Anyone take Finasteride/Propecia against hair loss

The Finasteride you are taking, the generic name is proscar or propecia and other generic titles and I was trying to establish which one it is you are taking.

but I have to say this is the first case of seeing somebody pay so little for Finasteride that alone causes alarm bells to ring in my opinion.

Used to be 9 bucks, went down to 5.

Its way cheaper to get the 5mg and quarter the pills than the 1mg taken daily.

My friend pays 15 for the 4 month supply, but he gets it at CVS. Either way, dirt cheap.

Don't waste your money with it, I'm not suffering from baldness myself but I work as a dermatologist, if I were you I'd get hold of a shampoo which contains Ketoconazole which inhibits DHT which is the main cause of MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) I'd combine that with a 5% topical Minoxidil solution like Lipogaine and you should start to see some re-growth over time and long term use can stop the balding process and re-grow hair, I would also suggest applying coconut oil & extra virgin olive oil also as many men have seen that drastically improve hair thickness also.

does laser hair therapy work? not that comb shit im talking the machine that you do for a few times a week for a couple of months. there was a well known surgeon from beverly hills on the radio that had a show here and he said it worked for certain cases. like you would have to have recent hair loss and not a bald head.

does laser hair therapy work? not that comb shit im talking the machine that you do for a few times a week for a couple of months. there was a well known surgeon from beverly hills on the radio that had a show here and he said it worked for certain cases. like you would have to have recent hair loss and not a bald head.

Thusfar those who I have spoken to who have gone through with it say that the only change they noticed was that the thin hair they had looked noticeably thicker & healthier however as far as actual considerable re-growth goes? to be honest I have not heard or spoken to many men who have had that kind of testimony.

And I guess it also depends on where you are on the Norwood scale.

Thusfar those who I have spoken to who have gone through with it say that the only change they noticed was that the thin hair they had looked noticeably thicker & healthier however as far as actual considerable re-growth goes? to be honest I have not heard or spoken to many men who have had that kind of testimony.

And I guess it also depends on where you are on the Norwood scale.

yes, what ive heard is that you have to combine it with other things to see the best results. its recommended for small pct hair loss or thinning.

yes, what ive heard is that you have to combine it with other things to see the best results. its recommended for small pct hair loss or thinning.

I guess it would work considerably well on the crown & vertex but I personally think it's unlikely it would improve the situation on the temples.

This is the last thing id suggest as someone who's done it before.

The amount of attention i get from women with my hair grown out vs when i shaved my head is pretty crazy.

If you have a woman already then it doesn't matter.

Shaved head gets me way more looks than hair grown out. Interesting.

Shaved head gets me way more looks than hair grown out. Interesting.

I think that has a lot to do with the shape of your head, ears etc..if your ears are sticking out and your skull is a bit elongated then maybe it's not the best look.

My hair went the way of Statham's in my late 20's. Took it in stride. I honestly don't understand why so many guys are self conscious about it to the degree that they'll take pharmaceuticals to try and beat it. Just get more shredded if you have image issues.

lol. i'm all for it, if there aren't any bad side-affects. but really, just lose your hair like a real man. it ain't that big of a deal.

Don't waste your money with it, I'm not suffering from baldness myself but I work as a dermatologist, if I were you I'd get hold of a shampoo which contains Ketoconazole which inhibits DHT which is the main cause of MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) I'd combine that with a 5% topical Minoxidil solution like Lipogaine and you should start to see some re-growth over time and long term use can stop the balding process and re-grow hair, I would also suggest applying coconut oil & extra virgin olive oil also as many men have seen that drastically improve hair thickness also.

Ok, thanks for the tips. I bet you're familiar with alpecine shampoo? Might be called a bit different where you live. I've tried that stuff for years now and it really only helps a slight bit. Still better than regular shampoo i figure. Also been doing the minoxidil for about half a year now. Initially great results, but it seems like it has lost its effect nowadays.

Or, an I know this is out there: you could take your lot and deal with it like a goddamn man.

Worrying about hair loss is such a demeaning trait. You wax your pussy as well?

I realise that sounds a little confrontational so here's a :) to ease the hurt.

Seriously though, hair loss products are all as bad as each other, they're basically a comb over.

Balding is natural.

Women only give a shit if you lack confidence to go along with hair loss.

If you have a symmetrical head, then shave it. It's just easier that way.

Or, an I know this is out there: you could take your lot and deal with it like a goddamn man.

Seriously though, hair loss products are all as bad as each other, they're basically a comb over.

I dont consider myself a particulary good looking guy, and never felt like the shaved look makes it any better. I guess it seems a bit vain, but whatever.

I've really made peace with it already and will just shave it off soon. Just wanted to get sherturd's oopinion on the matter.

Yeah, but you're the guy that convinced yourself that women associate mpb with dominance.

Women prefer hair. I grew mine out because women kept telling me I ought to. They never spoke of my perceived dominance, and certainly never suggested i go back to a shaved head.

Back