Anyone think Max’ chin looked off on Saturday?

He couldn’t take a shot the whole fight. Anything that landed would wobble him. Max has always had a chin but now it seems to be gone. Does anyone else think all the stroke like symptoms and bad weight cuts have affected him and his performance on Saturday might be a sign of something going on?
Um, no Dustin finished 155ers much larger guys than Max. Max was in there with a hammer. His chin was ok, just more durable at 145.

He couldn’t take a shot the whole fight. Anything that landed would wobble him. Max has always had a chin but now it seems to be gone. Does anyone else think all the stroke like symptoms and bad weight cuts have affected him and his performance on Saturday might be a sign of something going on?
He rolled with Aldo's shots. He ate Poiriers without rolling with them. Because Poirier was so much closer, and they stood toe to toe (instead of Max moving backward when Aldo struck).

That's the best answer I have for you, albeit not complete. I don't remember all the other shots Holloway ate over the years, but I clearly remember the Aldo fights.

no I think that was his problem

he was blocking too many punches with his chin...

also the guy was fighting at 155 can't blame that shit on the weight cut

Cheryl Cole
giphy.gif
Just scoped her out on WikiFeet...hella nice feet!

Just scoped her out on WikiFeet...hella nice feet!
And I thought I was the only one here that went on that site!!

Kylie Minogue has the goat feet tho of any musician!

Whats wrong with his chin? If memory serves me correct, he went toe to toe for 5 rounds against a guy that was bigger than him. His chin is fine.

Dustin hits hard as fuck, is a big 155er at this point, and he timed Holloway extremely well on most of those shots.

Think about how many people Porier has dropped in recent memory. Halloway ate Porier's best and didn't get dropped once.

He got tagged/staggered/concussed/whatever you want to call it early on. Sometimes you just don’t recover from that. I was shocked at how much his wind recovered between the first and second round. Maybe it would have been a different fight if he didn’t get rocked so early on or maybe not.

And I thought I was the only one here that went on that site!!

Kylie Minogue has the goat feet tho of any musician!
Oh, my! Just checked out Kylie...near perfect! Thanks for the lead!

He got hurt multiple times against Ortega, had to bow out of their fight in July due to a concussion (so had likely been badly hurt, dropped, or KO’d in practice), was hurt multiple times against Aldo, and his defence consists of blocking punches with his face while walking forward.

Frankly I’m surprised he didn’t get KO’d.

Dustin packs a hell of a punch. I was more impressed by how well his chin held up in his first fight against a hard hitting 155er. Max just wouldn't go down and he recovered so quickly. He'd eat it, get wobbled and then kept coming forward

Max did better than Gaethje and Alvarez.

Do you expect him to go to 170 and shake off a right hand from Woodley because 'he has a chin' ?? lmao

I had the opposite impression, he ate some bombs and took it like a champ. But he lost because he took too many on the chin. Dustin was rollin, and covering and countering much better.

he looked slow and soft
the guy has been fighting since he was 18 and has been in wars
plus he had a stroke from too much weight cutting and he will likely cut down to 145 again

another victim of rory mac syndrome

Back