Anyone think Dillashaw seems overconfident and maybe taking Cejudo too lightly?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fighters are confident and they have to be, they also aren't gonna come out and say I think it's gonna be a close fight, I think he could whup me. However, it seems to me from TJ's recent interview that he is already looking past Henry which would be a huge mistake.

Anyone think Dillashaw seems overconfident and that he is underestimating Cejudo?

Henry is like a mini chad mendes. I think tj doesnt feel like this is something new.

If what he is saying about his camp is true, this might be the hardest he's trained.

Cejudo looks like he has dwarfism, his head looks ridiculous. TJ won't lose to a fucking bobble head.

Honestly TJ doesn't strike me as the type to underestimate a junior high student, so I doubt it

TJ always has that cocky attitude about him, but with good reason cause he’s really really good. I’ll be surprised if Cejudo beats him.

Are you referring to the recent ESPN interview? I did think that when he referred to Cejudo as a "stepping stone" it seemed a bit dismissive and a comment like that can come back to bite him in the ass, but I seriously doubt he's taking Cejudo lightly.

no, I think it's just sherdog underrating him

The smart money is on TJ for sure but I think Cejudo could surprise. We could easily see a 5 round decision victory for cejudo his wrestling is just that good.

He’s got an algorithm for his brutal weight cut to 125lbs , the fight is just a formality at this point. Upset incoming lol

He always seems overconfident to me so thats nothing new, but he has been doing two things that have been bothering me.

1) he keeps referring to weight divisions in the plural when it doesnt need to be, like 135s, 125s etc. I don't know why he keeps adding an s. It's weird.

2) His smug look he has had lately.
examples

UFC-Cejudo-vs-Dillashaw-Fight-Poster-750.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Cejudo is FIVE FOOT FOUR

you can't underestimate someone of that stature. they can't ride adult rollercoasters

Fighters are confident and they have to be, they also aren't gonna come out and say I think it's gonna be a close fight, I think he could whup me. However, it seems to me from TJ's recent interview that he is already looking past Henry which would be a huge mistake.

Anyone think Dillashaw seems overconfident and that he is underestimating Cejudo?
I think that speaking like he is overconfident and him actually being over-confident are two completely different things.

The same way a fighter can tell on interviews how he respects their opponent, and later you get to know he was partying and barely training....

He always seems overconfident to me so thats nothing new, but he has been doing two things that have been bothering me.

1) he keeps referring to weight divisions in the plural when it doesnt need to be, like 135s, 125s etc. I don't know why he keeps adding an s. It's weird.

2) His smug look he has had lately.
examples

UFC-Cejudo-vs-Dillashaw-Fight-Poster-750.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
That poster looks like it could be Cejudo vs Gaethje

The smart money is on TJ for sure but I think Cejudo could surprise. We could easily see a 5 round decision victory for cejudo his wrestling is just that good.

I hope Dillashaw wins by finish and I expect him too but Cejudo could definitely surprise him.

He definitely is, but so he was coming to that 2nd fight with Cody and we all saw what happened then

He seems the same as he was with neck-tats.

Outside of his weight cut possibly giving some issues, he has every reason to be confident. He brings more weapons to the table than Henry overall, and is from a naturally larger weight class.

I hope Dillashaw wins by finish and I expect him too but Cejudo could definitely surprise him.
I like TJ but I am rooting for Cejudo, TJ hasn't had a sub win in 6 years I could see Cejudo grinding it out.

Sherdog bro scientists at work.

But no, TJ is always laughably cocky. You can say that about every one of his fights. That's just how he is. He performs also on most days.

I think he is confident of winning, but not over confident. TJ has killer KO power, and Cejudo does not. I can't see Cejudo winning this fight ever! Hmmmm, maybe I'm over confident too?

Back