Anyone with a brain cell had it 3-1 Reyes going into the 5th, making a Jones decision impossible

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by rodn86, Feb 9, 2020.

1. rodn86

rodn86 Blue Belt

All of you who had it otherwise, stop commenting, stop talking, stop posting.

You aren't bad people, you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

2. Blank7

Blank7 Green Belt

No, I gave round 2 to Jones. I mean wtf, IF I'm using my own personal scoring system, I give it Reyes. But I know the judges are given a criteria to base their judgments on. I think that is the biggest difference here, people that are using their own personal system and coming to a conclusion versus people that know how judges are likely to score based on the criteria they follow. Reyes walks out of round 2 with more strikes landed, but Jones was walking him down the entire time. I was in a live chat as this fight was going on and I said the judges would give Jones that round even though Reyes won it from MY perspective.

3. Zakenkashish

Zakenkashish Yellow Belt

ya i think jones lost this one, but ill have to watch the fight again when i have the time.

4. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

It's not impossible to give Jones the decision, but the gymnastics you have to use to get there, make anyone making a case for it just straight up wrong.

5. Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat Silver Belt

Yes they are.

6. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP ^Korean Chef Kevin Lee, NOT Fighter Kevin Lee

It's the Sticky Belt Advantage, dude. The world is not a fair place. Move on.

7. DLX

DLX thpinal

Enjoying my athleticism and explosiveness
    Watching it live, I scored 2 for Jones. While Reyes did land more, I thought Jones won more consistent minutes of that round while the majority of Reyes' strikes happened in quick blitzes.

That being said, I completely understand why people had the first 3 for Reyes. He definitely fought his ass off and I was a bit worried for Jones that he'd lose the decision. I'll probably rewatch later and change my mind tbh.

8. SteveColdStone

SteveColdStone UNFUCKWITTABLE

ONABENCHHIGHEATINGCHICKENWINGSANDFRENCHFRIES
    Walking him down doesn’t mean much. With the new criteria, it’s effectively worthless. With the old criteria, which was being used tonight, where pressure means a bit more, Jones’ forward pressure still doesn’t constitute winning the second round imo.

Volador and Hannibal Lector like this.
  9. krelianx

krelianx Gold Belt

Agreed. And I picked Jones.

Doughie99 and FlowchartRog like this.
  10. KootenayKid

KootenayKid Brown Belt

Jones pulled it out in the champ rounds. Experience clearly played it’s part imo.

11. Hotei

Hotei Brown Belt

Yeah but you count the rounds and it's still 1-2-3 for Reyes.

12. Blank7

Blank7 Green Belt

Yes, that is your opinion and it is also mines, but clearly not the opinion of the judges beholden to a criteria to base their judgment off of. So before seeing the card, and knowing the judges were more likely to score it for Jones, I knew it was going to be based on "octagon control", a criteria that dated and probably wasn't even being applied correctly.

13. SteveColdStone

SteveColdStone UNFUCKWITTABLE

ONABENCHHIGHEATINGCHICKENWINGSANDFRENCHFRIES
    Yeah I knew they would score it for Jones

14. KootenayKid

KootenayKid Brown Belt

2 was close from what I remember.

15. Blank7

Blank7 Green Belt

Yeah and I'm pretty sure it wasn't applicable in that situation, I have to watch the fight again though. I know judges don't have fight metric on their side but octagon control only comes into play if striking "appears" to be equal, I don't remember it appearing that way.

SteveColdStone likes this.
  16. Congo66

Congo66 Red Belt

Indeed and there's no crossing out on the judges cards but for some reason two of them had scored round 2 for Jones and two of them also scored round 3 for Jones.
    So it wasn't even R1 and R3 Reyes and R2, R4 and R5 Jones. The only round that all 3 judges scored for Reyes was round 1. Going into the 'championship rounds' it was 29-28, 29-28, 28-29 Reyes.

17. kickpuncher

kickpuncher Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Walking down an opponent doesn't take priority over actual strikes. Reyes land more strikes in rounds 1-3, and really dictated the pace, regardless if Jon walking forward. You act like a zombie can go in there and plod forward and not land any strikes and can win the match because of his forward pressure. Fuckin retarded.

18. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

exactly.

jones kept moving forward and kept getting hit. that doesn't mean he's winning the round, for fuck's sake.

Regal Boy, Molo, BooBoyMan and 4 others like this.
  19. kickpuncher

kickpuncher Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Everyone knew the judges were scoring it for Jon when the UFC was showing highlights of the fight and they were like 95% of Jon landing strikes. The fix was already in.

20. Blank7

Blank7 Green Belt

Scroll up a bit and read my last reply, although given what appears to be your current level of reading comprehension, I'm not sure if that will help.