Anyone surprised by the Pros Pick: Jones vs. DC in favor of DC?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Pros gave the nod, 20 to DC and 11 to Jones for winning the fight. I always thouhht DC would be one of Jones toughtest opponents and a fighter that could beat and Jones but I just have a feeling that Jones will win this time. I think DC would be extremely hard to finish for anyone and that if Jones wins it will be by decision.

Anyone else surprised by the pros picks being in favor of DC?

Last edited:
No, because literally everyone in that video is a training partner of DC's

[YT]B1r7Vok6JN0[/YT]

and Josh Barnett got beat by DC, of course he wants him to win, it looks bad if he doesnt

also wrestler's are naturally going to be picking DC over JJ

especially after JJ's remarks about DC's "failure" at the Olympics. that really irked a lot of guys from wrestling backgrounds.

also if you notice the one person in that video who is rooting for Jon Jones is also Jones' training partner. I mean I think that's the biggest factor.

Pro's in general don't seem to have sharper picks than the general public and can be just as biased, so I don't put much value on their opinion.

Quite surprising, though the Pros, just like sherdoggers, say who they hope to win, and not necessarily who they would bet $10,000 to win.

That said, war DC.

[YT]B1r7Vok6JN0[/YT]

and Josh Barnett got beat by DC, of course he wants him to win, it looks bad if he doesnt

especially after JJ's remarks about DC's "failure" at the Olympics. that really irked a lot of guys from wrestling backgrounds.

also if you notice the one person in that video who is rooting for Jon Jones is also Jones' training partner. I mean I think that's the biggest factor.

Either you didn't read the list or you think DC trains at ten different gyms. As a poster you are a can.

im shocked actually cuz jones should still be a big favorite. sure DC may come out and just school jones, but he may also get caught and flash ko'd in the 1st round (which for some reason i see happening)

I'm rooting for DC, and he will win, but pros seem to always pick who they want to win.

Also, they always seem to go with the hipster pick.

I was actually a little surprised, but its an opinion I agree with. I also noticed that there seems to be a large undercurrent of general dislike towards Jones in the comments. I mean, these guys all see each other all the time - I really wouldn't be surprised if Jones is tough to be around.

I'm wrong quite a bit, but it doesn't stop me from being pretty confident about DC winning this. And that's saying something, because I'm not unrealistic about how awesome Jones is as a fighter. I think DC just has the game to break him down easily, and Jones, aside from a possible spinning elbow, doesn't have that one shot bailout-of-trouble kind of power that some champs do.

Jones will, I am sure, bring something new, or find a way to make it a struggle, however. He proved that to me when Gus shit kicked him. I was one of the few that called Gus as a real threat, and I felt he was the favorite in that one. However, I was dead wrong as to how Jones would respond. I thought he'd fold once he was getting outboxed and had his takedowns stuffed. When Gus actually did stuff the TD's, which was the only big ? for me going in, I thought Jones would get frustrated or wilt. He did not. he is a true warrior - as good mentally as he is physically. He won't go away easy.

The Cormier hype is out of control. I'm not even much of a Jones fan, but I'm rooting for him even harder just to bring half of the MMA world back down to earth.

I'm very surprised. You'd think the fighters would know better.

No one has made a strong case that Cormier can't control the fight. Barring a magical strike Cormier is going to pull a Cain vs. JDS. On top of that DC wants it more.

No one has made a strong case that Cormier can't control the fight. Barring a magical strike Cormier is going to pull a Cain vs. JDS.

Sorry, dude, but your logic is absurd. "No one has made a strong case that Cormier can't control the fight." What if I said, "No one has made a strong case that Jones can't control the fight?" What are you going to say in response? We need to actually see the fight to know these things. Everything else is just conjecture.

Either you didn't read the list or you think DC trains at ten different gyms. As a poster you are a can.

4d.gif

Well this is one of the last days Jones gets to hold the belt :)

The Cormier hype is out of control. I'm not even much of a Jones fan, but I'm rooting for him even harder just to bring half of the MMA world back down to earth.

you think it is unwarranted hype? The guy is undefeated in 2 weight classes has never lost a rnd and is a wrestling beast. So please explain how the hype is out of control.

Well, it looks like Jones is about to surprise a lot of people.

you think it is unwarranted hype? The guy is undefeated in 2 weight classes has never lost a rnd and is a wrestling beast. So please explain how the hype is out of control.

Maybe he is a Nancy Kerigan fan :)

[YT]B1r7Vok6JN0[/YT]

I think TS is talking about Sherdog Pro Picks article, not that video.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-Jones-vs-Cormier-79357

Back