anyone who thinks Jan is an easy fight then watch Gus fight

Gus got wiped out by Rumble in his backyard.
How does that make him overrated? It was Rumble's thing at LHW to get first round KO/TKO's.
It happened to Lil Nog, Bader and Teixiera as well. The only one who survived (and by doing so broke Rumble's confidence) was DC iirc.

I'm not saying Jan is some world beater for going the distance with Gus, but you can't ignore the power in Jan's strikes, which makes him a tough fighter.
He is pretty slow though, so in that sense should Adesanya definitely be able to control the fight.

Gus's defense has always been quite questionable though, not sure this really answers the question of whether Jan can get land on Israel or not.

Swedish Darren Till (kinda)
Meh. I'd say he still holds a lot more value for his performances against Glover, DC and Jones(1st one). Till's only good performance that impressed was his loss to Whittaker. Idk if he deserves his ranking, #4 seems a bit high to me. Hopefully he proves that he deserves his ranking in his fight against Marvin Vettori.

Jan is legit and he has chances to win ( anything can happen in mma) but the speed and technical difference is too much for me to overlook. Imo Israel will take it.

Anyone who thinks Jan is an easy fight then watch this and have your beliefs confirmed -

FelineFaithfulIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

ShorttermWarlikeBluefish-size_restricted.gif

a short fat WW wrestler was going toe to toe with Adesanya.

Gus is easily one of the most overrated figthers (classic swedish hype) in UFC history. The best fight in his entire career was literally a loss.
I'd say his best fight was that clinic he put on Glover.

Gus was a pretty good Grappler which is a credit to his work with Phil Davis during that time

Prime Gus had great TD's and TDD, but he was mediocre on the ground on top. Jan just can't do anything from his back like most LHW's. Luckily he doesn't need to worry about that vs Issy.

Jan's has awkward striking and sometimes those are harder to defend than a very technical striking.

Izzy's coach has even acknowledged it. He has very off beat timing and rhythm. And because he is very heavy handed that can be very dangerous when he hits you and you don't see it coming

Gus is easily one of the most overrated figthers (classic swedish hype) in UFC history. The best fight in his entire career was literally a loss.
He literally proved himself almost even with the 2 greatest lhw’s of all time.....the idea you can’t demonstrate how high a level you fight in a loss is absurd. Johnny Hendricks best performance was in a loss too...

Back