Anyone tried bulletproof coffee

snakeybizz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Currently 4 hours into trying it for the first time for breakfast...and I'm doing okay...had a table spoon of peanut butter just now to keep me going till my pre training meal where I will introduce carbs

Basically the best shape I ever was in physically was with a no carb breakfast...only problem was I was starving after an hour and I could only keep it up for a pre contest mens physique show (I don't bodybuild now) I was ripped and strong but it took some mental strength to wait till I could eat my 2nd meal...so after the show I gave it up.

Now I am coming back to it in the form of bulletproof coffee and I feel decent...anyone else use it?

I didn't buy directly from the source, I got all the ingredients and made it myself

I drink regular black coffee in the morning.

And I cook my eggs in a butter/coconut oil blend.

All the benefits, none of the gimmick. I suppose.

I experimented with it (the recipe I mean; decent coffee, butter, MCT oil). The laxative effects were extraordinary.

I drink regular black coffee in the morning.

And I cook my eggs in a butter/coconut oil blend.

All the benefits, none of the gimmick. I suppose.

that's basically the same though right? except for you split it up and add protein

I might stick with coffee with the grass fed butter and coconut oil then eat a couple of hard boiled eggs or something..that's still keeping me in ketosis right

I work as a personal trainer and its usually about 3 - 4 hours before I get a break and running just on liquid coffee no matter how many calories I cant see it cutting it tbh...need some solids in my life! lol

my previous breakfast which I referred to in the OP when I was dieting pre contest was scrambled egg white and cottage cheese...I was starving after an hour, but the effects on body composition were amazing

I experimented with it (the recipe I mean; decent coffee, butter, MCT oil). The laxative effects were extraordinary.

yeah I just said bulletproof coffee because everyone knows what that is...I didn't buy anything from the dude who sells it officially because most of his claims are false about the mycotoxins etc... seems to be just an excuse to buy his brand and I'm not falling for it although credit were credit is due..the man can market

basically I did a table spoon decent brand ground coffee in the coffee machine
a table spoon of organic grass fed butter (might add more)
a table spoon of coconut oil (might add more)

big fan of bulletproof coffee but i dont buy it from asprey

big fan of bulletproof coffee but i dont buy it from asprey

do you you have it every morning? how long does it keep you going for and how much of each ingredient do you use? tablespoon, teaspoon etc

yes, eggs and bulletproof coffee is about as keto a breakfast as you can get

i used to drink bulletproof coffee and a protein shake for breakfast a lot on keto. i don't think there's anything magical about it although apparently the fat makes the caffeine steadier or something, and the fat is just more keto energy. i actually like the taste and never got diarrhoea (likely because i was keto adapted).

i'd have a tablespoon of butter and coconut oil

yes, eggs and bulletproof coffee is about as keto a breakfast as you can get

i used to drink bulletproof coffee and a protein shake for breakfast a lot on keto. i don't think there's anything magical about it although apparently the fat makes the caffeine steadier or something, and the fat is just more keto energy. i actually like the taste and never got diarrhoea (likely because i was keto adapted).

i'd have a tablespoon of butter and coconut oil

I felt like the caffeine from the bulletproof coffee wore off at about the same pace as regular coffee...there was no crash or anything but yea I was expecting a prolonged coffee of some sort...taste was amazing, I'l throw in some eggs or peanut butter along with my coffee see if I last longer...the PB is not as keto friendly as the eggs though

I felt like the caffeine from the bulletproof coffee wore off at about the same pace as regular coffee...there was no crash or anything but yea I was expecting a prolonged coffee of some sort...taste was amazing, I'l throw in some eggs or peanut butter along with my coffee see if I last longer...the PB is not as keto friendly as the eggs though

nuts are fine on keto, and therefore so is peanut butter

you need to eat some carbs

Whilst we're on the subject of coffee and as you're in England; I can't recommend these guys highly enough. All the coffee I've had from them has been excellent (and the service is good too).

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/

that's basically the same though right? except for you split it up and add protein

I might stick with coffee with the grass fed butter and coconut oil then eat a couple of hard boiled eggs or something..that's still keeping me in ketosis right

I work as a personal trainer and its usually about 3 - 4 hours before I get a break and running just on liquid coffee no matter how many calories I cant see it cutting it tbh...need some solids in my life! lol

my previous breakfast which I referred to in the OP when I was dieting pre contest was scrambled egg white and cottage cheese...I was starving after an hour, but the effects on body composition were amazing

Any reason you want to be in ketosis?

Whilst we're on the subject of coffee and as you're in England; I can't recommend these guys highly enough. All the coffee I've had from them has been excellent (and the service is good too).

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/

nice I will check them out

currently using ground costa coffee from tesco...it's okay for now, but eventually I want to upgrade from the supermarket

To each their own I guess. Do you go for appearance or actual performance?

both...I am a personal trainer and I compete in mma and bjj... performance and appearance both benefit from reduced body fat to an extent..I don't want to me 3% sliced out my mind...7 - 10 year round is a goal

nice I will check them out

currently using ground costa coffee from tesco...it's okay for now, but eventually I want to upgrade from the supermarket

It was actually research off the back of the bulletproof claims that sent me on a bit of a coffee journey. I've always enjoyed quality coffee but an Aeropress, burr grinder and beans bought from independent roasters like Hasbean have taken things to a whole other level.

both...I am a personal trainer and I compete in mma and bjj... performance and appearance both benefit from reduced body fat to an extent..I don't want to me 3% sliced out my mind...7 - 10 year round is a goal

Alright. Not trying to spark any arguments here or anything, as each of us has our own bodies that we are more than free to do whatever we believe best with them. But it is to my knowledge that ketosis is really the last thing you'll want when it comes to performance. There are other ways to hit that low body fat % while still maintaining a solid performance. Personally anytime I've attempted such a thing it left me weak, slow, and tired (In comparison to how I felt doing other plans), and well as any weight or fat I lost seemed to come back with a vengeance once I stopped. Felt like it slowed my metabolism too, but I don't know. But at the same time I'm an 18 year old who can't even tell you the last time my body fat shot up past 10%, so perhaps it's just not for me at this stage in my life, but maybe one day will be. But like I said we are all entitled to do what we feel works best.

i actually came off keto for better performance, but keto is perfectly viable, and i was doing fine training mt 4 times a week. however i experimented getting back on carbs and felt my performance improved, as did max pull up reps and things like that, so kept off it. i did not feel excessively weak or tired at all; in fact, i think people who report those experiences did not really find a successful balance while on keto (i.e. glycogen replenishment first and foremost), or wait to get fully adapted, so essentially got it wrong. in my case, it was just a case of adding something a little extra. i also want to be able to eat more carby things now and then.

Back