Anyone think Max’ chin looked off on Saturday?

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He couldn’t take a shot the whole fight. Anything that landed would wobble him. Max has always had a chin but now it seems to be gone. Does anyone else think all the stroke like symptoms and bad weight cuts have affected him and his performance on Saturday might be a sign of something going on?

I've never heard of a "chin" having an off night LOL but no, it looked as solid as ever. He was just getting hit by the hardest puncher he's ever faced yet he never fell down.

Perhaps, but I think it is more that Dustin hits hard, most 145ers that Max was used to fighting don't.

Dustin is a better boxer who hits harder

U gon get rockt

I was actually surprised he saw it through

He just got hit more. Getting punched in the face will do that.

If anything it was a testament to his good chin.

First time in there with a legit 155'er who has legit striking and killer instinct.

He looked overwhelmed in that 1st round. His chin in fact was the only thing preventing that fight from getting out of hand.

Yeah, Dusty almost knocked his "chin off"!

As already said, he got hit harder by DP than just about anyone to date..

I've never heard of a "chin" having an off night LOL but no, it looked as solid as ever. He was just getting hit by the hardest puncher he's ever faced yet he never fell down.
Dustin sparked Justin motherflipping Gaethje but couldn't do it to Max.

I'd say his chin's fine.

Young Max is tuff as nails. My heart goes out to him, He took a pretty good beating. I think 6 months off is a great idea.

Is his chin past it's prime?

He might have to start the Overeem chin conditioning program

giphy.gif

Poirier dropped and finished Gaethje and he’s about as tough and durable as they come. Max didn’t even get dropped. His chin was fine as always.

I think his defense looked off. He was getting caught with counter shots, hard counter shots.

No
He wasn’t fighting Manlet or a punching bag
That’s the difference
Poirer is really good

No.

To me, he looked slower and weaker. The chin was .. as it was. Dustin just punches hard.

He survived what Alvarez and Gaethje couldn't. His chin is strong as ever.

Back