Anyone tried bulletproof coffee

Alright. Not trying to spark any arguments here or anything, as each of us has our own bodies that we are more than free to do whatever we believe best with them. But it is to my knowledge that ketosis is really the last thing you'll want when it comes to performance. There are other ways to hit that low body fat % while still maintaining a solid performance. Personally anytime I've attempted such a thing it left me weak, slow, and tired (In comparison to how I felt doing other plans), and well as any weight or fat I lost seemed to come back with a vengeance once I stopped. Felt like it slowed my metabolism too, but I don't know. But at the same time I'm an 18 year old who can't even tell you the last time my body fat shot up past 10%, so perhaps it's just not for me at this stage in my life, but maybe one day will be. But like I said we are all entitled to do what we feel works best.

you would be right if I was doing a full strict ketosis diet but I won't be...I'm eating oatmeal and egg whites right now getting ready to train in an hour then I'l have a big sweet potato when I get back..it's just for the morning when I don't do much

when I was getting ready for my show and was doing low carb 24/7 I gassed out during the warmup in bjj class lol...but yeah I don't care about bodybuilding right now so I don't want to be stage ready or anything...Just sub 10% bf with performance unaffected

you would be right if I was doing a full strict ketosis diet but I won't be...I'm eating oatmeal and egg whites right now getting ready to train in an hour then I'l have a big sweet potato when I get back..it's just for the morning when I don't do much

when I was getting ready for my show and was doing low carb 24/7 I gassed out during the warmup in bjj class lol...but yeah I don't care about bodybuilding right now so I don't want to be stage ready or anything...Just sub 10% bf with performance unaffected

how are you testing whether you're in ketosis? ketostix?

also, there is no full strict ketosis. eating zero carbs is overkill, and although it guarantees ketosis it is not "full ketosis" - it is simply "zero carb". ketosis is a physiological state which can be attained eating a fairly generous carb intake if you game it properly. for me it could be up to around 100 grams of carbs a day. however, big sweet potatoes or oats in one sitting could be haphazard and push you out of keto, which is why i'm asking how you're testing yourself.

So wait, you're body isn't in an actual state of ketosis? But rather you're doing a low carb diet?

To add more to what the above poster said, just to clarify, in ketosis you're body burns fats instead of carbs. Whether that's the best thing for performance is another story. You're going to drop weight like a fucker, but you're performance everywhere will significantly drop, in my opinion. If you're not sending you're body into that state you're really just doing a low-carb diet.

Last edited:
Tried it once, made my guts hurt and I won't go into details about the rest.

both...I am a personal trainer and I compete in mma and bjj... performance and appearance both benefit from reduced body fat to an extent..I don't want to me 3% sliced out my mind...7 - 10 year round is a goal

1. Eating low-carb is likely to have a negative impact on your training/performance.

2. Being 7-10% does not necessitate eating low-carb.

I'll let you put 1 and 2 together.

1. Eating low-carb is likely to have a negative impact on your training/performance.

2. Being 7-10% does not necessitate eating low-carb.

I'll let you put 1 and 2 together.

I am not eating low carb....it's just carb timing ...I am not aiming for ketosis either although I will be in it in the morning up until till my first meal

bulletproof coffee allows me to skip carbs in the morning which serve no purpose since I don't do anything...literally no reason to eat carbs in the morning for me

I eat carbs pre and post training and it has no negative effect on my performance that way, only positive in my experience

Last edited:
ketosis usually takes about 2 days to come on, at least

you should buy ketostix and see for yourself. you can't just decide to be in it in the morning

ketosis usually takes about 2 days to come on, at least

you should buy ketostix and see for yourself. you can't just decide to be in it in the morning

Yeah even if I'm not in it doesn't matter I'm not going for it...

the idea is carb timing...consume carbs around when I'm active and don't when I'm not which is usually mornings

10 hour sleep
Wake
Bulletproof coffe
4 - 6 hours later eat carbs

so that's about 16 hours I go and I usually get that metallic taste that comes with ketosis at this point... I have never measured it or anything though

but I like the idea of using bulletproof coffee as a tool to avoid carbs in the morning whilst having mental clarity and energy which I do not get with other no carb breakfasts

I watched Joe Rogan's podcast after he had already had Dave Asprey on there and he was convinced that Asprey was full of nonsense on a lot of the stuff he had previously said on Joe's show.

What about Caveman Coffee? Is it good?

Back