1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

anyone tried dark matter?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by jcurl, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jcurl

jcurl Orange Belt

hey all, just started using dark matter supplement, and ive heard a lot of hype behind it, but i wasnt sure what anyone thought of it other than reading reviews which were probably written by people who were paid off. its too early for me to see any real difference yet, other than having some "green matter" the day after i lift due to the dye in dark matter lol

2. jcurl

jcurl Orange Belt

yeah but id still like to know if anyone thought it was any good... i mean if i got ripped off, fuck it, ill eat the $25, but if its good stuff ill keep getting it. the people here seem like they know their shit, so i wanted to get their opinion.

3. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

If it really worked much better than other supplements, would they have to make up things like:

Really? Right at the Anabolic Axis? Synergistically?

4. Origins

Origins Blue Belt

These supplement companies are getting more and more creative with their products' names.

5. Real_Mckenzie

Real_Mckenzie Witty title

I got some free samples from work not too long ago. Didn't notice anything special.

6. chia

chia POWER OF THE GLOW

You probably would get better results if you just ate the $25.

7. Reev

Reev Yellow Belt

I dont waste my money on supplements. I get all i need out of the food i eat.

8. jcurl

jcurl Orange Belt

hmm... anyone else actually tried it tho, other than the free samples guy? or anyone know enough that if they looked at the ingredients they could tell me if its worthwhile or not?
    sorry, not trying to be a dick, id just like to know, and if youre just speculating that doesnt really help me much

9. chia

chia POWER OF THE GLOW

Yes, I looked at the ingredients. All it is is sugar, creatine, and some amino acids. You could take some creatine MH, drink some gatorade, and have a protein shake for a lot less money.

10. IDRISCKY

IDRISCKY Purple Belt

Post them and find out.

11. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

I have never masturbated with a cheese grater, but I can speculate that it would be an unpleasant experience.

The marketing message for the product doesn't even make sense.

Does it "work"? Sure. It's protein, sugar, and creatine. How could it NOT work as a recovery drink? It's almost certainly better than NOT taking anything post workout. It's probably better than taking any of the ingredients individually.

Is it some miracle scientific breakthrough? No. It's protein, sugar, and creatine.

If you have it, use it. If you like it, buy it again. Even if you can get a couple people on Sherdog to chime in and say "Hey, I used it, it worked great", that's completely unhelpful unless they are comparing it to something with some kind of meaningful control variables.

12. jcurl

jcurl Orange Belt

Calories 240
    Calories From Fat 0g
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0g 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 48g 16%
    Sugars 10g

13. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

There's way too much sugar and way too many calories in this product for my liking. I'm not really familiar with waxy maize starch and what the benefits or drawbacks are, but personally...I'd be looking for something else.

14. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

15. jcurl

jcurl Orange Belt

arent post workout supplements supposed to have calories? and usually its ok to have some sugar after working out to refill your glycogen stores

16. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

It's just my personal choice. I look for products to deliver without all the added sugar. I want my carbs post workout, but since I'm taking a shake then too, I don't want my carb calories to be that high. In my opinion low sugar or no sugar is always better. Sugar causes more problems than it's worth.

17. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Absolutely. That's the whole idea. The question is how much sugar is the right amount. If you are going to have an insulin response to taking sugars, you might as well also throw in some proteins. Do you have the right amount in this drink?

Probably, after all, they claim to have a synergistic anabolic reaction right at the anabolic axis. How can you go wrong if you are right at the scientifically well understood anabolic axis itself?

The point of this is that there are LOTS of options for post-workout drinks. Dark Matter probably isn't a bad choice over the others in its class, but you need to recognize that you are paying for its marketing, not its content.

18. IDRISCKY

IDRISCKY Purple Belt

One of you needs a new belt color.

19. oyaji poi

oyaji poi oyaji belt

I thought the same damn guy was posting responses to his own questions. At least one of them is going to have to step things up a bit.

This is an epic post:

20. cooks1

cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

You have to take it for 9 weeks.

On the 9th week, my bench went from 785 (where it had been languishing after I had used the last miracle supplement) to an impressive 1042 lbs. My dick went from 14 to 23inches. Wide. It did not really improve my speed, but I am now able to recover quickly enough to do my 20 minute, 5 mile runs 4 times a day instead of the usual 2.

So all in all, some benefits, but you have to use it a while. And when you stop, you lose all your gains. After I was off it a week, my bench went back down to 785. My dick stayed the same size though, so it was worth it.