Anyone surprised by the Pros Pick: Jones vs. DC in favor of DC?

usually they pick the ones they are associated with so not sure how much to think of its validity

DC is faster than Rashad, Rashad's speed is so overrated its crazy. I think Machida and Belfort are faster than DC but I think DC would still be faster than most LHWs and MWs.

What you're talking about in the second paragraph seems to be reaction time, I agree, Jones has a very good reaction time but I don't think he's fast for his division but with his size and length he doesn't have to be.

I brought up Rashad as a measuring stick. You said DC looked fast in his 2 LHW bouts bout those weren't really fast guys he fought.

Look DC is fast and it's why he was killing HWTs imo. I think he's better suited for HWT because he has an insane speed advantage there and he's one of the few smaller guys who's able to prevent the big guys from leaning on him and holding him against the cage.

I think DC will win but I'm rooting for Jones. Now he is the underdog, maybe first time in his life.

It is interesting.

In the Gus fight we got to see the first time Jones didn't have a distinct range advantage

Now for the first time we'll see when he arguably has a wrestling disadvantage. Sonnen and Evans have great wrestling but were too small.

Re-watching the Rashad fight made me even more confident that DC is going to beat Jones.

No, because literally everyone in that video is a training partner of DC's

[YT]B1r7Vok6JN0[/YT]

and Josh Barnett got beat by DC, of course he wants him to win, it looks bad if he doesnt

also wrestler's are naturally going to be picking DC over JJ

especially after JJ's remarks about DC's "failure" at the Olympics. that really irked a lot of guys from wrestling backgrounds.

also if you notice the one person in that video who is rooting for Jon Jones is also Jones' training partner. I mean I think that's the biggest factor.
Are you in the second grade? Why don't you try listening to what the man actually says, you might learn something.

No, because literally everyone in that video is a training partner of DC's

[YT]B1r7Vok6JN0[/YT]

and Josh Barnett got beat by DC, of course he wants him to win, it looks bad if he doesnt

also wrestler's are naturally going to be picking DC over JJ

especially after JJ's remarks about DC's "failure" at the Olympics. that really irked a lot of guys from wrestling backgrounds.

also if you notice the one person in that video who is rooting for Jon Jones is also Jones' training partner. I mean I think that's the biggest factor.

You literally don't know what literally means.

Pro's in general don't seem to have sharper picks than the general public and can be just as biased, so I don't put much value on their opinion.

you can tell when theyre not biased though. barnet gave a pretty good break down.

I got Gary Goodridge on fb and he was rooting for Jones at first, now he wants DC to win. If anyone have momentum going to do the impossible, that's today's DC.

Not really surprised. While Jones may have more paths to victory DC has something like a straight line 8 lane turnpike. Also even though I agree with the pros on this one, they are often wrong.

Not really. DC is probably more liked which might play into it. Also Jones has looked beatable (against Gus), while DC hasn't. Can't wait for this fight.

Either you didn't read the list or you think DC trains at ten different gyms. As a poster you are a can.

Everyone who picked DC basically was either an AKA guy (Thompson, Khabib) or went to the same college(Hendricks) or fought him and lost(Barnett). What did you expect them to say? Jones was the betting favorite, usually they seem to be less biased.

Back