Anyone think Max’ chin looked off on Saturday?

What the hell, TS must be trolling. After Saturday night I was left wondering if Max could even be knocked out

How does getting punched in the face for 25 minutes and surviving mean your chin has gone? Honestly sherdog man.

He took all those punches and was never badly hurt, just wobbled several times. I guess that Dustin hits really hard at 155.

He got hit with bombs from a bigger fighter

His chin kept him in the fight....

Fighting at 155 isn’t the same as 145. You’ll get hit much harder at 155. Max is used to fighting at 145.

Max holloway was knocked down once in the fight actually

Shouldn't he have been KO'ed if his chin is "gone?" He looked off because he's not used to that kind of power.

There’s always more to debate. Otherwise every thread could be titled:

“Fighter X def. Fighter Y by unanimous decision. Fighter X is better. Drive home safely.”

I think there have probably been many situations in which Max might have beaten Dustin over the last seven years, but he couldn’t do it at featherweight when he was 20 years old and he couldn’t move up and do it at lightweight last week. They’re both really good, it is what it is.

sorry bud but there's nothing more to debate when my response was specific to the question being presented. That was
"Anyone think Max’ chin looked off on Saturday"
max' chin was not off, he was getting hit by someone who hits harder than him, the shots he absorbed were hurting him, pure and simple...his chin was not off, he's just not use to getting hit that hard that many times.

also dustin had won before and he did it again without ever being in any danger from max, so if you want them to fight 10/10 times then sure max at some point I"m sure could beat dustin, but two fights years apart and dustin won both without being in any real danger during both fights, I'd say dustin is just the better fighter.

Cheryl Cole
giphy.gif
i thought it was melina trump lol !

Max always eats a lot of shots... he could survive it at 145 and make his comebacks with volume while the other guy slows down.

Max has never had good defense. That gameplan isn't going to work at 155... hell, it won't work at 145 forever either. Every granite chin comes with an expiry date.
come to say something like this. Max needs to stop using his melon as a defence and move his friggin head as one day someone will catch that sweet spot and it will be all over. He was very lucky against Dustin

Dustin follows through very heavy on looping shots.

Max has been fighting down at 145. "They hit like flyweights." - Some guy.

If his chin was off he woulda been asleep in the first minute

Back