Anyone train at Muay Thai Academy in North Hollywood?

Paradigm

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
i was recommended to this place by my boy who trains out of Fairtex SF...was reading on them and it seems like they have some trainers with legit Thai boxing backgrounds. just wanted to see if anyone had any firsthand impressions of the place. did a search earlier, but didnt come up with much on here.

Muay Thai of America

What is the world coming to when people need to look into how legit MTA in N. Hollywood is? It's legit bro.

There are certain things or places that you can read reviews about online and just trust it. A muay thai gym or any martial arts gym review could be good, but its best to go and give it a try yourself.

What is the world coming to when people need to look into how legit MTA in N. Hollywood is? It's legit bro.

im a white belt with white belt questions...

but seriously...what can i expect during my first week of MT training? what is typical for a beginner starting Muay Thai?

I'm not sure about MTA, but a typical muay thai class is like this:

-Light jog
-Jump rope
-Conditioning drills
-Shadow box
-Pad work with partner
-Clinch work
-Abs with a partner hitting your abs

There could be sparring everyday or twice a week that is in the schedule as well. The place I go to is about a 2 hour long class.

-Light jog
-Jump rope
-Conditioning drills
-Shadow box
-Pad work with partner
-Clinch work

There could be sparring everyday or twice a week that is in the schedule as well. The place I go to is about a 2 hour long class.

thanks for the post...at what point does sparring actually occur? and how experienced is someone before they actually start sparring? i think my main concern with all this is breaking my nose, to be honest...

-Light jog
-Jump rope
-Conditioning drills
-Shadow box
-Pad work with partner
-Clinch work

Sounds about right...but not sure about clinching when ur a beginner. I guess it depends what the TS means by "beginner"

thanks for the post...at what point does sparring actually occur? and how experienced is someone before they actually start sparring? i think my main concern with all this is breaking my nose, to be honest...

You spar when you feel comfortable. Try to find a good pad holder. I know its hard and its usually other people training that holds the pads, but have them hit you when you haves are too low or have them throw a light kick after you throw a kick so you get used to checking kicks and not get lazy.

We usually spar the 2nd hour of the class.

Sounds about right...but not sure about clinching when ur a beginner. I guess it depends what the TS means by "beginner"

Clinching is fine for a beginner. Match up with someone on your level and practice breathing and "swimming". It is very important to be relaxed during clinching or you'll gas out quick.

You spar when you feel comfortable. Try to find a good pad holder. I know its hard and its usually other people training that holds the pads, but have them hit you when you haves are too low or have them throw a light kick after you throw a kick so you get used to checking kicks and not get lazy.

We usually spar the 2nd hour of the class.

what do you mean by "sparring" exactly? punching each other in the head lightly? (like boxing sparring?)

Back