Anyone use a dedicated mp3 player anymore?

I have a 16G phone and it constantly says I am using all my memory although there is quite literally nothing on it. So,Yes, still use a 3rd generation Ipod touch, 32G.

128G and it only has what you want "most of the time?"

biden_wtf2.gif

What kind of musical connoisseur are you?
He knows what he's doing. I feel the exact same way and have the same issue. If I like an artist, I download their discography (most of the time). I also seek out new bands constantly. I like a very wide range of genres and love hearing something different every single time I get in the car. I try to make my ipod the biggest best radio station I can. And I know when I listen to local radio I hate how I hear the same song every single day. I got around 15 new albums this past weekend just based off one thign I listened to on youtube the other day.

got an old 2gb ipod

stores around 450ish songs

perfect for the gym

Gotcha. No, it's cool, thanks. I figured you meant something like this.

All my music was on my PC for Windows Media Player and Zune. It was about 80-85 gigs. When I got an iPod, I transferred it all over to iTunes but it expanded everything basically double. I didn't want to reload all those songs, lol so I just left it. Maybe one day, but idk haha.

Idk if I could tell the difference. Probably not, but I do wish some stuff was "louder" (mostly older CDs).
That's what you'll find with higher quality songs. They will def be louder and crisper and you'll hear details you didn't hear before. Loudness is one of the main issues. I play my 320 songs around 16 volume notches on my cars head unit. If it's a lower quality file I have to turn it up to 20-22. Just test out some songs at 192 vs 320. Right click on one and see what quality it is and if 192 (and they can be lower) go get the 320 version and compare.

When I come across one of those songs I usually skip to the next track and get a better version when I get home. I've been working on my collection for a long long time and didn't start out with the best files.

Anyone recommend anything larger than the 160gb Ipod classic? Mines got 500mb left so i'm gonna need something that holds more soon.

I got one i use when im on my bike or going running. Its good for the roadwork because it lighter and smaller then my Phone.

Anyone recommend anything larger than the 160gb Ipod classic? Mines got 500mb left so i'm gonna need something that holds more soon.

If you want to go with a phone, the Sony Xperia Z5 has 32gb onboard storage, and can support up to 200GB MicroSD cards.

It's also waterproof and dustproof, has a 4K display, and has one of the best cameras on a phone out there.

I'm due for an upgrade and have credit for a device on my account, and it's the phone I'm getting. I have the Xperia Z1 which came out a few years ago, and it's been an awesome phone. It's also waterproof, and it works. I've used it in the rain countless times, taken pictures underwater on vacation, etc.

Also, it's not an overly big phone, and is pretty light at 180 grams.

If you want to go with a phone, the Sony Xperia Z5 has 32gb onboard storage, and can support up to 200GB MicroSD cards.

It's also waterproof and dustproof, has a 4K display, and has one of the best cameras on a phone out there.

I'm due for an upgrade and have credit for a device on my account, and it's the phone I'm getting. I have the Xperia Z1 which came out a few years ago, and it's been an awesome phone. It's also waterproof, and it works. I've used it in the rain countless times, taken pictures underwater on vacation, etc.

Thanks for your reply, but i'm more after a standalone player

Had my 160gb IPOD since like 2011 or 2010, I have only about 50 GB of music on it, but I love it. It's on its last legs though, 30% of the screen is damaged and unreadable and the battery doesn't last week's like it used to.
I don't want to get an iPod touch. What's the point if i already have a modern smartphone? I think the battery would suck too.

Any alternative to iPod? I don't have any other apple products other than this, and now they don't make classic ipod anymore I need something similar. Preferably I will be able to get my music from iTunes somehow in the right format.

Should have bought more iPods at the time, but I was broke

Thanks for your reply, but i'm more after a standalone player

I haven't seen anything over the 160GB Ipod models, but I haven't really been in the market for one for years now.

I was looking at one of the most expensive MP3 players I've ever seen the other day, the The Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 ($1200 CDN), and it only comes with 128GB.

To listen to 160GB of music would take days/weeks. I know it's nice to have everything accessible away from home all the time, but if you took time to dig through iTunes, there's probably songs/albums you haven't listened to. If you don't want to clean it out, you'll probably just need to see if you can find another 160GB Ipod Classic, or get one of the new 128GB models that are $499 CDN, and at that price you might as well spend the extra couple hundred bucks and get the Sony phone I mentioned. Even at 32 + 200GB that's not going to take long to fill up from the 160GB of material you have now if you just download a bunch more discographies, but cramming 128-200GB+ into devices that small is crazy. I doubt there's anything out there on the market that holds more than that - if there is it's probably crazy expensive.

I haven't seen anything over the 160GB Ipod models, but I haven't really been in the market for one for years now.

I was looking at one of the most expensive MP3 players I've ever seen the other day, the The Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 ($1200 CDN), and it only comes with 128GB.

To listen to 160GB of music would take days/weeks. I know it's nice to have everything accessible away from home all the time, but if you took time to dig through iTunes, there's probably songs/albums you haven't listened to. If you don't want to clean it out, you'll probably just need to see if you can find another 160GB Ipod Classic, or get one of the new 128GB models that are $499 CDN, and at that price you might as well spend the extra couple hundred bucks and get the Sony phone I mentioned. Even at 32 + 200GB that's not going to take long to fill up from the 160GB of material you have now if you just download a bunch more discographies, but cramming 128-200GB+ into devices that small is crazy. I doubt there's anything out there on the market that holds more than that - if there is it's probably crazy expensive.

According to my ipod i have 93 days worth of music on there.

Those phones over here to buy are £499-600 non contract plus i already have an exisiting contract at the minute, whereas most places don't sell the 160gb ipod anymore. Used they are around £200 but would rather have something new.

Just a shame really because its lasted me a good 8 years or so.

Ya I think your only options are the 128GB touch (new) or finding a used 160GB classic. I personally wouldn't buy a used one online (Ebay), but if you can find one on a site like craigslist at least you can check it out in person beforehand. Even then you really won't know what type of battery life it's getting until you've owned/used it for a few days.

No, I use my phone for that stuff, mainly for the reason that it supports TTS engines which let me listen to epub books while training.

Anyone elses iPod freeze all the time? If so have you solved the problem? It likes to do it when I'm driving.

I use an iPod. My phone's old and if I used it for music, the battery'd die within 5 minutes.

Had my 160gb IPOD since like 2011 or 2010, I have only about 50 GB of music on it, but I love it. It's on its last legs though, 30% of the screen is damaged and unreadable and the battery doesn't last week's like it used to.
I don't want to get an iPod touch. What's the point if i already have a modern smartphone? I think the battery would suck too.

Any alternative to iPod? I don't have any other apple products other than this, and now they don't make classic ipod anymore I need something similar. Preferably I will be able to get my music from iTunes somehow in the right format.

Should have bought more iPods at the time, but I was broke

You could just get those things repaired and get a new battery for it if you really wanted to.

Anyone elses iPod freeze all the time? If so have you solved the problem? It likes to do it when I'm driving.

Not all the time, but it always seems to happen at the WORST times, lol. Just takes a minute or so to reboot (holing down and middle at the same time, I think).

Yeah that's all you do. I've restored mine a billion times hoping it would stop the freezing.

For all those with massive libraries, we can replace the hard drive with a compact extreme 256gb drive. I might try it if I ever get my tax return.

Back