anyone tried dark matter?

jcurl

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hey all, just started using dark matter supplement, and ive heard a lot of hype behind it, but i wasnt sure what anyone thought of it other than reading reviews which were probably written by people who were paid off. its too early for me to see any real difference yet, other than having some "green matter" the day after i lift due to the dye in dark matter lol

yeah but id still like to know if anyone thought it was any good... i mean if i got ripped off, fuck it, ill eat the $25, but if its good stuff ill keep getting it. the people here seem like they know their shit, so i wanted to get their opinion.

If it really worked much better than other supplements, would they have to make up things like:

Dark Matter is the first and only supplement to employ a new technology called Precision Nutrient Infusion, which allows for this synergistic anabolic reaction to occur at the Anabolic Axis.

Really? Right at the Anabolic Axis? Synergistically?

These supplement companies are getting more and more creative with their products' names.

I got some free samples from work not too long ago. Didn't notice anything special.

if i got ripped off, fuck it, ill eat the $25, but if its good stuff ill keep getting it.

You probably would get better results if you just ate the $25.

I dont waste my money on supplements. I get all i need out of the food i eat.

hmm... anyone else actually tried it tho, other than the free samples guy? or anyone know enough that if they looked at the ingredients they could tell me if its worthwhile or not?
sorry, not trying to be a dick, id just like to know, and if youre just speculating that doesnt really help me much

hmm... anyone else actually tried it tho, other than the free samples guy? or anyone know enough that if they looked at the ingredients they could tell me if its worthwhile or not?
sorry, not trying to be a dick, id just like to know, and if youre just speculating that doesnt really help me much

Yes, I looked at the ingredients. All it is is sugar, creatine, and some amino acids. You could take some creatine MH, drink some gatorade, and have a protein shake for a lot less money.

Post them and find out.

I have never masturbated with a cheese grater, but I can speculate that it would be an unpleasant experience.

The marketing message for the product doesn't even make sense.

Does it "work"? Sure. It's protein, sugar, and creatine. How could it NOT work as a recovery drink? It's almost certainly better than NOT taking anything post workout. It's probably better than taking any of the ingredients individually.

Is it some miracle scientific breakthrough? No. It's protein, sugar, and creatine.

If you have it, use it. If you like it, buy it again. Even if you can get a couple people on Sherdog to chime in and say "Hey, I used it, it worked great", that's completely unhelpful unless they are comparing it to something with some kind of meaningful control variables.

There's way too much sugar and way too many calories in this product for my liking. I'm not really familiar with waxy maize starch and what the benefits or drawbacks are, but personally...I'd be looking for something else.

There's way too much sugar and way too many calories in this product for my liking. I'm not really familiar with waxy maize starch and what the benefits or drawbacks are, but personally...I'd be looking for something else.

arent post workout supplements supposed to have calories? and usually its ok to have some sugar after working out to refill your glycogen stores

arent post workout supplements supposed to have calories? and usually its ok to have some sugar after working out to refill your glycogen stores

It's just my personal choice. I look for products to deliver without all the added sugar. I want my carbs post workout, but since I'm taking a shake then too, I don't want my carb calories to be that high. In my opinion low sugar or no sugar is always better. Sugar causes more problems than it's worth.

Absolutely. That's the whole idea. The question is how much sugar is the right amount. If you are going to have an insulin response to taking sugars, you might as well also throw in some proteins. Do you have the right amount in this drink?

Probably, after all, they claim to have a synergistic anabolic reaction right at the anabolic axis. How can you go wrong if you are right at the scientifically well understood anabolic axis itself?

The point of this is that there are LOTS of options for post-workout drinks. Dark Matter probably isn't a bad choice over the others in its class, but you need to recognize that you are paying for its marketing, not its content.

One of you needs a new belt color.

I thought the same damn guy was posting responses to his own questions. At least one of them is going to have to step things up a bit.

This is an epic post:

Scientist: We're putting corn in it for the carbs.
Marketing guy: Corn? I can't sell fucking corn. Can you at least call it something fancy?
Scientist: Well, I guess you could call it "Maize" to make it sound fancier...
Marketing guy: Ok. Great. But what do we do to make it sound like a breakthrough?
Scientist: It's not a breakthrough. It's corn. It's a low viscosity high molecular weight osmotic waxt starch. It's boring as hell. How do we make that sound like a breakthrough?
Marketing guy: Leave that to us. Now, how does the starch get into the bloodstream?
Scientist: Well, it's molecular dispersion, but it's not like that's a great marketing gimmic or anything. I mean, it's pretty much how anything gets from your stomach to your bloodstream.
Marketing guy: There is a reason I'm paid twice what you are.

You have to take it for 9 weeks.

On the 9th week, my bench went from 785 (where it had been languishing after I had used the last miracle supplement) to an impressive 1042 lbs. My dick went from 14 to 23inches. Wide. It did not really improve my speed, but I am now able to recover quickly enough to do my 20 minute, 5 mile runs 4 times a day instead of the usual 2.

So all in all, some benefits, but you have to use it a while. And when you stop, you lose all your gains. After I was off it a week, my bench went back down to 785. My dick stayed the same size though, so it was worth it.

Back