Anyone watching "The Librarians"?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by JAEGERX, Jan 19, 2015.

1. JAEGERX

JAEGERX victorus aut mortis Platinum Member

I catched this show last week coming home from work, they were showing a couple of episodes back to back and i found it a bit silly but gave it shot and i understood why it seems silly, now i kind of dig it and i think its worth it to gave it a shot

[​IMG]

2. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Rebecca Romijn is still beatiful and can get it , so can Night Bitch er..... Lindy Booth , but other than that it's not a good show

3. prsoulja398

prsoulja398 Orange Belt

i love this show. Its not epic by any standards and i could understand why someone would say it sucks, but i saw this from the beginning when it was a movie and i cant help but keep watching

4. JAEGERX

yeah i know exactly what you mean lol, but i like it alot now, hopefully has a long run

5. DoctorTaco

DoctorTaco Breadhead

Constantly: [​IMG]

6. Stranger Come Knocking

Stranger Come Knocking Red Belt

I enjoy campy shows. Liked Warehouse 13. This show seems right up my alley. Should I watch the movies first?

7. Guestx

Guestx Guest

Never heard of it but it sounds like something I could get into it. I'm gonna check it out.

EDIT: Just realized this is based on those movies with Noah Wyle. Hmm. . . Those movies were truly terrible (and I wanted to like them). I'll check out a few eps nonetheless but this new information is troubling.

8. prsoulja398

prsoulja398 Orange Belt

Yeah watch the movies first, theyre alot better but overall the entire product is a fun watch. I watch to simply enjoy the quirky adventure of the librarian.

9. prsoulja398

prsoulja398 Orange Belt

aww man sorry to hear that, if you hated the movies i think youre going to hate the tv show.

10. prsoulja398

prsoulja398 Orange Belt

everyone should be watching this show. EVERYONE. Its community, go watch it now

11. JAEGERX

the series is better than the movies imo, even tho i liked them too, im a simple man that loves books, magic and adventures

12. Cyke_out

Cyke_out Brown Belt

I enjoyed leverage and the same people are doing this show so I'm sure I'll like it, once I get some time to watch it.

13. no fat chicks

no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

was great, but fell off in the later seasons

14. lordsai

lordsai Purple Belt

yes i love this show hope it comes back for season 2

15. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Didn't really leave a good first impression on me:

16. Guestx

Guestx Guest

The Indy series and The Mummy (the first movie, not so much the sequels) are among my favorite films. I also really liked the first National Treasure, so adventure movies are right up my alley.

A few years ago I was really craving some similar movies and I remembered that there was this Librarian series with Noah Wyle so I thought I'd give it a shot. I still remember sitting down to watch the first one. It started out okay, but it ended up just being WAY too campy and low-budget for me. One of the biggest problems was that I just COULDN'T get over how they were very clearly not on location and were shooting this thing on some sound stage somewhere. The breaking point was this scene on a rope bridge that employed some of the worst green screen I'd ever seen.

But like I said, generally speaking I do enjoy these sorts of stories so I'll give the series a shot and hope I have a different reaction to it.

17. JAEGERX

I like National Treasure: Book of the President, i love to kick back and enjoy that movie, i may be becoming some sort of hipster but the cheap CGI just adds to the show, like its our own Dr. Who of a million years ago with a turned over trash can as the villain and i get the vibe that that the actors are really having a good time i dont know, just liked it.

18. MyIQ is Biscuit

MyIQ is Biscuit Banned Banned

i love this show. a lot like leverage but different enough to be fresh. It's a fun show, and it's well-written. Major potential.

And I love Lindy Booth. Cute as can be, and funny. They upgraded that blonde chick's quirky character from Leverage. Lindy looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt's cute sister to me.

19. DoctorTaco

DoctorTaco Breadhead

books!!!