Anyone use a dedicated mp3 player anymore?

Zune HD owner here. It's slim and light so I don't mind carrying it around. I hardly even notice it to be honest.

I'd likely still be using my OG Zune if the screen didn't crap out on me a few years ago.

I don't even have an I-Pod, I actually have one of those cheap mp3 players that's about 10yrs old or a bit less. It works fine. I'm not the most tech-savvy for a start and 99% of my music nowadays has been downloaded, no chance I'm buying all the albums I want on I-Tunes.

I've had numerous iPods/iPhones over the years and don't think I've ever bought an album from iTunes.

I have a fiio x3 player and listen to flac files mainly. They are marketed as having audiophile quality sound and when i first heard it i was blown away! I love it.

My iPod is 180 gb. All the music I own is on it. I have almost 18k songs, only 12 gb left free. Compatible with my car, plugs into the USB port and I can control everything from the stereo console as I drive.

4 gb one the size of a thumb drive. Don't want to carry a bulky phone while working out.

Yes. (Sansa Clip Zip)

Love that it is so light and small. And that it has physical buttons and microSD :)

Creative mp3 player was best player I had. Still have 20 GB ipod. Creative sounded much better than ipod. My walkman cassete player sounded better tham mp3. Mp3 format sucks.

There is nothing worse than the two fucking low battery alerts (20% then 10% ffs) or a call right in the middle of a song when you're lifting.

That and the inverse proportionality between phone size (larger) and ipod size (nano is smaller). Who wants to workout or run with an ipad mini in their pocket?

Edit: streaming youtube can be just as bad if the DL speed/buffer is too sl..

Hey man, you happy Ghost won a Grammy?
Yeah I was surprised because Cirice is a pretty amazing song start to finish but the academy never gets it "right". I mean look at the "rock " category. Too bad they didn't air the acceptance, it would have been interesting to see the reaction of those in attendance.

Who wants to lug a phone around the gym? For me the iPod nano is perfect because it's small, has more storage space than my phone, has a built-in clip, and integrates with iTunes which is how I manage podcasts.

Yeah I was surprised because Cirice is a pretty amazing song start to finish but the academy never gets it "right". I mean look at the "rock " category. Too bad they didn't air the acceptance, it would have been interesting to see the reaction of those in attendance.
Yeah, Metal especially has never really been understood by the mainstream. Just look at the 1992 grammy's.

This is why I'd almost prefer if they didn't even bother with the Metal category and just let Golden Gods take care of it.

My iPod is 180 gb. All the music I own is on it. I have almost 18k songs, only 12 gb left free. Compatible with my car, plugs into the USB port and I can control everything from the stereo console as I drive.
You have low quality files.

Expand on that, maybe?
yeah sure. I'm basing this on how many songs you said you have on yours vs. how much space you have left (12gb). I personally have a few more songs on my ipod of the same size but have zero space left. The way I get my music the file qualities range from 192kilobytes per second of music to 320kbps. There are other ways to measure it/other quality standards, but this is what I use. I only download 320Kbps music. I'm making up numbers here, but let's say we have a 3:00 song. The 192k version of this would be 3megabytes (just guessing) and the 320k version would be 8mb, which obviously takes up more space. The albums I download are all over 90mb and go up to close to 200mb. That takes up a ton of space.

I personally can tell the difference between a 192k and 320k. 256k doesn't sound bad but I prefer 320k. There are songs out there that claim 320 but they still sound "off" and that's because someone upscaled them to 320 from a lower bitrate. I used to hear that 192k was CD quality but idk. Idk what that would make 320k. I also download a lot of FLAC files and convert them to 320k. Flac files are gigantic but they are the premium audio file.

If you already knew all this and are happy with the way yours sounds, I apologize. I'm not trying to be a douche. A lot of people can't tell a difference.

I have the 128GB ipod touch, which doesn't hold all of the music on my computer, but it's fine most of the time for what I want to hear.

128G and it only has what you want "most of the time?"

biden_wtf2.gif

What kind of musical connoisseur are you?

yeah sure.

Gotcha. No, it's cool, thanks. I figured you meant something like this.

All my music was on my PC for Windows Media Player and Zune. It was about 80-85 gigs. When I got an iPod, I transferred it all over to iTunes but it expanded everything basically double. I didn't want to reload all those songs, lol so I just left it. Maybe one day, but idk haha.

Idk if I could tell the difference. Probably not, but I do wish some stuff was "louder" (mostly older CDs).

128G and it only has what you want "most of the time?"

biden_wtf2.gif

What kind of musical connoisseur are you?
Heheh. I just mean most of the time it's fine, but sometimes I'll be out somewhere, like ooh I wanna hear that one random song/piece... ah damn it's on the laptop. Rarely, and definitely a 1st world problem I can live with. Plus I can usually youtube it on my phone if I wanna hear it bad enough

I do, I mostly use .wav files and hd audio files, and I want actual sound quality and ease of use.

Back