Anyone use a reflex bag?

If you're talking about the one that sits on the ground and moves around on a spring...yes I have one and use it.

It seems sturdy enough for now. Though it's designed for targeting and reflex so you're not intended to hit it full power anyway. For me, I use it to practice hitting and moving. It's not fast enough for combinations in it's long-swaying state, one punch will send it flying and out of range for follow up punches. So you're best best for that is to punch it once, move or circle, practice upper body movements like swaying, rolling, ducking, rolling, slipping, etc. Then hit is again, and do the same.

What I do like about it, is the shape of the target, the density of target, and the ability to hit it at different angles more realistically, and that if you punch it incorrectly with the wrong knuckles or without being at the proper alignment it will let you know.

yeah i ordered one from titlemma it works real good but it broke from the original stand and i mounted it on my bench there was a perfect slot for it ... its a hell of a workout if u get into it

It would be awesome if someone could do an instruction drills video for one. I've never seen a reflex bag at a gym.

They're good if you're working solo and want to practice bobbing.

Sully has a thread around here in which he uses it to train knees, elbows, punches, and high kicks. I know he's a fan of this bag, not just as a replacement for the double end, but as a unique tool in its own right.

Love the double end bag.
On top of reflex, it helped me develop arm endurence.
Seems like before I could kick all day but would gass punching.

Primarily I want to do bobbing and weaving drills. There doesn't appear to be any instructionals on it.

I think it helps for heavier guys or at least not guys who are fast. I return mine.

Love the double end bag.
On top of reflex, it helped me develop arm endurence.
Seems like before I could kick all day but would gass punching.

Sadly, I've got the opposite problem. I gas like a mofo when I kick hard and often.

I think it helps for heavier guys or at least not guys who are fast. I return mine.

How do you mean? Because it moves more slowly than a DE bag?

Sadly, I've got the opposite problem. I gas like a mofo when I kick hard and often.

How do you mean? Because it moves more slowly than a DE bag?

I can't speak for everyone but my experience with it was a waste of time and money. The best way for me to explain it is I'm a fast guy and this tool wasn't very helpful to my improvement. I recommend other tools one can buy for improvement because eventually it will get too easy.

You can buy the higher tier version of the cheap one *cough,everlast,cough*, which is cheaper than the Cobra and it has spring at bottom and top, and both can be set to fixed positions.

It's a cool little instrument for the price, but eventually as Stykerx said, you will get good at it and possible motivation to use it may fade. it still will remain a decent little workout and the double spring one can be tough to time correctly no matter how good you get (The movement of the "bag" is always erratic). Like D.R.H. and others have said, it's best used for training movement and timing.

It would be awesome if someone could do an instruction drills video for one. I've never seen a reflex bag at a gym.

choose some basic combos that involves stepping/movement, bobbing & swaying, and go to work. It's that simple. If you incorporate knees, even better because the bag trajectory makes for some good landing.

for slipping and weaving, I prefer having a coach try to hit me with those foam sticks, like in this video...

theyre harmless, so your free to fuck up and sharpen your reflexes at your own pace... its pretty fun too... I prefer this to the reflex bag (mostly because its too short on my gym so I cant really use it lol)

btw Ive seen Marquez do this with his trainer warming up for a fight too..

:icon_idea

I've thought about making my own using this:

for slipping and weaving, I prefer having a coach try to hit me with those foam sticks, like in this video...

theyre harmless, so your free to f*ck up and sharpen your reflexes at your own pace... its pretty fun too... I prefer this to the reflex bag (mostly because its too short on my gym so I cant really use it lol)

btw Ive seen Marquez do this with his trainer warming up for a fight too..

Hilarious.... :icon_lol:

Answer to T query: NO....

TheKarateStylist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back