anyone watch ESPN today?

Yeah, because the way one works their way to the the belt in professional boxing is comparable to the way one works their way to an Olympic medal.

You two can't be serious. Did you ever wonder why most champion boxers have a shitload of wins and no losses, whereas even the best Olympic athletes have plenty of losses in their respective sports on their records? Do I need to spell it out? Ok, I will. Olympic sports aren't polluted with managers that cherry-pick cans to showcase their athletes. That's what boxing managers do. If you had a manager with enough clout, even you two could have 20-0 records in professional boxing. On the other hand, no manager in the world is going to make you two relevant at any Olympic sport.

Judo is a global sport where the best compete against the best. Boxing is a fractured sport filled with shysters looking to pad records in order to sell fights. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this.

You are trying to compare the depth of the niche sport of womens judo at whatever weight Ronda competed at to the heavyweight boxing championship of the world in the 1980s-90s. Why do I keep biting at your troll bait, maybe I refuse believe a shit for brains such as what you display to be on here actually exists. You can'ttruly be a fan of combat sports since 2005 and not know this unless you have always been a couch competitor your whole life without ever actually having to compete at any sport ever. Ronda could have at least won the gold for fucks sake you hack.

You are trying to compare the depth of the niche sport of womens judo at whatever weight Ronda competed at to the heavyweight boxing championship of the world in the 1980s-90s. Why do I keep biting at your troll bait, maybe I refuse believe a shit for brains such as what you display to be on here actually exists. You can'ttruly be a fan of combat sports since 2005 and not know this unless you have always been a couch competitor your whole life without ever actually having to compete at any sport ever. Ronda could have at least won the gold for fucks sake you hack.

That's funny considering you're the one trying to downplay the difficulty of winning a medal in the Olympics. Hate away, pal. Just realize you didn't at all refute my argument. The depth of a weight class in boxing doesn't mean dick because, as I already said, it's a fractured sport. The best aren't forced to fight the best as they are in many other sports because fights are put together by businessmen looking to build a guy up. If you don't see how you saying "HW was deeper than women's judo" is a non-sequitur to the reality of the way boxing is set up, well then, there's no point arguing with you. You'll just continue to miss the point, then get in a huff and accuse anyone that dares defy you as a troll, keyboard warrior, etc. :rolleyes:

Is there any opponent of Ronda's other rhan Cat who is a mom, much less a mom with kids old enough to be in soccer? I don't get this constant "soccer mom" thing. WMMA is undoubtedly still developing and the division is thin but many of these girls have a decade or more combined experience.

Back