Anyone train in grappling socks?

drabon74

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I keep stubbing my toe and also struggle with getting traction on our gym mats due to sweaty feet. Anyone ever tried any of the grappling socks or booties or whatever they are called? I see some made by Jaco & badboy. Would i be better off just wearing wrestling shoes? I train BJJ 3 x week How much more susceptible do these make you to being leglocked?

you get leglocked a lot at first with wrestling shoes but you also learn good defense real quick

plus there is the added offensive bonus of scuffing your partners face while scrambling or passing

Try getting out of a triangle when an opponent is wearing wrestling shoes. Brutal scratches across your face.

A guy at our gym just wears thick black socks (donk know why), they never seem to be a problem. For some reason I don't think our instructor would allow anyone on the mats with any kind of grappling shoes.

Grappling socks? Never even knew they existed. I just wear ankle supports, as my sweaty feet made holding closed guard difficult.

We had guys wearing wrestling shoes, due to foot injuries. It was awesome for them, they were always protected. It was a risk for pretty much every partner they had, from getting stepped on to getting hit in the face, to scratches on scrambles and escapes, to bruises from spider guard. Bad choice them shoes for BJJ.

Back