Anyone Use How to fight now vids?

Is this guy still putting out videos? I haven't heard or seen of new ones.

have you been lurking this whole time? haha...love that video on the street, btw.

Nah... I just searched "how to fight now" on google for some reason and saw this topic, obviously drawing my interest. And thanks... that was a fun couple of days, I've been trying to think of more ideas like that... I think I have another one.

what a cute and friendly guy. nice. i understand what u mean about pressure to perform. i can also understand that u love it a lot but the pressure is to much when uve got other things going on. good for u that u made a site.

The aggression of my youth is fading... friendliness is taking over I guess. Fighting was highly destructive for me. I wanted to be prepared for everything, and I trained until my body fell apart. I remember having turf toe in both big toes, my thigh was kicked out from stand-up sparring, fuckin' ear filling with blood and I would still be deranged enough to be jumping rope at midnight instead of listening to the pleas of my girl asking me to spend time with her.

It mattered enough at the time... but my sleep is just so nice and deep now :)

I still submit that I can kick some serious ass... and I'm always down for some friendly sparring if anyone wants to try this ol' broke down trainer on a new video ;-)

if you click on my name in the left of the post, there is a link to my website on boxing technique, you may find some advanced stuff there

just checked out your site, read the mike tyson articles and i gotta say man, thats some good stuff. I'm a shorter guy and i never thought of coming in at that angle with the jab to land it without getting stiff-armed, the only thing i would do is jab to the lead shoulder, so now i got something new to try out in sparring. thanks man, good site

Probably nothing you couldn't learn anywhere else online. You'd likely get better advice from Sinister.

Boxing is basic shit. What is "advanced" to you anyway? The shoulder roll? Everything in boxing is basic. No one is reinventing the wheel or teaching you anything new.

Also if it's that guy who utilized his awesome head movement on a bunch of clumsy untrained oafs and still got clocked, his head movement sucked anyway. It was spazzy and excessive. The only reason people thought it looked good, is because most people don't know shit about boxing. In comparison to people who don't know their left from right foot, anything looks good. Also the last time i checked, the guy was an MMA fighter. That's like wanting to learn how to defend a double leg takedown from a boxer. Maybe he can give you the gist of it, but it's probably not the best person to learn it from.

But if you change your mind you can buy his 'Head Movement Training Program' for the low price of only 97 dollars!

http://howtofightnow.com/head-movement-training-program/

You're basic. Boxing is infinite.

The aggression of my youth is fading... friendliness is taking over I guess. Fighting was highly destructive for me. I wanted to be prepared for everything, and I trained until my body fell apart. I remember having turf toe in both big toes, my thigh was kicked out from stand-up sparring, fuckin' ear filling with blood and I would still be deranged enough to be jumping rope at midnight instead of listening to the pleas of my girl asking me to spend time with her.

All of the things you mentioned prior to "listening to... my girl" was probably the reason you had one.

Where do you operate out of? Looks like the U.S.

If you're not 220 and are somewhere where I may end up I'd be happy to work with you some day.
...since your head movement "sucks" :rolleyes:

You're basic. Boxing is infinite.

All of the things you mentioned prior to "listening to... my girl" was probably the reason you had one.

Where do you operate out of? Looks like the U.S.

If you're not 220 and are somewhere where I may end up I'd be happy to work with you some day.
...since your head movement "sucks" :rolleyes:

That's how cults are formed. That or strange stalker-ish relationships.

Lol @ expertboxing.

When I was a complete beginner, I was just trying to get as advanced as I could in a short time while still doing everything very much correct. When I came across their channel, I was like, blown away at the stupidity these guys pull out.

Have you seen their shoulder roll video? That's where I just pulled the plug and said I could beat these guys myself.

Terrible channel.

People are strange... when looked at a certain way, most non-grappling arts could be considered "basic", but only because people seem to dumb them down to the most obvious levels.

Boxing proponents are clearly missing kicks, knees, elbows, etc.

Guys who are overly enthusiastic about Muay Thai seem to forget everything they've been taught about angles and head movement because they're so concerned about bludgeoning people with their tibias...

You can make any style seem simple if you look at it this way.

Every martial art is incomplete as a stand-alone... it's up to us to put together the correct pieces which make something "advanced" enough for that guy's approval.

People are strange... when looked at a certain way, most non-grappling arts could be considered "basic", but only because people seem to dumb them down to the most obvious levels.

Boxing proponents are clearly missing kicks, knees, elbows, etc.

Guys who are overly enthusiastic about Muay Thai seem to forget everything they've been taught about angles and head movement because they're so concerned about bludgeoning people with their tibias...

You can make any style seem simple if you look at it this way.

Every martial art is incomplete as a stand-alone... it's up to us to put together the correct pieces which make something "advanced" enough for that guy's approval.

I like bludgeoning people with my tibias though (among other things).

I'd like to consider myself more than just a Muay Thai practitioner at some point but I need to focus on my base art before adding more shit to the mix.

that's part of the issue i see with some MMA fighters...they're so well rounded these days that there is no base that stands out/to fall back on.

Fightsmart, the whole headmovement thing for 90 dollars just reeks of Mcdojo, though i can't comment on your grappling.

I feel it would lend more credibility if you were in with a high level boxer, hands down, using your head movement system and seeing if he doesn't knock you back and forth around the ring. If you did this and didn't get hit, i'd buy a copy myself. That or having one of your students who you've trained with your head movement program demonstrating it in competition.

Instead, the proof and foundation of your program is you clowning a bunch of dudes off the street who don't know how to throw a punch and probably couldn't hit the side of a barn. It's akin to how traveling circuses would have a ring entertainer take on a bunch of schmucks with a hand tied behind his back. Then you have people in the crowd (apizur) staring wide eyed in amazement, clapping their hands like trained seals, waving their wallets above their heads.

The video is entertaining but all it says is "It probably won't work against a fighter who knows his shit.. but Hey! It will maybe work on a bunch of doofuses on the street!" If that's what you're peddling, then i guess that's fine. But if you're really pushing the fact that this will really teach people how to be excellent fighters, street or competition-wise, just by paying money and watching videos, then i'd say otherwise.

For boxing, the best coach online is JT Van V IMHO: https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleVVV3

Unlike Johnny at expertboxing who is kind of sloppy in his technical demonstrations and doesn't always give good advice, JT is tight in his technique and gives good practical advice... for free. Hell, even my boxing coaches tell me to go see some of his videos.

Back