Anyone visited Chernobyl?

cmw43

Bad Boys Club
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm going to Kiev in the Ukraine in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking about doing the Chernobyl day tour, anyone else been on it? Is it worth doing?

Kiev
cityscape-kiev-ukraine.adapt.1900.1.jpg

Chernobyl Tour
Ferris-Wheel-Chernobyl-Geiger-Counter_.jpg

I've never personally done it, but I have a co-worker that did one about 15 years ago and his camera never worked correctly after that. I assume it was from the radiation. It looks like an awesome trip. You should definitely do it! Post photos and stay away from any graphite on the ground ;)

No and you shouldn't either tbh.

No living thing should.

I did it now I can shoot lasers from my eyes

and by lasers I mean I bleed from my eyes sometimes

See if you can get a close up shot of the elephant's foot.

its worth doing it once

cool video of guys sneaking into chernobyl

that being said there are better things to do in kiev like ukrainian women, if you are a normal american guy they will like you

Definitely go and bring back some souvenirs for your friends

Watch the full episode on YouTube. You can see the safety restrictions.

I'm going to Kiev in the Ukraine in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking about doing the Chernobyl day tour, anyone else been on it? Is it worth doing?

Kiev
cityscape-kiev-ukraine.adapt.1900.1.jpg

Chernobyl Tour
Ferris-Wheel-Chernobyl-Geiger-Counter_.jpg

That meter only goes up to 0.61 Roentgen though. The better dosimeter is buried in the rubble, and the other one failed when we tried to turn it on.

Why not. I have been to Ukraine and Belarus a lot.

Ps, visit Lviv for a day - much more beautiful than Kiev imo

No and you shouldn't either tbh. No living thing should.
Trees and wildlife is thriving at and near Chernobyl. You have people living not too far from the reactor. They chose not to leave and were on the opposite side of where the wind carried the radiation. The new metal dome is working great.

I’ll be going in a few months. My wife’s aunt works at Chernobyl.

Yes Kiev is outstanding. Did the trip in October. And it's incredibly cheap. You can get beers for 25-30p (UK) and food similar.

Chernobyl was good. The drive to and from were tough but it's worth the experience. Soloeast do good tours.

As some have mentioned, there's long youtube videos of people sneaking into Chernobyl.

its worth doing it once

cool video of guys sneaking into chernobyl

I watched every minute of this and it's amazing, you can respect what he did after you've visited. He also goes over the steps the tour guides take you.

I'd also recommend staying near independence square. Hotel Ukraine is amazing if you get a good view.

I may post my Chernobyl pics sometime.

Only thing I'd say negatively towards Ukraine / Kiev was the people didn't seem to want to give tourists the time of day. No fucker knew English either.

I've never personally done it, but I have a co-worker that did one about 15 years ago and his camera never worked correctly after that. I assume it was from the radiation. It looks like an awesome trip. You should definitely do it! Post photos and stay away from any graphite on the ground ;)
obv more info needed to form a serious conclusion but immediately....if the radiation did affect his camera like that....I would have serious qualms about hanging out around that place lol....no matter what they claim is the safe level of radiation exposure this year((changes from time to time))

Trees and wildlife is thriving at and near Chernobyl. You have people living not too far from the reactor. They chose not to leave and were on the opposite side of where the wind carried the radiation. The new metal dome is working great.
Still seems a bit silly to search it out man regardless. It's just dangerous for no reason

Haven't been there since I blew it up with that righteous fart.

I would like to go

and return as radioactive man

Back