anyone use rugby headgear for rolling

snakeybizz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
prd3f81ec88-75c5-4463-ba94-6b3e39599558.jpg

being in the UK all the wrestling gear has inflated prices...so I look for alternatives...right now I use Venum Wind but they are way too bulky..I've used em for about a year and I always get complaints off partners from it hurting them and if I get in a guillotine its game over I'm not getting out

I want the cliff keen signatures but too expensive to ship over here...so next best thing would be rugby headgear... I could use it for stand up sparring to

aside from looking homosexual...what would be wrong with it?

I think it's fine, just make sure you also wear pilot's goggles and a scarf. Have to complete your look

Heaps of people at my gym use these. Nothing wrong with it and looks ok.

Heaps of people at my gym use these. Nothing wrong with it and looks ok.

I'm the only one in the gym who wears any kind of ear protectors when rolling or sparring and I get a lot of abuse. for not being "man" enough etc. lol :rolleyes:

I wear ear muffs when my cauliflower starts hurting. I don't care what anyone says.

Go for it, I don't think it looks weird (I've thought about doing this in the past but a CK headgear is only $30 here).

If you have ear issues, definitely take care of them! I've been fortunate enough that I rarely have to break out the headgear!

Back