the judges perceived the striking as equal ONLY then can they move on to octagon control as a measure of determining who won the round. AGAIN, this was not my opinion on who won the fight, only my opinion on why the judges COULD HAVE scored the second round to Jones. BTW, I DISAGREE WITH THAT DECISION, if it was the case that they judged in that manner. I honestly can't put it any simpler, jesus.

Here is the winner:

i

and here is the loser:

4233039.png

I felt like it was a really close fight after the first 3 and then reyes gassed or decided to coast the last 2. Whatever it was it looked bad for him. I dont think the decision was a robbery and could've gone either way. Does it really matter anyway? Just run it back

prime Gus was such a beast

Pretty much the only fighter who beat the shit out of prime Jones.

Anyone scoring it in favour of Jones is out of touch with the fucking world, especially MMA

Back