Anyone surprised by the Pros Pick: Jones vs. DC in favor of DC?

I've bet on MMA exactly 3 times in the past.

I put a bunch of money on Frank Mir to beat Brock Lesnar the first time they fought.

I put a bunch of money on Verdum to beat Gonzaga.

I put a bunch of money on Nick Diaz to beat BJ Penn.

All three were underdogs for some reason, but I was pretty confident all three were safe bets. All three paid off well.

And today I just put a bunch of money on Cormier to beat Jones. Not near as much as my other bets, and the pro picks didn't really affect me that much.

We'll see if I bring my betting record to 4-0 on odds underdogs.

People usually bet against Jones. What else is new? Even if he wins they'll bet against him next time. It's about emotion, not what they always actually think. Just shows how Jones has people obsessing over every aspect of his existence. He has control over the minds of people that he doesn't even know exist.

you think it is unwarranted hype? The guy is undefeated in 2 weight classes has never lost a rnd and is a wrestling beast. So please explain how the hype is out of control.

It's out of control because people are acting like Jones has no chance in this fight. Sherdoggers are creaming themselves over public rehearsals with Luke Rockhold for crying out loud. DC can wrestle, but Jones can too. Jones is every bit a horrible matchup for DC as DC is for him and yet you fools are acting like Jones is a novice.

People usually bet against Jones. What else is new? Even if he wins they'll bet against him next time. It's about emotion, not what they always actually think. Just shows how Jones has people obsessing over every aspect of his existence. He has control over the minds of people that he doesn't even know exist.

I'm not a Jones guy but I agree. People pick based on who they WANT to win. Jones will win

It's out of control because people are acting like Jones has no chance in this fight. Sherdoggers are creaming themselves over public rehearsals with Luke Rockhold for crying out loud. DC can wrestle, but Jones can too. Jones is every bit a horrible matchup for DC as DC is for him and yet you fools are acting like Jones is a novice.

Acting?

I've bet on MMA exactly 3 times in the past.

I put a bunch of money on Frank Mir to beat Brock Lesnar the first time they fought.

I put a bunch of money on Verdum to beat Gonzaga.

I put a bunch of money on Nick Diaz to beat BJ Penn.

All three were underdogs for some reason, but I was pretty confident all three were safe bets. All three paid off well.

And today I just put a bunch of money on Cormier to beat Jones. Not near as much as my other bets, and the pro picks didn't really affect me that much.

We'll see if I bring my betting record to 4-0 on odds underdogs.

Those are all good. I've only bet on two fights, same reason - underdogs that I thought were favorites... but, very sadly:

Shogun-Machida 1
Bones-Gus

I was flabbergasted at the Shogun decision. Worried and disappointed at the Gus one. Not gonna bet no mo.

You sound a tiny bit worried.

I am very surprised....most are in favor of Cormier here, I expected more even.

I think one thing is that Jones wrestling and ground game are being underestimated here

Nam Phan picked Cormier. So Jones wins.

I'm gonna go with Jon Jones. He's going to surprise alot of ppl and win this fight by dominant decision.

Jones wins, I dont see it being that competitive really. DC hype train. Dudes fought past their prime HW's a past his prime LHW and Cummins.

Jones will thwart the take down by being longer and as strong and then he will slowly embarrass DC on the feet and then probably take him down in the 4th-5th to further his embarrassment.

The end comes in the 4th-5th.

Jones wins, I dont see it being that competitive really. DC hype train. Dudes fought past their prime HW's a past his prime LHW and Cummins.

Jones will thwart the take down by being longer and as strong and then he will slowly embarrass DC on the feet and then probably take him down in the 4th-5th to further his embarrassment.

nope

Not really. The pros are no more objective than sherdoggers.

American wrestlers are even more biased in favor of their class than brazilians.

- guy A has 1 punch KO power, awesome TDD and sick subs.

"guy B will win because he's a good rassler" (by generic wrestler)

I'm not too shocked. I favor Jones slightly due to his youth, range, and versatility but Cormier is clearly unlike anything he's faced before and has been every bit as dominant as Jones against a comparable level of competition so it's basically a coin flip on who takes it and it doesn't surprise me that more people are picking the "good guy" of the two. (On a side note, I do feel like Cormier has actually been more responsible for instigating and escalating their feud but largely gets a pass because of how much nicer he comes across and how biased so much of the mma community is against Jones but that's a whole other subject)

lol at calling a HW GP winner and current undefeated a "hype train".

Jones is clearly the favorite, but DC is not your up and coming top 15-20 guy.

Back