anyone try completely cutting out sugar

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I've been giving this a go for the past 3 days. I'm not trying a strict diet or trying to lose weight, in fact I'm trying to gain weight. But for the past few years my sugar intake has gotten insane. I'm constantly grabbing sugary snacks to satisfy my hunger in stead of eating real food. I'm pretty sure many days I would consume 1000g of sugar if not more, easily.

So I'm cutting it out for the benefits of eating better overall, lowering inflammation, protecting my teeth, and hopefully avoiding health issues down the line.

still eat like shit as far as greasy food and a ton of carbs is concerned. but one thing at a time.

its honestly not as hard as I anticipated. I'll crave getting a few candy bars and have to stop myself, and then think "shit, guess I'll eat some actual food in stead"

also my appetite since starting this has been UNREAL. I've been eating more in a single day than I would eat in 2-3 days combined, since starting this. I'm able to put away way more real food.

Just to give an example of how much sugar I was taking in, I had a habit of every 2 or 3 days going to a local candy store and spending around $20 on candy. A ton of chocolate, huge containers of cotton candy, pounds of pure sugar rock-candy, etc. and I would eat it all before the day was over.

I did a candida diet once. Fuck knows why, it was years ago.

I try to keep my sugar intake only in my daily capuccino. I'm doing it for weight loss purposes mainly though as I have around 20 pounds I need to work off

I lost nearly ten pounds without even trying after cutting soda out and drinking water instead.
The idea of a cold Coke on a hot day was heavenly... now it seems undrinkabley sugary and syrupy to me

Gimmick diets. Fruits all full of sugar.

Walk or run at least one hour a day
Eat 7-10 servings fresh fruit and vegetables
Don’t eat any fast food or packaged food.

I don't have a sweet tooth at all. I never eat sugar.

I lost nearly ten pounds without even trying after cutting soda out and drinking water instead.
The idea of a cold Coke on a hot day was heavenly... now it seems undrinkabley sugary and syrupy to me
Once i stopped drinking soda i realized how its really the opposite of satisfying. Its pure syrup. I used to love the shit

Never been a fan of sweet stuff like chocolate or cake. I like to put some sugar on my tea though.

I'm eating more sugar than ever

Once i stopped drinking soda i realized how its really the opposite of satisfying. Its pure syrup. I used to love the shit
I was drinking way too much of it and cutting soda out is a diet on its own.
I really didn't even try to lose the weight, just found it out at my GP, they said "You're ten pounds lighter than the last time you were in" which almost bothered me because I'm not overweight at all.

I was drinking way too much of it and cutting soda out is a diet on its own.
I really didn't even try to lose the weight, just found it out at my GP, they said "You're ten pounds lighter than the last time you were in" which almost bothered me because I'm not overweight at all.
Its the easiest way to lose bellyfat if you have any. Its crazy how the pounds melt away without effort

Sugar is for kids. I might have a slice of cheesecake once a month but that's it

I cut sugar and carbs when I was in fight camp. Made me feel like a god damn super hero

A buddy of mine lost like 15 pounds just from cutting out coffee with 2 sugars and 2 creams. It was over the course of a couple of a couple of months but still.

Just to give an example of how much sugar I was taking in, I had a habit of every 2 or 3 days going to a local candy store and spending around $20 on candy. A ton of chocolate, huge containers of cotton candy, pounds of pure sugar rock-candy, etc. and I would eat it all before the day was over.

I love chocolate as well man (candy, not men) so to satisfy my chocolate fix (again candy, not men) I started buying 85-90% dark chocolate since it only has about 5g of sugar per serving and the cool thing is that a full serving is a hell of a lot of chocolate. It's super rich when you buy it that dark so you can't really eat a ton of it. Only takes a little bit to satisfy your appetite. I'm probably only taking in about 2.5g of sugar per snack which is a nice sacrifice.

I did it for a year and substituted a 6 day 3 hour workout in it's place. If it wasn't for the exercise it wouldn't have been possible.

I love chocolate as well man (candy, not men) so to satisfy my chocolate fix (again candy, not men) I started buying 85-90% dark chocolate since it only has about 5g of sugar per serving and the cool thing is that a full serving is a hell of a lot of chocolate. It's super rich when you buy it that dark so you can't really eat a ton of it. Only takes a little bit to satisfy your appetite. I'm probably only taking in about 2.5g of sugar per snack which is a nice sacrifice.
I find dark chocolate absolutely repulsive :(

Back