Anyone think Mizugaki - Wineland was a poor stoppage?

Sakuraba7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Takeya Mizugaki suffered 2 knockdowns in the fight, but neither time was he knocked out.

The referee stepped in during the second fall, immediately followed by Mizugaki grabbing Wineland's leg but it was too late.

The announcers tried to do damage control saying Mizugaki was "wrestling the referee".... no, that's the referee hugging Mizugaki and literally patting his back in consolation so the cameras don't catch his face looking unphased. Because that was a very premature stoppage in the first round.

I like to see people totally out cold, so... I guess so.
But that's just me

<{JustBleed}>

Yup, it definitely was early. Takeya was hurt but not done.

Side note, what an embarrassment to have 2 guys who've paid their dues like Winelands and Miz so low on the card. Especially when they basically had amateurs figting in the co-main event

Watch till the end.

The scene with the ref not letting him go and patting his back like a baby was after the video cuts off.

Based on that clip alone, I can definitely see how someone would consider that an early stoppage.

imo im glad it was stopped mizu just cant take hits anymore i mean he went from beating rivera to getting koed by dom his chin has failed

Sometimes you have to wonder if some of the refs have money on the outcome through an intermediary

Dominick%2BCruz%2BKnockouts%2BTakeya%2BMizugaki%2BUFC%2B178.gif

z.gif

Considering the stoppages his fights usually gets, it's alright that he was saved from another brutal one in my book.

this one looked pretty early to me, he had a single leg already in place when the ref jumped in...

Considering the stoppages his fights usually gets, it's alright that he was saved from another brutal one in my book.
imo im glad it was stopped mizu just cant take hits anymore i mean he went from beating rivera to getting koed by dom his chin has failed

He hadn't even let go of his leg and the ref was calling for a stop.
Was he sleepwalking at that point, If he's supposed to be knocked out?..

Maybe he would have lost later on, who knows, but this was shitty reffing and a horrible stoppage. Tons of fights would be ended early if we started conflating Knockdowns with Knockouts and stopping the bout.

He wasn't wrestling the ref. Early stoppage, but not egregious. Looked like he was more discombobulated, due to the behind the ear shot, than concussed.

I'm just happy to see Wineland pick up another win. I though his career was finished after he lost to Caraway. Stoppage was fine imo. Wineland hit Campuzano with the same glancing blow only they let Will take more of a beating. I think the same would have happened to Miz if it continued. He looked pretty out of it.

He went limp from the first ground shot after the 2nd knockdown

Watch till the end.

The scene with the ref not letting him go and patting his back like a baby was after the video cuts off.

This is the only footage I've seen. Didn't get to watch the whole fight. But it looks like Eddie probably would have kept wailing on him. The ref maybe could have let it go longer but I don't think it's a terrible one or anything.

Yes,
referees change results of fights much times.

Meanwhile Faber vs BP was treated differently.

The fights need to go on, vide Mitch Gagnon vs Matthew Lopez

Last edited:
Back