anyone watch ESPN today?

people will start turning on ronda if they keep overhyping her. She is absolutely dominant, but womens mma is still young and evolving. Shes ahead of the game and great for the sport. But the fans cringe when they hear her call out men and the talks about how she would beat men etc...

She is more dominant but its against librarian chicks and soccer moms vs the heavyweight men who outsized Tyson each time he stepped in the ring so the comparison is unnecessary and cringe inducing.

You are wrong. Ronda`s opponents are the best woman BW fighters of the world, each of them with years of professional MMA experience. Ronda is beating elite opponents.

people will start turning on ronda if they keep overhyping her. She is absolutely dominant, but womens mma is still young and evolving. Shes ahead of the game and great for the sport. But the fans cringe when they hear her call out men and the talks about how she would beat men etc...

Yeah over saturation will do that. That's how all fads are killed off.

She is more dominant but its against librarian chicks and soccer moms vs the heavyweight men who outsized Tyson each time he stepped in the ring so the comparison is unnecessary and cringe inducing.

While it's true the guys were bigger than Tyson, his first 15-20 fights were against guys who would lose 9 out of 10 bar room brawls. Very few boxers have a single decent fight in their first 20-30 fights as pros because they have to pad their record.

Big fish in small pond. More of an aquarium, really. But winning's winning, I guess. Except for openly ducking the one viable opponent who would have a good shot at beating her, over a 5lb difference.

giphy.gif

While it's true the guys were bigger than Tyson, his first 15-20 fights were against guys who would lose 9 out of 10 bar room brawls. Very few boxers have a single decent fight in their first 20-30 fights as pros because they have to pad their record.

Don't forget Mike Tyson was champ at 19 years old.

As far as being impressive in a combat sport sure but Tyson was like no other outside the ring as well.

I'm sadly confused on why people would:

find out what sherdog is
create an account
post plenty of times
just to hate on UFC / MMA and hope it dies

like...why be here?

That's cute. Ronda was an Olympic medalist at 21.

Number 3 out of the 20 women in the world that practiced Judo in the world at her weight. Mike Tyson champion of the most prestigious sports title in the world at the time at the record breaking age of 19. Back in troll mode I see, too bad I actually like your posts when you're being serious.

You forgot accountant, Bethe was one 4 years ago. Your point is good but it's lost on casuals. The narrative has been set: Ronda is the Tyson of our era. A few of us on Sherdog know better.
The truth is, She is more like Royce than Mike. A dynamic fighter with a style and talent that the field of competitors isn't prepared for. Her years of training gives her a huge advantage in a sport most of these ladies have just recently entered at a high level.

Pretty much this.

Number 3 out of the 20 women in the world that practiced Judo in the world at her weight. Mike Tyson champion of the most prestigious sports title in the world at the time at the record breaking age of 19. Back in troll mode I see, too bad I actually like your posts when you're being serious.

Mike was wearing the gold while she was sporting the bronze. Try again.

Yeah, because the way one works their way to the the belt in professional boxing is comparable to the way one works their way to an Olympic medal.

You two can't be serious. Did you ever wonder why most champion boxers have a shitload of wins and no losses, whereas even the best Olympic athletes have plenty of losses in their respective sports on their records? Do I need to spell it out? Ok, I will. Olympic sports aren't polluted with managers that cherry-pick cans to showcase their athletes. That's what boxing managers do. If you had a manager with enough clout, even you two could have 20-0 records in professional boxing. On the other hand, no manager in the world is going to make you two relevant at any Olympic sport.

Judo is a global sport where the best compete against the best. Boxing is a fractured sport filled with shysters looking to pad records in order to sell fights. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this.

I saw an arm wrestling league on espn earlier.....

Back