Anyone train muay thai everyday?

fad3r

Mandirigma
@Orange
Reaction score
Is it ok to train muay thai everyday without overtraining? If not, what do they do over in Thailand, because it looks like they train everyday in their muay thai camps.

It's generally not "ok" or typical to train 7 days a week. Reserve at least one day for rest. This what they do in Thailand, Finland, Maryland, Yo Momma's Land, etc.

I would train hard 4-5 times a week or even less if u also mix strength and conditioning. I actually see more improvement aafter rest when i finally get 2 days off in between workouts

There's a reason God made man rest at least one day a week.

Learn to understand your body. It may sound Zen-ish, but if you're feeling overly fatigued, then know that's your body giving you the okay to rest. Don't feel guilty or lazy about it: you pushed yourself all week, why destroy your body?

Break it down to build it up. But don't raze it to the ground.

it's ok to train 6 times a week, even twice a day. just get some rest.

How about this:

Monday-Friday: Lift weights in the morning (lower body on M/W, upper body on T/T, everything else on Friday), train muay thai at night
Sat/Sun: Rest

How about this:

Monday-Friday: Lift weights in the morning (lower body on M/W, upper body on T/T, everything else on Friday), train muay thai at night
Sat/Sun: Rest

Nothing wrong with that dude.

Always do different things throughout the week. You never want your body to get the plateau effect.

There's a reason God made man rest at least one day a week.

Learn to understand your body. It may sound Zen-ish, but if you're feeling overly fatigued, then know that's your body giving you the okay to rest. Don't feel guilty or lazy about it: you pushed yourself all week, why destroy your body?

Break it down to build it up. But don't raze it to the ground.

God was made by man. Just like the santa clause

In Thailand they have intense training 6 days a week and rest on sunday. I think 5 days a week is good with a light work out on saturdays, but you should take a week off every 6 months or so.

I'm training in Thailand now.

I train twice a day on Monday and Tuesday. I take Wednesday morning off and train in the afternoon. Then twice a day Thursday and Friday. Take Saturday morning off and train in the afternoon.

I also take a hour nap around noon everyday. I'm 35 years old, so someone who is in their 20's should be fine training twice a day, 6 days a week...

I trained M W F 2x a day... T and TH 1x and sometimes Sat. This was my norm for like 6 months. I am now lethal. But I wasn't as disciplined about my rest and nutrition. To say the least I overtrained and developed siatica. Now I'm in pain everyday and completely stopped trained MT since mid June. The positive is Inlearned the importance of rest and nutrition + all the other little things that may not seem so important like stretching warming up/down properly listening to my trainers a little more. I'm not saying don't train alotmbut if you all those other elements become even more important. I'm about 3-4 weeks away from training full time again and I know it's gonna be even a greater experience with the maturity I've gained from having what I love taken away from me. I wish you luck.

When in Thailand I train twice a day 6days a week bit sleep between training sessions. Near the end of my last trip I would eat after the morning session and then slept for a few hours instead of a small nap.

Is it ok to train muay thai everyday without overtraining? If not, what do they do over in Thailand, because it looks like they train everyday in their muay thai camps.

All depends on what you are doing in those sessions.

You can do pad work and technique work daily, even very light sparring.

But you can't do things that push your body to its limits everyday, or things that leave you "damaged" without having time to properly heal.

"Damage" can be hard sparring, heavy lifting, or anything else that takes a couple days to heal.

Really just comes down to listen to your body though. If you are feeling beat up, take a day off or go easy for while.

You will also find that how much you can do increases as you train. What the top pros are doing is not something most people could do without over training, you need to work up to that, not just jump right into it.

What he said too^^... I sparred Tues boxing, Wed hard spar MT and Fri hard spar MT. Each sparring session was anywhere from 6-12 rds. So it also depends on what your doing during your sessions. Example after a hard sparring session I try to give myself 24 hours before I train again.

6 days a week

lift weights 3 times a week
jogging as many times as i can

sunday = rest day!

train every day. Its gotta be done if u intend to step into the ring and fight

peace

Back